BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

From the very beginning….

Sockpuppet and Bambi met in January 2000. Bambi just started a new job and Sockpuppet (SP) was the payroll assistant and guru to 30 branch locations. My job was HR of course. I was really excited to start my new job with a growing corporation (Insert joke here) and while the HQ was 10 people including myself only 5 of us came to work everyday. That is a WHOLE different story. So in my first week of “getting to know” the co-workers and discussing the office at the famous water cooler, SP finally was “released from her tyrant Bitch of a boss “K-Bitach” to come and “play at the “copier”. AH yes the infamous copier. (it was older than SP and me combine and required a number of coxing comments to work). SP is standing there, coxing it, when I said “Hey” and she whips around and says, “I have just about had it with the Sandford and Son’s POS, shingy shingy bow wow”. “For all that is good in the world, spring on a newer copier”. BAWAAAHHHH. We laughed and I mentioned that I had forgotten to bring a lunch and asked SP to go with me to a fav lunch spot. Lunch plans done! Good, so it was back to work…

whipaaaaaaaaa…

I offered to drive as “suzie” her truck at the time was not up to the task that day. So Damn we will just have to ride in “Babe”. She was my ’97 GT 4.8 liter engine, Convertible Mustang, white with a white rag top, alloy wheels and Pirelli racing tires… Damn I miss her…sorry on with the story….so of course I put the top down. We are waiting at the stop light chatting about the office drama when it happens…What I am about to tell y’all will change how you see the horn on your car forever!

I pull into the intersection and go through it when the car in the right hand lane, next to my car, without warning, opts to make a LEFT HAND TURN in front of the ‘stang. This forced me to slam on my brakes and that is when SP reaches over from the passenger seat and honks my horn. HONKS MY HORN!!!!! I was sitting there with my hands a 10 and 2 and she is still honking my horn…just reached right over to “let him know that we are out here”. While she is honking my horn, she is shouting at the guy, “what a jackass” he is…KEEP IN MIND PEOPLE GET SHOT FOR THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR!!!!! Huhmmm, still honking my horn.

I looked at her. She looked at me, with that “whoops I think I over stepped the personal bubble” look. Then we both just busted out laughing. From that day forward when we would see something going “sideways” in the other’s worlds we would say, “Don’t make come over there and honk your horn!!!”. This saying of course became the “honk my horn anytime” that guys take a WHOLE different way. We have been best friends ever since. We call each other sisters. I truly believe that we have family and then we have friends that should have been family. SP is family. Let's face it Family HONKS your horn all the time with out your permission!

So just like your directional (Blinkers) the horn on your car, is something that comes with the car, you paid for it so USE it. Honk just to let them KNOW you are out there. Honk your horn! If you have a friend that has an issue, be sure to HONK their horn too!

8 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Anonymous said...

I was really hoping for a better explanation.

I like my way of thinking what it means better.

Mama en Fuego said...

Remember the scene in Office Space with the fax machine? That was my daily daydream with that frappin' copier.

ROFLMAO at that story, I sooooo miss the mustang.

Sorry Steve ;)

Superstar said...

Smokin: was my story your equivalent to the post coital let down??? ;o) We have used it to mean honking the boobie...while clubin'

Becka: you miss that POS copier like I miss the HOLE in my head! LOL ;o)
*sigh* the 'Stang....

Superstar said...

Smokin: was my story your equivalent to the post coital let down??? ;o) We have used it to mean honking the boobie...while clubin'

Becka: you miss that POS copier like I miss the HOLE in my head! LOL ;o)
*sigh* the 'Stang....

smialek316 said...

Funy story. However,I hearby decree that according to "guy law", the guy's usage of the term "honking the horn" shall stand.

Superstar said...

SMIAKEK316: GUY LAW??? What definition would that be???

Los said...

A white '97 mustang with racing stripes and and a rag-top ... we have a lot of hairy people in South Philly that would kill for that car.

snowelf said...

I love bestfriend stories!! That's freakin' awesome!

On the subjects of horns: I have been having horn issues lately. I keep trying to honk at peoplewho pull out in front of me, (I swear, it's a skill on the test here) and then I realize I am honking my airbag!! Swearing usually follows.
Unfortunately I can rarely flip people off cause it's a small town and they might jump me at wal-mart. Or be related to me.... :P