BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fun in the sun...


So I once saw an interview with a famous male personality that said, "She has to feel as comfortable in the swimwear as in an evening gown". Now while I thought this was rather funny, at the time, I started thinking about when was the last time I honestly felt comfortable in my own skin that I FELT that I looked as good in a swim suit as a evening gown.

No woman likes the inevitable "swim suit shopping" season, as it is an instant reminder of the "thighs" that we have been hiding under those pants we where everyday. UGH Cottage Cheese thighs!! Then we will further the self loathing process by then giggling at them in the mirror while grimacing at the same time in the dressing room. Make no nevermind, that our gal pal is outside the room laughing hysterically at our commentary. Then we open the door.....
*Gasp*
Our friends Instant first response is the tell all of if we should buy the dang thing or not. We look for the roll of the eyes or the frown on the lips or the cocking of the head to one side,,, all these things tell us they are examining every inch of the body and determining if this will get me any action on the beach. Then it is the "sales" job of the century. Women are great at "selling" anything. If you don't believe me men, then check out the diamond ring on your lady's finger...If that wasn't a sales job, then well...I don't know what is.

Becka and I went shopping for suits one time. Her issue is that she is short and feels like a "pygmy" and me well, Long legs and large jugs (which is a problem all of it's own) being 5'10" isn't always a breeze to find JUST the right suit. I am sure you all are saying to yourselves, that this is an easy problem to fix...well, not so easy...TRUST me. Either the top is over filled and falling out or if the top fits then the azz looks like I took a dump and lets recap a bikini??? HELL NO!! So, finding just the right suit that compliments my freakish body is a challenge. Anyway, back to the story. So I break the cardinal rule and try on this horizontal strip number and....
*GASP***
THAT IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE ON YOU!!! Then of course...I am still wondering if she paid this guy to comment, this guy waiting on his wife, whistles, and agrees w/ Becka that this is a "MUST buy". HMMMM I am trying to impress the men.... so this one is going home w/ me...comfy, fits the twins nice and makes my thighs look great.

Then she goes in to the dressing room and we do it all over again. Every year I make some crazy resolution to live healthy and be consistent w/ my exercise resume. Every year I get lazier and lazier about getting up early or working out after work...When I moved to Arizona I thought, "ok I will want to work out everyday, because the weather is always so great. HA Lets recap today, at 530am it was already 89 degrees. By Noon it will be about 103 and by 5pm tonight it si supposed to be 109-110. HA workout everyday. Now I am sure some of you are thinking, "use your A/C. Sure. To keep my 800 SQ FT apt at 80 it will cost me about $100 per month. I try to keep it at 85 so that I can keep my bill at $85-95...I used to have a gym membership and then, well, life once again stepped in and I opted to workout at home w/ my elliptical. LOL ; o)

Today I am wondering why we women beat ourselves up each year about our bodies. Why don't we just LOVE how we look. I remember looking at photos of myself in high school and college and thinking WOW! Who is that HOT babe, w/ the long hair??? LOL ;o) Then I think Why when I was there was I not thinking the same thing? I would say how fat I was and how ugly I was at the time. Why didn't I think that I looked good then as when I look at the pics now? Not in a vain self conceded way, just a healthy self love?? Isn't this an attributes that men find even more attractive than a wafer or "small boned gal"? Self confidence and feeling comfortable with all you are??

I can honestly say that my self image was driven by my families unhealthy view of what is skinny and fat instead of thinking "what is healthy". It is hard to learn portion control when your mom sits down and eats a package of Oreo's for dinner and then makes you eat peas and chicken. WTF?? No wonder I have had so many issues with food. I learned it from my Mother. Now that I am older and "wiser" (Laugh to self right now) I think that I have acknowledged the unhealthy emotional food frenzy of my family...I wonder have I mastered the Non yo-yo dieting that I have been doing since I was 12? Then I realize it times to go get into the pool and hang out in the sun... All this just to put on a swim suit this morning....

20 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

I feel gypped.

That picture was too dark.

Los said...

At least your parents didn't make you wear grape smugglers to the pool as a child, or made you chafe because they made you wear Lederhosen when you were just a kid.

Mama en Fuego said...

Oh Los, that sucks....grape smugglers...he he he he.

My worst bathing suit experience was when I went to Kennywood and rode on the "rapids" and the "waterfall" pulled my tube top bathing suit down around my waist. I was sure I was going to die right then and there. I'm still traumatized.

Stevo trust me, she looks great in that bathing suit.

mollymcmo said...

great picture, very cute :)

i have to say why women feel that way is because of the media. they are brainwashing fuckers.

brainwashing fuckers (just wanted to say that again!)

you ever pick up a magazine with an article about loving whatever body type you have, then flip to the next page and its an ad for some skin firmer product or some super aneroxic chick selling something?

once again, media are fuckers.

m

Anonymous said...

I'm a member of the media. Am I a brainwashing fucker too?

If she looks that good in the suit, I wanna see.

Superstar said...

Smokin: LOL ;o) for the record, it one of the only pics I own of my in my bathing suit that I actually like.
Los: Grape ASmugglers??? Lederhosen??? OMG do you yodel???
Molly: Brainwashing Media that thinks that 5'2" and 85lbs is "sexy"!!! I can I intro you to my bag of bones?

El Padrino said...

Don't pay no mind to what people think or say. you feel good then you look good? Good? Good.

Nikki said...

((cringe)) Swimsuit season.

Mama en Fuego said...

Well I guess I'd rather be a brainwashing fucker than a biddyfucker...but hey that's just me.

This conversation reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines, "I prefer my women built for comfort, not for speed."

RIGHT ON!!

Superstar said...

Smokin: Can you brainwash your traffic peeps to beleive that women should be built for speed and comfort? LOL ;o)

Becka: I think it should be an equal combo of both...Spped and comfort...Why not? It's my "world" BAWWAAAHHHHHH

EL: (shafing head) It's ok, You don't know me. Because, I am ALL about what other people think!!! Sometimes I have the juevos to just do what I want anyway!!! LOL ;o) FEEL GOOD=LOOKS GOOD. ;o) Got it. ;o)

Los said...

Hmmm - I can try to yodel, I guess. I do have a 3-cd set of Heino's greatest hits. If you don't know who this guy is, (A) you aren't German, and (B) you should be thankful.

In case I have gotten you interested in Heino, here is a website you can visit to find out more about this guy (I warn you, He is creepy looking ... and sounding): http://shehori.com/heino/

Yoda said...

That's a nice pic. I like the things you have in your hair :-) I like people who are comfy in their own skin.

Something tells me that when your jugs don't fit in the suit, people tell you that you look better in them ;-)

snowelf said...

Superstar, SO glad you found a suit you like. I have that "jug issues" thing too. It's a total pita!!! I swear every summer that the only cute suits they make are for the chicks who don't have such a "problem." (eye roll, as I don't see this so much as a problem since chicks pay big bucks for boobs like ours. ;) ) I always have to buy the suits you can buy in two pieces to get the right sizes for me.

Anyway, enough boob speak onto the naked portion of this comment. (yea, i know what boyz like) LOL!!

In all seriousness, an EXCELLENT book I read recently and highly recommend is called Feel Good Naked. It's really, really uplifting and helps teach women how to feel comfy in their own skin. The author is truly inspiring.

Jim McKee said...

Well, I think you like damn fine in that suit. More pics!!

;-]

Mama en Fuego said...

Snow Ya know, it's not naked so much that I have a problem. I'm very curvy so when I'm naked I look great. But try to put me in most of the styles out there and I look ridiculous. I am convinced that clothing for women is designed for women with out curves.

I can't wear belts around my waist, I end up looking like a weird hour glass with gihugic jugs (say that five times fast.) Don't even think about trying to put me in a dress or button up shirt, if it fits up top it's a mumu, if it fits my waist my boobs are popping out like I'm Superman ripping off my jacket.

Anonymous said...

Alright, let's make one thing clear.

I'm doing this blog thing so I can see babes in swimsuits and thongs. That's all I'm here for.

I'm getting married. I'm looking at 40-50 years of doing it with the same woman over and over again. And I really don't have a problem with that.

But I gotta have some vicarious fun. And when a pic of a babe is up in a swimsuit and it is too dark, I get a little frustrated.

El Padrino said...

"gihugic jugs"

Excellent.

Superstar said...

Smokin: I don't know why Yoda was able to see everything just fine...and your computer is too dark?!?!? I am no techno wizard...but if you click on the pic it will make it full screen for you...Didn't mena to make your brown eyes BLUE!!! LOL ;o)~

Stevo: I am all for GOOD naked...just not when you are frying bacon! That could be VERY painful...

LOS: ROFLMAO!!! That site is strangely funny and yet very freaky....Glad I watched it in the day time!

Becka: I still have your Orange and pink number at my house. ;o) I think you have to wear it while prego. I KNOW prego you would look a million times better than Brittney Spears on the cover of People!!! LOL ;o)

JimL: THANK YOU!!!

CM: Come on over! AZ is great from OCT-June then it is monsoon season from July to Sept. This = 55% humidity, 120 degree temps and WILD thunder and lightning storms...VERY EROTIC!!!

Snow: I will check out that book. I think they will still let me into a library. ;o)

Yoda: The things in my hair are butterflies. I have a tattoo on my back that has a butterfly. ;o)

Mama en Fuego said...

Oh no...no preggo bikini for me. Maybe in my own backyard where noone else can see me. Speaking of which, when are you coming over to kick it poolside?

Mama en Fuego said...

Stevo I think you and my Dad were cut from the same cloth.