
Let me start by saying that this is not my car...It does however look like the car that crashed IN FRONT OF me this weekend while I was working.
As many of you all know I drive from bar to bar selling my blinking novelties. So it is not unusual for me to see and witness some crazy drivers (damn drunks) while getting from one bar to the next.
Well, while sitting at a Red light at a major intersection, I keep a close eye on the traffic flow, I look East and west for the cars, and in my rear view.(THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T SIT TOO CLOSE TO THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.) In my case I was holding my space for the cross walk. I notice these headlights behind me and then they moved into the left lane. I kept thinking..Damn he's crusin along... Then it happened, in a blink of an eye the car RAN the red light T-boning a Minivan full of kids. BAMMMMM....HORN BLARING....People swearing.....
I just kept thinking, normally I am heading North on this street. Tonight I was on this street SOUTHBOUND, Normally I would be in the left hand turn lane Northbound. I use the left hand turn lane. (SEE further proof that left hand turns SUCK) Tonight I needed to get gas and so I was at this intersection from a different angle. When they collided, The T-Bone went right into the empty left hand turn lane. I SHOULD have been in that lane. I COULD have been in that lane. So Saturday night could have been Bye bye bambi's car.
Turns out the driver who ran the red light was at a local bar and BEYOND .08 legal limit..I am guesing at least 1.2. The MINIvan family hispanic, had 6 kids and only 3 car seats. (ANGRY BAMBI ABOUT THE KIDS SAFETY) So now...the Boys in blue show up...neither wants a police report as each of them have something to "hide"...My jaw is still on the ground as I SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIT in the turn lane. The drunk guy in the car, takes OFF ON FOOT! The officer, god bless 'em, says" Damn it we have a runner! Don't make me run you down" LOL I am laughing now...ITS FUNNY and well I laugh inapporpriatly when I am REALLY nervous. The cops are asking for statments from the "witnesses" so While officer #1 is playing "catch the jackazz" # 3 and 4 are taking statements and calling for back up. I advised them Breifly and factually what I saw. I told the officer that I needed to get back to work and gave him my card, so they could call if there are further questions from the accident they can get ahold of me. AHEM insurance companies?? Yeah I am guessing that if they only had 3 car seats they don't have insurance. If the guy took off I am sure he only had minimal coverage... so I am sure I will never hear from anyone.
PLEASE folks on this holiday weekend, get a cab or a taxi or call a SOBER friend. So many lives are at stake out there when you drink and drive. The life you effect could be mine!
Monday, July 03, 2006
Stupid drivers...
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 10:53 AM

6 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Seriously! >:( That car seat thing really pisses me off too. Where I live you can borrow car seats for free. I think they should adopt that everywhere.
I'm so glad it wasn't you getting crunched!!
Man, that sucks to have been witness to something like that. I hope the rest of your holiday weekend goes better.
LMAO at Becka - she has said it all.
I was seriously thinking the whole time..."Popes in a Volkswagon" joke. ;p~
I get so angry when I see what I consider "child abuse". Giving these people a ticket and such is not enough. In my view.
Snow: Awwweee thanks. I am glad I wasn't in the accident too!
Jim: I am ALIVE!! whooo hoo!
man...people freak me the fuck out...seriously.
Well first off. Glad you wernt hit by the drunk assmunch.
Second, how dam hard is it to scroung up car seats for your kids? I think they give them away free here also.
Post a Comment