BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Things that make me crazy

There are events in one’s life and there are things that people do and not do, which I notice. Some of my friends would say that I notice the strangest things, while missing that I used 2 periods at the end of the sentence on my resume?!?!? What is up w/ that? Well I call it, prioritizing my attention to detail. Anyway here are a few things that get my blood pressure up.

1. Making left hand turns. Now I know this seams completely wacko, but in my rational mind, I feel like I am being wasteful of my time and resources. I should be able to get something on the way to____ or on the way home from_____.

2. People who don’t use their Directionals (Blinkers for some of you!!!) Can you just let me know that you are going to merge? Can you give me a break? I am not omnipotent or read minds from 3 cars away. I don’t know that you want to get off at this exit 2 car lengths in front of me!!!! EEERRRCCCCHHHHHH.

3. Stupid people. I really should not have to explain this one, but I will anyway. Have you ever had a person look at a billboard sized sign and then ask you the question, about the same information on the very sign above them that explains, what they are asking. “So, what time does flight 666 get in?” And the words of Bill Engvall fresh in my mind…”Well, Here is your sign”…. Common sense stupid. Ignorance is another issue all together.

4. Lazy people. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. These are the people that will bitch and complain about EVERYTHING in the world from the dirt in their shoe to the neon sign in their room. My rule about this is: “If you are not happy with something, DO something about it”. I mean if you want to complain about the rain forest and don’t do anything about it…Stop complaining to me about it. Step up or step off. "get busy living or get busy dying"... if you don’t want to step up and do something, stop complaining to ME. I call BULLSHIT on people who just complain for the “attention” that they get. My previous room mate was FAMOUS for complaining about her weight (pushing 400 at 5’3’’) but continued to eat fast food and drink beer. AAAHHHHHHHH

5. Commercials that don’t sell anything. I saw a commercial last night for something called a “head stick” WTF??? The model was rubbing a giant chapstick looking thing on her forehead. It didn’t describe the product or tell me why she was rubbing it on her forehead. I had to check the channel changer to be sure I wasn’t on the funniest home video’s channel…As a side note…I do not like commercials at all, especially ones that YELL at me. Violators are the following: CAR DEALERSHIPS, Gnisue knives, spot removers…just to name a few.

6. FREELOADERS. I know I have talked about this briefly before, but I just get.. well…OK. Seriously had to take a "break"
So my Mom is the WORST violator of this. She will go to a restaurant and take all the sugar, sweet and low, equal, ketchup, mustard, mayo and any condiment that isn’t bolted into the establishment. I don’t get it. I figure this is like stealing and jacks up the price of my food. (supply and demand). The other thing it does is force me, Jo consumer to have to ASK for things from the server. You know silverware, water, salt and pepper?? Jessssshhhh. STOP STEALING!!!

7. Only getting store credit. OK I bought it here, I even bought it from the same person only yesterday…Sorry, without a receipt, I can only give you store credit. WHAT??? Seriously??? I want this item, you don’t have the equivalent or a replacement so now I am either stuck w/ it or I can have “store credit” Why do I want to buy something from somewhere I may or may not EVER want to invest my money again?????

8. People who smoke and BLOW their smoke in my face. EWWWWW stop it. This is one of the most disrespectful thing to do to a non-smoker. In my opinion, you have equivocally SPAT in my face.

9. LIARS. Now I know we all tell little white lies here and there and it is our intention and desired outcome is to “spare” their feelings. But just tell me how it is. Don’t sugar coat it or TRY and be “nice” about it. Just call a Spade a Spade. Here is my example. I dated a guy named “chachi”(not his real name) and he and I went out for about 3 months. He called me one day and said, “ I would like to date other people” (Which we all know is guy code for I already am…) I was hurt and mad, but to this day he and his wife and I, are still friends. We were honest with each other and because of that, I still respected him enough to be friends.

10. Blinking lights. Now this is just funny. After all, I sell lights that blink. I call it my “occupational hazard”. When I see them it drives my eye nerves crazy. I get angry and irritated. Now people ask me, how does that not drive you crazy? Well simple, I don’t see them. When I see them on other people, I have to look away. Christmas lights that blink on a tree, roller rink lights, disco balls and stage lights that strobe….NUTS, NUTS, NUTS!

Hope you all don’t go nut’s trying to LOG ON TO BLOGGER!!!!

2 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

Cool - I did one of these posts a few weeks ago on my Plethora blog!!!

I am annoyed with people who don't use blinkers - I think it is becoming a lost art. Just use them ... ALL THE TIME, PLEASE! IS IT SO HARD?

Mama en Fuego said...

I don't understand, you want me to push the little lever thingy that makes my right or left light go blink-blink? I'm confused, someone please show me how to use this mysterious contraption of modern technology.

Meanwhile back in reality... Blinking lights AGAIN?! Okay so my thing is beeping. I hate it. It makes me very, very angry. Things that beep make me want to grab a hammer and start smashing.