BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We interupt this program...

[aaaaaaaaaaaarerrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh]
My cellular phone......
My trusty stead.....
What is next.....

So as if my life isn't stressful enough..*deep sigh* my phone isn't working. Yeah that is right, the most frustrating part is I can receive calls and can not make them, nor can I access my phone directory in the memory. GREAT! SO even IF I wanted to call someone...I don't know their phone number. LOL ;o) So If you are reading this...I can't call you! I can power it on and off, but can't call anyone...So THANKFULLY I am watching my nieces today and have a land line.

I call up Cingular wireless, thanks to the internet, (Formally AT&T) and they in the past have been LESS than "all that and a bag of chips". So with my past experiences in my front mind...I call the Technical Guru's and explain that I can get calls, just nothing on the key pad will respond. PHEW. It's covered under the warrenty. So I ask the next logical question..."Can I go into a store and exchange it and they send back this POS?" UM no. I have to wait for the "warrenty" department to EXPRESS mail/UPS to my home address and I should have it as early as tomorrow...(for an extra $1.75 on my bill of course). Well OK...Best option I have no other choice. I mean after all they have me by the short and curlies here. This was only after I had to remove the battery, read the serial numbers and then reassemble the phone. NOPE no workie...Then the million questions...Have you had it in extreem heat/cold? (I guess she doesn't know that I live in Phoenix.) have I dropped it in water or exposed it to any liquid (Good lord NO!) So after I passed the "pop" quiz I am advised of the return policy and that my new phone should be here as soon as tomorrow! WHOOO HOOO. Then before she got off I thought, HEY can I get the pink one? I mean after all if you have to send me a new one...why not get the Pink one. "UM NO." Sorry. LOL Hey I tried.

So now, the rest of my day will be filled with kids laughing and disney movies. I just hope that my check is here today. I still haven't got my check from last week. I found out that I will have to wait 14 days if they put a stop payment and reissue. WHAT??? That is the craziest thing I have heard of. I think I need to find a "non government job" the fact that I have to wait 14 days to stop the payment of a check that is OBVIOUSLY lost in the US postal service...is INSANE. I mean don't these people have bills to pay? I bet you $200 that if it were a senator or some big wig that the check would be hand delivered...I see how I rate! I am sure that is because I have done the payroll and I have issued checks and reconcilled...I know that it is a mere stroke of the keyboard...POOF and I could ISSUE a new check...Seriously....

~popping xanex, and chewing a tums~


I knew I should have just gone back to bed this fine morning....Ahhhh life. Isn't it grand???

16 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Just telling it like it is said...

AHHH (pulling out my hair for you)...I think I would die..DIE if I did not have my cell phone...it it is like permently attached to my ear...so getting a new one would be really hard...
speaking of which I really need to order a new phone myself..I mean now that I have found my dream apartment I might be able to afford a new phone..wish me luck with the powers against me...
sorry feeling for ya..amy

Mama en Fuego said...

I left my cell phone at home today on accident...Oooops. I used to be a virtual warehouse of phone numbers and information. Thanks to cell phones, I can't remember shit.

Art_Fulldodger said...

You need a Back up Sim Card and phone. Sim card = Memory chip that stores all your phone numbers.
go to the local phone store and have them copy your Sim card and then buy a back up phone for just such emergencies. Ebay has cheapo phones for like 20 bucks + shipping.

My phone was gone for a week without a replacement once. Talk about a bitch!

Los said...

I'm actually getting a new cell phone today - I switched services from Nextel to Cingular. Nextel was fun once, with the direct connect feature, but most of my friends no longer have it. Plus, the coverage of Nextel is pathetic. Additionally, they wouldn't let my wife and I combine our plans. Oh, and through my work, I get great deals on Cingular ... I just hope I dont' have the same problems you have had!

Anonymous said...

Who cares?

I'm still waiting for the pic of you in my t-shirt.

I'm on pins and needles over here.

Mama en Fuego said...

LOL Stevo...good to see you have your priorities.

Superstar said...

Smokin: I know...I know... I promised you the pic... MY BAD. It's all Becka's fault. She was supposed to take a pic of me...so we can post it! LOL ;o) I would take a pic and e-mail it via my phone IF IT WOULD WORK!!!! ;o) So you should care. That maybe the only way we get this pic taken!

Rain: I have the smart chip...I won't lose any #'s. I just have ZERO access to them while the phone is freaking out...

Just: Thank you...One of us HAS to keep her hair...so stop pulling your out!

Los: I used to have AT&T and just LOVED them. I honestly was one of the last to convert to the "cingular" family. I just didn't have very good service in the past and was not looking forward to calling about the phone.;o( SO this actually was a very awesome experience in comparison.

I have learned a lesson,to keep all my numbers written down so that I can access them when the electronic world lets me down.

~searching for antiquated address book~

Superstar said...

Hey Becka...doesn't CM look like Christian??? I found some pics from our Whoring days...LOL ;o)

Yoda said...

Well, that's the reason I store my phone numbers on my SIM card, and not my phone. The SIM card essentially is your "network" storage with your phone company. If you store it to phone memory instead, you're left high and dry when your phone goes bust!

mollymcmo said...

ahhhh, sorry hon!
sometimes life is just better viewed and experienced in bed.

m

Nikki said...

GAH!

My previous cell phone went kaflooey on me like that 3! times.

I have Verizon (can you hear me now) and they were great.

Christina_the_wench said...

When did we become slaves to our cell phones? If I realize that I left home without it, I start to shake and try to determine if I have time to go back for it before the next call comes in. I mean, what the hell would happen if I got a flat tire and no way to call someone to rescue me?!?! Or worse, what if a Domino's pizza needed ordering? The horror of it all....

Superstar said...

Yoda: I have a SIM card...It went FLABLOY on me!!!
Nikki: 3 times...[stomping around and looking for address book again]
Wench: Well It is my ONLY phone. I gave up a land line as I am NEVER home! In fact my landlord noticed that I am home A LOT and was wondering if I won the lotto! LOL ;o) SURE!
Molly: See! you get me! ;o)

snowelf said...

I agree. I would seriously combust without my cell phone. It's like a religion for me. It get twitchy without it.

I had Nextel too,(through my old job) and they totally screwed me over when my phone broke. I will hate them for the rest of my life. So yea, they suck.

I have T-Mobile now. My phone is not great, but their customer service and cell phone plan is 100% deserving of that JD Powers award. (I have nothing against any other cell phone company, though--only anti-Nextel--I hope Sprint destroys them someday.)

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»