BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 18, 2007

American Idol...DUN DA DA..

I realize that This a show PRODUCED by people who ONLY want to make money. So while there is TRUE and REAL talent out there. Americans like to sit thru people like her (see "sexy girl~self proclaimed~



OR how about this ya hoo that is for the 2nd year in a row wearing som get up to "try" and get noticed???
(Last season he was wearing a State Trooper's uniform.~rolls eyes ~God bless us all if he ever pulls you over...Let's just say his elevator doesn't reach the "top floor"...
So, while I truely watch the "auditions" and laugh I do have some part of me that feels like the school bully. I mean making fun of the blond, no bra and boobies that CLEARLY are hanging to her KNEES!!! That is right, while I LAUGH and mock at them, I still have some compasion left in my heart~ looks around in blackened heart~ Well, maybe. Anyway, my point is this: HOW in the heck do they convince them after Simon (rightfully) tears them down do they still since the "looser" antham at the end? I mean if I went in there and Simon ripped me a new one along with Paula and Randy...WHAT on earth would possess me to "sing another song BADLY"????
While I mute most of it and just watch Simon's face...(entertaining beyond funny) I do catch some of the HORRIFIC song choices and voices. ~puts hands over ears~ What shocks me is that they THINK scratch that..KNOW in thier own minds that they are SINGING PROFESSIONALs.
They had Jewel on and I can not sum it better:
AIC(American Idol Contestant): I'm sorry I am really nervous.
Jewel: What do you think it will be like on stage?
AIC: Well, I just need a drink. I can do it now
~sings worse than before~
[judges all cringe at sound]
Jewel: Hey, performing is about "brining" it EVERYTIME you are on stage.

So here we all go again. Another Year of the "American Idol". Lets just try and remember that 1. it is a produced show and 2. Not all Superstars are "discovered" the same way.

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

I've never seen it - I'm so pathetic.

Los said...

I think I would rather watch grass grow ... in the winter time.

Just telling it like it is said...

Right...what are some people thinking...I mean I only sing in the bathroom (sound better in there)
and what about that Paula...is she drinking during the show...
Cheers who blames her...

Superstar said...

IAI: Check in here for the updates. I just LOVE to HATE this show.

Los: I know, I know you HATE this show with all that is in you. Don't stop reading, I promise I will not post EVERY friggin detail, only brush w/ the funny stuff..K? ;o)

Just: SERIOUSLY!!! Stick to the bathroom and Drunken Karaoke right?!?!?! OH she is not drunk...She is "exhausted". According to Simon, when she is SUPER tierd she gets all fluppie...~looks around~ SHHHH!Actually according to "dirt" she is strung out on pain killers....addicted to the hilt...too many dance moves when she was a "Lakers" girl. ;o)

Nikki said...

I love this show.

Do you see the chick who sang the song like the lion from the Wizard of Oz?

OMG

I kept rewinding it. I would laugh and stop, laugh and stop just because I couldn't figure out if I should be appalled or not LOL

Superstar said...

Nikki: OMG I couldn't talk and damn near PEED my pants when she was on....Simons face....PRICELESS!!!

Then she was trying to give them her posterboard! *snort*
LOL

Mama en Fuego said...

My husband asked me "Who tells these people that they sing good?"

I said, "Their parents, who else??"

jali said...

That blond chick was the worst - OMG. She actually described her look as sexy. OMG - sexy.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Blogger ate my comment last night, bastards.

I asked if it was real -like are the contestants real or is it all a set-up?

I'm so out of the reality TV loop ... althought I do watch America's Next Top Model so I can make fun of the ugly girls and the ever-expanding Tyra Banks.

Hey - we were slaves to Rockstar INXS ... is American Idol like that? Because that was pretty cool.