BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 26, 2006

Bon Jovi ROCKS!!!!


Ok with a name like Bambi...I have to admit that I have been a HUGE fan of Jon and the "guys" since Jr. High and High school. I recently watched one of my Oprah Tivo specials and It was none other than Jon and the boys playing on Oprah's new stage...LOVED IT!!

So as Jon is being interviewed and they do the touching cut aways to "home" for Jon when he is not singing and on tour. This Fed Ex delivery arrives and Jon and the band donated 1 million dollars to Oprahs Angel network. This check was delivered just in time for Jon's segment that Oprah had prepared about his work for habitate for humanity. OMG Oprah was stunned. Not only did Jon sponcer about 50 kids to go to school but provided them uniforms and the computers to do their school work....I AM IN TEARS at this point.

Then the producers cut to him with the "team" as he owns the Phillies Football team, really jon and the football team is the driving force for the projects. The clip included all the football players (arena football I know) at none other than a hang out that Smokin has mentioned in one of his 200 blogs...Phils Cheese something...Dang it... Now I have to watch the special again.. ANYWAY, they went on and on about the food and the to die for crab puff appitizers...amd lobster pizza. HMMM ok.

While I was mocking the producers for horrible editing...I was really touched by the fact that this ROCKER is nothing more than a humble guy, just strumming his way to make a living and giving back to his community.

ROCK ON BON JOVI...for those of you that would like to sign up on his website... here is the link...http://www6.islandrecords.com/bonjovi/news_2.php

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mama en Fuego said...

I can't listen to BonJovi any more because Ramalama has ruined his music for eternity. Everytime I hear Bon Jovi I smell Ramalama's cologne and have to pull over to blow chucks.

Los said...

I'm not a huge fan of Bon Jovi - but I know that he's a good guy and has done lots to help people. I did like the Slippery When Wet album, back when I was wearing acid washed jeans.

El Padrino said...

His pants are too tight for me to like him....
but he is a nice guy

Superstar said...

I have to admit Ramalama has an uncanny sound to Bon Jovi...At least he didn't have the long hair, the tight leather pants...

OMG

Remember when we first met him and his Jeans were sooooooo tight??? LOL ;o)

Los: I don't listen to all his songs. I really only like 4 of his songs on the new Have a nice day, (One is the Duet w/ Jennifer Nettles) But I was shocked to see how much he has done/is doing in the PA area for the needy. I love to see rock stars and famous people doing something for "Our Own" That is right her in the US!!!

El Padrino...What are you really looking at in his pants???? LOL ;o)

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing it's Chickie's and Pete's they were hanging out at. Yes, the food rules there.

He owns the Philadelphia Soul, not the Eagles. Just for the record.

He's a North Jersey guy, but he has become an adopted Philadelphian.

I'm not a big fan of his music either. But I do hear that he is a genuinely good guy.

I did see him live at Live 8 last year. They did three songs. That was good enough for me.

Mama en Fuego said...

Ramalama in tight pants...excuse me while I go carve my eyes out with a spoon.

mollymcmo said...

love their music....but not to be a downer or anything...only a million? come on dudes, know you got a ton of cash, i'm sure a million is a drop in the bucket for them.

still, YAY for them! if all celebrities donated cash to all worthy causes I'm sure some cures would be found and other issues dealt with.

m

mollymcmo said...

los.....i found a pair of acid wash jeans in my closet....NOT on my side though!!!! LMAO!

m

Superstar said...

Chickies and Pete's! YES that is it...Sorry about the mixup w/ the name...soul/eagles...Do I get any credit for knowing that it was arena football??? :O)

Sorry Becka...I didn't mean to frighten you! ;o)

El Padrino said...

Just noticed....
pants...
little ttiiggghhtt..
not staring....
i swearrrrr....