Hellooooo again fellow bloggers. So how are we doing today? I was recently asked how many guys I have dated. ~deer in headlights look in my eyes~ I thought for a moment and then asked a question to the question: "Dated or have been in a committed relationship with."? Is there a difference in most people's mind??? ~talk to self, shite I hope they don't want to know how many I have slept with..NOT THAT I am a slut or anything...just *sigh* nevermind~
I was shocked that some of the people I recently spoke with actually included "dated" and "boyfriend" in the same group. To me a boyfriend, (makes us sound 11 right?) is someone that I have been dating, and we have moved it up to "exclusive" level of our dating. This means to me, (jump in if you disagree) that we {Mr Right Now} and I have been "going out" on "dates" for about 1 month. NOW, Mr Right now VS. Mr F**K buddy are a WHOLE different topic....
~points with index finger to temple, nods head up and down~
OR ARE THEY?!?!?!??!
HMMMMMM
So, with my deer in the headlights look to the original question..."how many people have you been involved with"? I just replied, "Oh I suppose you could say, I have had to break a lot of good eggs for an omlette"...
Then I am thinking(always thinking! DAMN, the voices get so loud when I don't medicate~Vodka anyone?~) while I am driving, have I ever been in a long-term, successful RELATIONSHIP or have I just "dated"?? I am counting 3 long term relationships all breaking my heart, and the last one Jerry, damn near ruined it for the rest of you....~shakes head~
So my question to you all is, what or how do you define the difference??? Is it "dating" boyfriend" "girlfriend" is it, Significant other (so more adult like huh?) How do you all weight in on the subject????
Monday, January 22, 2007
Boyfriend vs. A guy you have Dated
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 4:18 PM

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Dating is dating. You go out, your make out, yada yada yada, no big woop.
Boyfriend/girlfriend is where exclusivity comes into play. And usually, for us consenting adults, s-e-x.
Long-term relationship is just that - a long time. Longer than a month, duh. Definite sex, or lack thereof because it's gone on for waaaay too long :-)
Anyway, s-e-x tends to make the distinctions messier - can you have sex with someone you just date? Shit yeah. You can even, gasp, have sex with someone you just met.
So I think the questions that people should ask(and the correct answers), not that it's anyone's friggin' business, are:
1. How many people have you dated? A shitload. That includes little Billy in Junior High School. Duh.
2. How many long-term relationships? Are you asking me to marry you? Are we getting verrrrrrry serious? Then none of your mf'ing business.
3. How many people have you boinked? ~ shotgun racks ~ Unless it's that's drunken girly conversation where everyone LIES anyway, none of your business.
And the whole concept of fuck buddies or "friends with benefits" is completely off limits.
So is how many times one needs to recharge the batteries for BOB.
Just my 2 cents ...
BTW - shock blogger? I love it!
No, dating does not equal boyfriend/girlfriend. I agree that exclusivity is key here.
Yep, I agree with IAI and Los. Dating is casual, boyfriends are exclusive and usually involve that stupid love thing everyone keeps talking about. ;)
And f-buddies is completely off limits cause they don't count when it comes to relationship history. Don't even mention them. Does it mention that in the Rules anywhere. Just pen it in the book if it doesn't.
--snow
And while we are on the subject--worst question to ask someone--"How are you still single?"
Ugh! Cause I learned not to stay in relationships with losers? :)
--snow, adding her three cents worth.
To me a boyfriend is someone you could marry. I have dated loads of guys, but boyfriends, only 4!
To me it is pretty easy to distinguish.
Let's not get in to how many we have had sex with! LOL
IAI: LOL ;o) S-E-X WHOO HOO! you said SEX!!!!
~bows, thank-you. You are a shock blogger!~
Los: I love how you sum it up in 2 short sentences. ;o) PUUURRRRRRfection!
Snow: OMG YES! "why are you still single?" drives me to the otherside of the moon and back. Why not ask something original like, "Hey so how many losers have you dumped?" ~taps nose, "le see...including you, it wil be ______."
*snort* LOL ;o)
Jen: You are so wise....
DB: "fu*kin is Fu*kin!" LOL ;o)
You kill me. LOL ;o) *snort*
I go with what IAI said. Alot of the answers are just Nunya!
Nunya dam business.
Plus who tells the truth about numbers anyway?
I'm not sure what makes a relationship a boyfriend/girlfriend situation...
Maybe it is like you date loosers...
Nope the boyfriend can be a jack-ass too...
Sorry that is all I got for ya...listen to iai.
One day I went to my boyfriends house, after 6 months, everyone was calling me his girlfriend including him...wow that is how I found out...
rainman people lie? really? seriously?! LOL!
i agree with most of what people said re boyfriends/f-friends.
i have slept with 1 million people. i shit you not.
m
What defines "success" in a long-term relationship? I've been married twice, both ended in divorce, so I wouldn't call either of them successful. In theory, the only successful LTR would be marriage until one of the persons passes away (but that sounds so morbid and/or melodramatic, doesn't it?). If you think of it in those terms, I've *never* had a successful LTR (and I'm 46).
Excuse me while I go slash my wrists, LOL.
Post a Comment