BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Because the bible says so…666

I can not believe for one moment that a “God” so powerful to create, destroy and or have the ability to know ALL would honestly be wrapped up into the "date" of a calendar. All this HYPE of Armageddon is here, and that we are all going to die….Cats and dogs, mass hysteria….UNBELEIVABLE. I call BULLLLLLSHHHHHIIIIIITTTT!!!!!

This 6/6/06 crap really has me laughing. A calendar, I should remind y’all is something that the Romans came up with.( You know the ones who sentenced Jesus to death on a cross, that has to be some irony there!) B.C /A.D. Christians needed some kind of “sign” they needed proof, and most were very fickle to the ways of the "Heathens" (Non- Beleivers). They used to chart the passing of time until the “promised return”. Humans are and have always wanted tangible concepts. Scientist look for “proof” and evidence.

Religion is founded in FEAR. Do you all know what FEAR stands for really? False Evidence Appearing Real. That is all.

There has to be a sense of reality to BELIEVE in the idea and concept, so that the FAITH of any religion could go on into the future. (Again, so that we will all fear, hope, and faith in an omnipotent being.) So what is to say that our puny existence really interests another species? I am curious to know. We have this AD and BC 365 days a year, (not really which is why every 4 years we have leap year) and numbers assigned to days named after the planets. Who is to say that they didn’t get it right w/ 999,(that is the 6 upside down)?? What is not to say that on Sept 9, of 09 we will face the apocalypse now??? How about lets look to our forefathers…do you think the day was as “haunted” as say June 6 of 1906? Or June 6 of 1806? I doubt it. Party like it is 1999?? YK2000 and we all made it through that little “drama” whoooo. How about Hailey’s comet? Humans have always feared what they could not explain or “prove” 1000 years ago this bright light in the night’s sky could have been a vision. How about the meteor shower of 1844?? Maybe an eclipse of the Moon. How about when the sea and waters all turn to blood red. I am not trying to discount what Christians or any other faith believes. I am just trying to bring reason to all this “hype”.

So here is where my 17 years of parochial school and “religious” upbringing come in handy. The bible says, “No man shall know the hour of our Lords return…and when he returns all the world will see all his glory at the same time” I am paraphrasing of course, but you get the idea. The whole purpose of the "666" was that Christians would need a way to identify the "evil" or satan worshipers. 666 is supposed to be a sign of the devil and that it would appear on the forheads of mankind to show "true beleivers" that they were beleiving in a "false prophet"...some how Hollywood got a hold of this whole concept and now we have people thinking today is the "dawn of the dead"....LOL OK so maybe not that drastic...still...y'all get what I'm sayin'.

Do I think today Armaggedon? I guess we will all find out…..But I haven't seen any 666 on anyone's forhead today....

4 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

I think the Myans predicted the world would end in 2013 or something like that.


There will always be doomsayers - it is their only claim to "fame," and when the day passes, they dissolve into the background once again.

Yoda said...

What!?!? Armageddon is today? I knew I must've forgotten to update my calendar.

mollymcmo said...

well the day is almost over in my neck of the woods and all is happy and well.

like what fear stands for, that is clever.

random comment, i LOVE the movie armageddon! LOL!

m

Mama en Fuego said...

Where do people come up with this shit? Why do so many old buildings have no 13th floor? Who is supervising this playground?

I tell you what, seriously, as a Christian and a believer. I didn't even notice it was 6/6/06. Why? Because its crap. Do I believe there will one day be an end to this world as we know it? Yes and not just because the good book says so. We are a being that is destined to destroy each other and ourselves. I have no idea when or how it will happen but I highly doubt that God has an itinerary that says on "6/6/06 - Blow up Earth. 6/7/06 - Start all over again."