BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Too many to choose from…..

Yesterday was just like any other day for me. Go to work, go to the store and go home and hang w/ Dakota and relax. So, I am at my desk, feeling like a one armed paper hanger, when my boss ventures by and notices my shopping list. Seems harmless enough right?!?!?! WRONG. Let me share w/ you the list.
*eggs
*Lowfat Yogart
*Turkey dogs (sale $.88)
*Club soda
*Condoms
EEEERRRRCCCCHHHHHHHHH
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD…

So acting like it’s no big deal as we are all adults. She says, hey, how is it going? Are you busy enough? (As she hands me the list) I advised her that I was taking lunch at my desk today and I was just putting down my list so I don’t over spend due to my budget this week. She started laughing. OK well good luck at the store. GOOD LUCK??? I really didn’t get it, until I was standing at the isle of condoms.

THERE I WAS…I am standing in the Pharmacy section. HOW EMBARASSING. They have this wide variety in a glass case next to the cold pills and Sudafed. To complicate things, the isle was only big enough to get the buggy thru and the remaining part of the isle was 6 people watching intently on the counter, and now me looking at the condoms inside the glass case. So here I am looking at this glass case of condoms, while 6 onlookers are staring at me. Feeling a bit like a Whore (thanks Molly) I decide to move on and get the rest of my list. I get all my items and look back to the pharmacy section and see not only the same six people but a circus of people hanging out at the counter. SO we will just go elsewhere. I remembered that Target was on the way and I could zip in and out.

WRONGGGGGGGGG

I get to Target and go to the Pharmacy section….HOLY SHIT!!! There are 60 billion brands to choose from….Now just to clarify, I have not purchased Condoms since….I can’t even remember that far back I have always been in a committed relationship and my significant others had their own preference and bought what they wanted, but never really asked me to buy them. I equate this to me asking my S.O. (Significant Other) to buy me feminine hygiene items. OK. So I am standing in front of this shelf. I am blown away by the selection. There are colors. They have red, yellow, blue, green, and gold (sorry I did not see any black ones Molly) They had flavors, lubricated, silky for her pleasure, sensitive, small, medium, and large, generic and of course plain Trojans.

So now I am overwhelmed with choices. (FYI NOT a good thing for me) So I buy something that is for ME? Do I buy a small med or large…OH I am very sorry AVERAGE (Which I am still trying to figure out what a cruel person came up w/ that in association w/ the Man stick). EEKKK. What do I do here? I can’t Punt! BEANS AND RICE. So I do the next logical thing, I pickup the package and flip it over to read the back. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?! I was HOPING to find any information as to WHY the ribbed was any better than the generic brand of Trojan. (Smokin Steve’s/Trumps Brand name lecture fresh in mind). What do I see? The equivalent of Crickets, at a bad theater performance.*Chirp Chirp* They have several bulleted sayings and that is it. No directions, no chemical FDA info…WHAT? Tell me WHY you are better than the other box…Throw me a bone here…BAWWAAHHH

So now do I go for the 12 pack for $5.14 or do I go for the 24 pack that is $7.89. (Keep in mind I am not even having sex, but just want to KNOW that should the situation arise, that I am one prepared girl scout!) Well, now what? Oh, I still am trying to figure out which “style” I want. SO in my desperation I grab the 12 pack, of lubricated name brand Trojans. DONE. I am one prepared girl Scout!! I get to the Pharmacy counter and I swear the HOTTEST MAN in months is standing behind to help me w/ my purchase. OMG. I am snapped out of my drooling when he asked, “Can I get you anything else”? (Switching to internal monologue here: OF Course. Hello, I am buying condoms…Can I get your number? Can I run off and just hide in my embarrassment. OH, Wait *whoop whopp* Gadar is going off…he’s GAY…Thank god!) “Um no thanks, just the box”.

Guys, if you have any advise as a “guy” and the user of these devices…I would appreciate a shout out as to what YOU think. I am baffled as I have always thought this would be a really personal preference….Can you throw the girl a bone here???

13 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

Glad to help. I do have specific knowledge here.

For the record, Mr Trump advises that if the brand name is attached to the quality of the product, then buy the brand. In this case, you do not want bad quality at all from cheaper condoms. Trojan is a good name to stick with.

A few things you need to know from my knowledge...

Ribbed for her pleasure = overrated. I've never heard any woman say that those did anything for them. Then again, I've never asked. But I think that any guy who buys ribbed for her pleasure does not know thing one about pleasing his woman and thinks he needs that advantage. No, I've never used them.

Getting the kind that is lubricated with spermicide ain't a bad thing. It's good to have a little more safety on your side if the damn thing does break. It might not be foolproof, but it could be a difference.

If you are buying these without a particular guy in mind, and just to have them in case something happens, then I say buy the regular ones. If it turns out he needs the Magnum kind, then another later purchase may be necessary (and bully for both of you). But average ones have a lot of length to them. I would imagine they should cover most instances.

Christina_the_wench said...

I don't have a penis (well, not one attached to me) but I think you made the right decision. And high five for being prepared, girl!

Los said...

Guys obviously think it is a turn-on when a girl buys condoms.

Trojens always worked for me. I agree with Smokin' - get the spermicidal lubricant, and it doesn't matter if they are ribbed or not.

Mama en Fuego said...

Ribbed is marketing bullshit. Don't bother. I would definately go with a trusted name brand because there is nothing scarier than a broken condom. Talk about a buzz kill.

Also, not to get all sex-ed on you but don't let a guy talk you into the old "lemme slip it in a couple times before I put the condom on" crap. Pre-cum does contain some sperm and STD's so sorry Charlie, it's all or nothing.

I really should do Sex-Ed again in a teaching capacity. It's so fun to gross out teenagers...LOL

Superstar said...

Smokin: yeah I think it has that spemacide too! YEAH!!!

Los: Women buying condoms is sexy??? Like men don't think that women who buy condoms are a whore?

Christina: Thank you...I figured *should the occation arise* I don't want to be with out my rain jacket! ;o)

Becka: You teaching sex ed in schools??? Man why wasn't I invited??? LOL :O)

Nikki said...

GAYDAR?!!!!

THROW A GIRL A BONE?!!!!!

OMG! You are hilarious!

I loved this post. I have never bought the condoms either - for the same reason as you.

LOVE YOUR BLOG. I'll be back (arnold accent)

Yoda said...

I've long stopped buying eggs ... they have way too much cholesterol for my likes. One egg gives you 150% of your daily intake! I am in decent shape and don't need to watch for this shit, but seriously, that couldn't be anything other than poison, wouldn't it?

Which came first? Egg or Condom? Also, self-checkout rulez when buying condoms. I realized that after I bought three boxes of undies and the checkout person was a HOTTIE. She was chuckling away to glory ;-)

Superstar said...

Yoda: Underwear annd condoms...yes I think I might have to chuckle too! I hate the self check outs! I can never get the scan thing and then I have to look crap up and get my drivers out...do I look 17?? Anyway...I say the egg.

Nikki
WELCOME!!! Come on over sista'

Just telling it like it is said...

OMG superstar that very same thing happen to me recently (keep in mind I am not having sex either) hey a girl can dream right!! but I felt like as soon as I got to the pharmacy in target a bright light zoned in on me as if to say...Hey every one in target check out the chick buying condoms and reading the labels...I mean I too was baffled...like should I get the large?..I mean a girl can only hope right??? should I get the ones that are ment for women to buy cause they say they have less latex odor...that is what I went with...and hey I bought the biggest pack I could find so like....if everyone was going to see me anyway they would think...like wow that girl must be getting layed a lot or something...
hey a girl could dream right!!!

Anonymous said...

Couple more notes for the hell of it.

The "lemme slip it in a few times" method is bullshit. I actually know a couple who got pregnant using the withdrawal method with no condom. He didn't finish inside her, yet somehow one of his boys slipped through. It is bullshit and women should never fall for it.

Men might think that women buying condoms is a whore, but a dirty part of us likes that. We men are pigs. I admit it.

Mama en Fuego said...

LOL Steve

Superstar said...

STEVO: a blow up doll and a dildo??? That is some funny stuff there...
*gasp*
So trying hard not to bust a gut at my cube!!!!

You are a funny funny man! That does make me feel better...strange.

Smokin: NEVER let 'em slip it in...GOT it.

JUST: I know...I was waiting for "PRICE CHECK" comment...next...

Mama en Fuego said...

Oooh you called it a buggy, good thing Irreverant didn't stop by. She'd have to kick your butt.

For the record it's a cart, not a buggy.