BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 05, 2006

Wrappin’ up the weekend….

What can I say, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times”…OH that is a Styx song… what is wrong with me??? I really need to figure this out rather quickly.

According to my Aunt H, I have a better change getting held hostage, in a bank hold up, than to get married “at my age”. Great, just what I have always dreamed of, for my next banking visit. (Although I have utilized the drive-thru more since my Aunt H mentioned that little fun fact to me.)

I did have 3 different Hispanic men that spoke little to no English, hit on me around closing time, Friday night. LOL ;) OK, I try to be nice about this, as I know what it feels like to be “rejected”. Well, here is where the word “no” in any language is just not received on the same page as it is delivered. (As a side note I speak Spanish rather fluently, much to a surprise of my Hispanic “friends”) So, after politely saying no thank you, and I am not dating right now, the one Hispanic guy is still there talking away, trying any attempt to engage me in conversation. (Limited, but non the less) I move to another part of the bar as I just want to have my drink, relax, and sing a song after my 4 ½ hours shift at 7 different bars. This guy FOLLOWS me to my new seat. HELLO? I said that, “ I am not interested”, “my life is complicated” and “I am not dating anyone” and he still follows me. The fella sitting on the other side even interjected and stated, “look buddy, she said her life is “complicated” this is women code for “get lost”!” LOL ;o) …Finally I get to sing my song, YIPPPPEEEEE! I have been waiting all night to just let out all the “tensions”. As I am singing the 2nd verse, another guy I know comes up behind me and starts rubbing me on my shoulders. The Hispanic guy is trying to slow dance from the front, and I am at this point ready to go postal….EEERRRCCCHHHHHHH. I push the Hispanic guy away and jab the guy behind me…(Later I told him that I had a sunburn(lie) and that he was pouring salt in the wound, and well, I couldn’t interrupt the song, as I was singing it by request from the bartender and her MAN…The song was, “just might make me believe” by Sugarland…I LOVE that song) So, after getting my last drink in me, I bolted for the door to my car and the Hispanic guy FOLLOWS me to my car and starts knocking on the window, saying something about needing a ride (half in Spanish and half in English) I just put my car in reverse and speed away. O….M…..G…. Seriously?!?!!?! I think he might have been a car salesman! BAWWWAHHHHHH.

Saturday night was equally as crazy. I travel to 7-8 bars in a 4 ½ hour period. After I go I normally have about 45 min to 1 hour left in the night to “relax” have a drink or 2, sing a Karaoke song, and then go home. (I refer to this as my “power hour”). JT shows up, and wants to buy me a drink. Yep, he went out, and the “going on the wagon" lasted all of 2 ½ weeks. Then in his blurr told me how taking his 3 weeks off from drinking (um 2 weekends, I have no idea where he gets 3…phew, I am only guessin' that it is the "new math"), showed him that he can say “no”, and that he should thank me for “putting him in check” and now the he feels that he can “pass the test of saying “no” and now there is no reason to hold back. Plus as an additional bonus, now is tolerance is lower and he is trashed on 4 drinks. YEAH, SURE! 4 drinks my big toe!!! He was rationalizing his drinking by saying that, he would have a shot of 7-up in between shots, so people would think that he was drinking…WHAT? I totally give up. SSSRRREEEEEEAAAACCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yesterday, I made my lists for the store, and for my re-orders. I kept thinking back on the weekend and laughing. I mean what else can I do? These crazy men in my life, while I am sure entertaining for you all, drive me NUTS!!! NUTS NUTS NUTS!!!

So my question is, "where have all the good men gone?" Last I heard the good ones' where taken, gay, hung up on their Mothers' (and one I just had to add, from personal experience) wanted by the FBI.....Anyone? Buler??? Anyone???

13 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

I'm taken. Sorry.

Los said...

They are out there, you just have to dig a little deeper ... wait, that's not a good analogy....

Superstar said...

Los: are you still drunk???? LOL ;o)

Smokin: you fall into the good and taken catagory... DAMN IT!!!

snowelf said...

"According to my Aunt H, I have a better change getting held hostage, in a bank hold up, than to get married “at my age”."

Geeeeeez!! I am so effing doomed... not that I want to get married...per se, but I could deal with having a nice normal guy around every once in awhile.

Did I mention I hate your aunt, too? :P Okay, I'm sure she's nice and all...

--snow, convinced all the good ones are married or gay

Yoda said...

Sweets, someone told me today that lots of handsome, educated and "cultured" men are available at San Quentin maximum security pri...

Christina_the_wench said...

~sings "Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods? Where's the street-wise hercules to fight the rising odds" Who didn't want to warehouse rape Kevin Bacon in Footloose? I'm just saying...Whew!

Sorry. Ya' took me back to the '80's. Carry on.

Superstar said...

YODA: You are in big trouble Mr..I mean DR....HE HEHE HE HE HE

Christina: THANK YOU FOR GETTING THE song rift! WHOO HOO! Totally wanted to be on the men's Gym team after that movie...

Snowelf: We will find him...I am even willing to share. ;o)There is a good metro sexual out there...Oh there I go into another song lyric...gesssshhhh!

Moderator said...

I didn't want to warehouse rape Kevin Bacon in "Footloose."

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... you didn't say anything about the guy being metrosexual. That's totally different.

I mean, I admit that I own an Old Navy messenger bag, and am starting to figure out which Gap polo shirts go with which pair of boot cut jeans. But that's as good as it gets for me.

Otherwise, I watch football, fart in bed, and ogle women's butts in the mall. But I still think I'm a catch.

Christina_the_wench said...

Grant is the exception. My bad.

Superstar said...

Smokin: I don't care if he can match a tie to his pants or not.. but true Metrosexual's are rare that I often get the gay-dar going off and, well, who wants to be shopping for the same thing? LOL ;o)
The variety that I have dated, stuns even me. I am finding that unless they are self confident, like you, have a good sense of humor, I either scare them off w/ my independant spirit or I get bored w/ them. ;o) I can not date a tool.... LOL ;o)The Cling -on's drive me NUTS!! I end up telling them "Get a life. Don't try and steal mine..."

mollymcmo said...

I'm taken too.

m

Mama en Fuego said...

Honey, how many times have I told you to look UNDER the bar stool not on top of it?? Sheesh, will you ever learn?

I'm sure if you wait about 6 months Jerry will be free and probably expecting his first child with Hozilla.

Smokin' : I don't think you cross the metrosexual line until you start waxing your eyebrows and getting a MAN-incure.

Yoda : I'm pretty sure none of those guys qualify and they don't call them metro sexual in prison, their called "bitch"