BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Interview for lessons?


OK while this is not my Guitar...I so want it. LOL ;o) Not that mine isnt "cool" but HOT PINK?!?!?! I am sure as Dirty Birdie will confess...I could so see me strumming away on this Hot little number.
Pink is my "color" of choice, with my pink piks and pink camo strap...(no not strap on Dallas~shakes head~ nevermind~waves hand in shooing motion~ )
OK so I am to the point that I need instruction past the DVD and chord book that I got when I bought my guitar. Since I have the patients of a mice in a maze made of cheese (NOW! I said! I mean why isn't this here yesterday even though I haven't orded it until tomorrow!!!!) Yeah I know. I need to SLOW DOWN...Rome wasn't built in a day....blah blah blah...
BUT INTERVIEW for lessons? WTF?!?!? I have an appointment today to meet with the "group" of teachers that I will be paying to teach me. Now, it's $100 per month and that is 30 min every week with the same instructor, when there are 5 weeks in the month, you don't have to pay extra. I don't know. To me the price sounds good, as I paid for I can't tell you how many drum, and piano lessons, I am firmilar with the costs...BUT INTERVIEW?
Anyone else care to comment?

5 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

Jamorama is a really good online (CBT) resource - you should look into this first. It's like $40, but there are a TON of lessons, and it is really done well. Just type in jamorama in your search engine.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

The only thing I can think of is they want to be sure you're serious and will be a good student?
I dunno ... maybe it's a way for you to interview them?
Regardless, how'd it go - did you pass?

jali said...

I think they're trying to make their services a more valuable commodity.

Dallas DYSfunction said...

I would never think that.... um ok so I would. Isn't there some video game that teaches you guitar?

Superstar said...

Los: I get really frustrated looking at the screen and trying to figure out the danm frets...so I need lessons. Mostly the "fingering the frets" part...(sounds sexual huh?)

IAI: I guess it's a 2 way street and to make sure you know the "policy" about bringing your instrument and the cost and such...Lots of gifted kids playing violins there...LOL ;o)

Jali: I think based on the web page...She's selling more than that! ;o)
*wink* *wink*

Dallas: String instruments are of the hardest to learn...so I am told..There are so many more things I am learning and I have been taking piano/drums since I was 8...so musically, I am there...I just can't get it out on a guitar...KNOCKIN' em dead w/ the piano...just a wee bit harder to move around...ya know?!?!?! LOL ;o)