BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Guy and "The Rules"

OK fellow bloggers, it is bright and *yawn* early Tuesday morning. Instead of working on getting my 2nd quarter grades into the computer I am going to bring you another episode of ...
~Cue Announcer guy~
NEW GUY!!!
~Enters narrator~

We last hear from NG on Thursday night with the following text messages:

NG: Sorry, alot of stuff going on. Will call you Saturday and clue you in

Me; K, Just hard to keep my panties out of a bunch, I am playing the "what if game". Old habits die hard

NG: Just doing what I need 2 do @ this current moment in time

Me: Thank you for keeping me in the loop. Is there anything I can do to help?

NG: Just be my friend and understanding.

Me: Done ;o)

~Cue anouncer guy~
What will happen?? Lets find out as we rejoin Bambi after this commercial break.

Friday: No call, no text
Saturday: NO call and no Text
Sunday: NO CALL, NO TEXT

On Sunday, I am doing my shopping about the Super shopping cement discount mogil, and stumble into the books. (OH NO not the books.) I am always caught by a self help book or two (damn them for making them so appealing...with words like, WINNER, GET, HAVE, and BE!) So anyway, I find a copy of Charlote's Web and think, OH I should start reading that to the class, and then we can watch the movie. So I thumb through it (ONLY 184 pages...I remember thinking when I was a kid that was HUGE) OK then I see it. A book with a "RING" on it and simply put "all the Rules". HMMMM What is this? Could it be...

A self help book to finding and KEEPING Mr Right! HOLY SHITE I mean WOW!!!

So I gobble up the 380 pages like a bear eating for the first time out of hibernation. I CAN NOT put it down.

What have I learned?
I have been following these 35 rules as I pick and choose. OOPPSS!! So here are a few that I have started applying...
#1 Be a creature like no other.
#2 Don't talk to a man first
#5 Don't call him and RARELY call him back
#6 end the phone call 1st.

Back from our commercial break...
Monday night....
~Cue Phone rings~
Me: Hello?
NG: Hey, whats going on?
ME: Oh just getting ready for school and watching the Golden globes.
NG: Well, I wanted to fill you in on everything, now that I have a min to talk.
Me: Oh? (remeber the book said be light and airy)
NG: Well, I will be living in the old house, with my aunt both.
Me: How are you going to do that?
NG: Well, EX has a buldging disc at 5 and 7 virtabrea and needs someone to drive SON around and such, since she is on pain meds. She also needs someone to keep things around the house up.
Me: Well, why doesn't her family help?
NG: basically I am the only one here and ABLE to help. I am also her LAST resort!
ME: Well, so are you two getting back together? Is that what you want?
NG: I don't know. I didn't even get to talk to her and when I did try to talk to her about it, she was snotty and rude and left to go to bed ALONE.
Me: (getting irritated that he still hasn't told me what HE wants) So, what is it that you want?
NG: I am just going to do what I can...
ME: (Bambi, remember "the rules" it's been 12 min and we are supposed to end this after 10..remember, leave him wanting.) Well,
NG: So have you missed me?
Me: ~thumbing through book~ (self: Crap what do I say? turn pages turn) OK be mysterious..."SURE! haven't you missed ME?"
NG: Yeah, what did you do all weekend with out me?
ME: Oh I worked and hung with the "girls"
NG: "The girls?" What did you do?
Me: Well, we went out and had a great time.
NG: OH
Me: Hey, listen, I have to get going and finish my grades for school.
NG: WHAT? you are trying to get rid of me?
Me: OH no, I really need to get this done. I look forward to hearing from you soon
NG: OK, be good.
Me: Bye
NG: BYE (longing in his voice)

YES! IT WORKS!!!

~announcer guy~

~Back after these commercial messages~

So now, I am a "rules girl". I have broken a few with New Guy PRIOR to KNOWING what they are. I am hoping to see, if in fact I have "rescued" this little budding relationship or if by me following the rules, I will get all that I want...

~duh dun da~

20 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mama en Fuego said...

He is trying to keep you simmering on the back burner until he knows for sure what's going to happen with her and that's B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

jali said...

He got some 'splainin' to do. I don't understand why an EX would take care of someone with such a nasty attitude.

Wait for him to call with some real answers.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

He needs to go. GO!
I don't like it, don't like it one little bit. Baaaaad vibes from this, I tell you, baaaaad vibes.

You're just now hearing about "The Rules"?? That was a big deal when it came out. I had a copy myself and it did make a lot of sense. Most of it was bullshit, but some of it was good. It would have been better if it was called, "How to Have Hand" ... I must always have the upper hand, it makes me feel good (especially when I'm backhanding the sorry ones like NG.)

Dump him.
Now.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

I'm back.

Dump NG.

Jim McKee said...

1. I don't like anything like "The Rules". It's all a bunch of bullshit. People should just be able to be honest with each other; no "strategies".

2. Having said that, it doesn't sound like NG is being completely honest with you. I agree with everyone else who said to dump him. Man and woman, living in same household, having a sexual history, do you really think there's NOT whoopee going on, at least once in a while? Think again.

Superstar said...

Jen: Yes the first 3 days was HORRIBLE! I would call my sister even though she wasn't home..I called my Grandmother, Mother, Father and my sister again...LOL ;o)

Dirty: I have an emotional detachment on this one. He is not being direct and frankly, he seems "unavailable" to date. When he doesn't call by Wednesday for a Sturday date...TOOO BAD I am busy. LOL ;) Provided he is smart enough to call ahead and ASK me out.

IAI: Well, he might be trainable, but I have no interest in being a teacher for night school...ya know? Either he will pull his head out of his azz and figure out that he is NOT emotionally or physically available or that If he doesn't get on it, I will be GONE! I have heard of the rules and I think, somewhere I thought they were a bunch of horse hooey...then again I am 35 and NEVER married...so since my application of "my" rules wasn't working...What on earth do I have to loose?? LOL ;o)
Upper handed! LOL...We are so similar!

Jim: No strategy...just good old fashion desire and letting a MAN chase me. Let him fall inlove and Stay in love. I have been far to forward in my dating in the past, and when I was the one being pursued, they were much better boyfriends.

LOL ;o) I am not sure EX is capable of doing and hanky panky, her 5 7 discs are ruptured. Makes even standing, sitting and moveing around EXTREEMLY painful...I have had 4 and 5 disc outta commission...so in my experience I KNOW that sex was a NO GO let alone, waling, or even sleeping was impossible.

Finally, We have not said that we are not seeing other people. SO until I have an "exclusive" relationship...NO WHOOPEEE at my house for him! HARD to do like Jen said...but, NEW DAY, NEW RULES!!!
~folds arms and nods head~

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Good Dog, Woman!
Dump his ass!
Do you need me to write you some books that will be entitled:

"How to Tell When He's Really Dicking You Around But Saying He's Being Honest Which We All Know Is A Crock of Shit."

"Men Don't Help Their Exes Unless They Have Children WITH Them."

"Men Don't Hang Around Exes Unless They're Getting Booty or Hope To Get Booty."

"The Right Man Puts You On A Pedestal."

"The Right Man Doesn't Give a Shit About His Ex."

"When He Says He's 'Sorting Things Out' It's Guy-Speak for I'm A Wishy-Washy Loser Who Will Turn Into A Selfish Muthafucka."

I have more ... but I'm holding back.

CUT HIM LOOSE.
THROW HIM BACK.
Place an ad on eharmony with this tagline: All respondents must have balls and spines.

Mama en Fuego said...

"When He Says He's 'Sorting Things Out' It's Guy-Speak for I'm A Wishy-Washy Loser Who Will Turn Into A Selfish Muthafucka."

*snort* *snort* *roflmao* *snort* *snort*

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha


okay, I'm done....


*snort*

*snort*

Just telling it like it is said...

I would also recomend reading..."he's just not that into you"...men are a of a different bread...I swear...just remember you deserve the best...and you should never settle for 2nd best...Men will do just about anything to get what they truly want...trust me..lord knows I have had enough practice...

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Me: (getting irritated that he still hasn't told me what HE wants) So, what is it that you want?
NG: I am just going to do what I can...
ME: (Bambi, remember "the rules" it's been 12 min and we are supposed to end this after 10..remember, leave him wanting.) Well,
NG: So have you missed me?


RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!

Me: Well, we went out and had a great time.
NG: OH
Me: Hey, listen, I have to get going and finish my grades for school.
NG: WHAT? you are trying to get rid of me?


RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!

Oh man, this guy is b-a-d news.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

I'm trapped in the home office today b/c GC is fingerpainting and I really can't go too far so ... since I finished all my real work ... I'm obsessing over Bambi and NG! (Lucky Bambi!)

New Guy needs to go!
New Guy needs to go!
New Guy needs to go!
New Guy needs to go!
New Guy needs to go!
New Guy needs to go!

Superstar said...

IAI: OMG you are so funny.

here is the thing. He is going to have to PROVE to me that he is "worthy" of dating. How you ask? Well if my use of the rules works I won't have to "dump" him, he will "dump himself". See here is the logic.
He has to call me. I will not be calling him. He has to ask me OUT on a date. Dinner, drinks conversation. He needs to do that 3 days in advance. AHEM. He hasn't done ANYTHING to show me that it is going to happen. SO when he calls me Friday night to "come over" I can say. Sorry, I am not available. End call. No bootie call..nope. Then when the light goes on in his head, OH I need to call inadvance...duh. I am not going to go chasing after this one. However, on a "date (dinner, convo, coffee something not bootie related) We can "get to know one another. He may fleet on his own.

Plus as busy as he is/will be living PT in the EX house with a child (NOT HIS OWN) and the other time at his Aunts house, he is going to have little to no time to make me apriority. Meanwhile I will be dating other men that do want to make me a #1 priority and all.

I feel strangly less emotional about this than you do. LOL ;o) I do know from just hearing it and re-reading it that he is so obviously NOT available to date...FOR WHATEVER reason he wants to say...
as the rules say...
NEXT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dump him

Los said...

I agree with DB - you need a straight answer from this guy. Don't let him have his cake and eat it too - it's not fair to you.

Superstar said...

IAI: LOL
Um OK.

Smokin: Why do you think that the rules "suck azz"? I used to think they were stupid until I read the WHOLE book.

Dirty: no Superstar is EVER on a back burner...I am a SUPERSTAR *whipa*
LOL ;o)

Los: Yeah, he's toast. Sorry NG you didn't make the cut. LOL ;o) My bloggers have spoken!

snowelf said...

Oh I LOVE it!! Are you trying to get rid of me? Hmmm! He only didn't make ANY effort to get in touch with you after three days and now this! Ugh!
Totally let him call you. I smell a rat. Phase him out--he's too connected to his ex to ever commit completely to you.

Love you!
--snow

WanderingGirl said...

Strong work! Another highly recommended book (as much for understanding old breakups as potential future ones) is "It's Called A Breakup Because It's Broken". Written by the same guy who wrote "He's Just Not That Into You" and his wife.

Not that you need either. It's just fun.

Art_Fulldodger said...

Dump his ass. Loser
If she is being a bitch and he is still hanging on to her he's a dumbass.

Cut the cord!

Mama en Fuego said...

Sweetie, EVEN THE GUYS ARE TELLING YOU TO DUMP HIS SORRY ASS. You can't get a more straight forward answer than that.

Delete his number from your phone and if/when he calls act like you have no clue who he is.

Why Pay Retail? said...

I'd love to see you with your vest on upside down! :)