
Bloggers, I have to share with you EVERYTHING that is going on in my world. Today being NO different from any other day, I want to tell you about the Karaoke. I have shared that I am in search of a new career and that I am VERY single looking for Mr. Right. Today I share with you a hobbie that has now become a job. Yes, I have been asked to hostess Karaoke at a local gay bar. Now, I am not, nor am I even remotely gay, but I LOVE my gay men. I honestly adore each and every one of them! They always greet me warmly, kiss me, and give me giant BIG hugs. (Secretly they like my rack. I know, I am not totally blonde!) Anyway, I hosted my very own show at another bar where I learned how to run the amp and board to assure that everyone sound FABULOUS!! (there is more than handing the mic to you to sing...)
I couldn't beleive the crowd and I was AMAZED how many people are all out and about on a Monday night. While I was there learning which red colored plug goes into which port (sounds kinda sexy huh?) I was taking notes. Now, I didn't go to this bar alone, as in PHX we currently have this serial killer and a seial rapist loose. I finagled JT to go with me. What was I thinking???!?!?!?
BAWAAHHHHHHAAAA
I have never seen ANYONE in my life so afraid for thier manhood as I did JT the other night. I finally looked at him and said, "either get a couple of drinks on board, or I will get a ride from one of my boys." I gave him the look I give, The " you are embarassing me" one....Finally realizing that EVERY man in there was NOT looking to violate him, he relaxed and had a few (4) drinks. After that, had such a great time. I LOVE hosting in a gay bar.
I am however a bit concerned as I didn't expect to get hit on by the ladies...Well, ok so I use that term lightly. The Lesbians. Now, I don't mind saying when I think a women looks after herself and is attractive. I just want to be clear that I am not interested in other women as a mate. Threesome isn't horrible (OOPS story for another day...I will say that is when I developed the philosphy, "I will try ALMOST anything TWICE".~ahem~ )ANYWAY back to the current story...I just again want to be clear that I love the male dumb stick.
So here I am hosting Karaoke in a gay bar...What was I thinking...How am I going to hook up w/ Mr. Right(or Mr. Right now), when I am surrounded by Mens looking for the same thing??? LOL ;o) Bambi si so very silly....Water please (wink*)
MY Phone arrived as promised today!!! I did discover that my phone SIM card didn't have Sh*t on it...Apperntly what ever when the damn thing craped out and went CRAZY it runied the memory...Here we go w/ getting all new numbers and tracking down the names and numbers of all my friends...Good lord! What a pain. Now it is back to explaining to everyone WHAT happened....Jesh!
~looking for that address book again~
Smooches and I will see you all tomorrow!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Something New...
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 2:57 PM

8 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Did you actually have the stuff saved to your SIM card, or was it saved to your phone? I have mine saved to my phone, so that I can have different ringtones for different people. My son keeps telling me that I'm going to regret that option someday.
As far as retrieving old numbers, try your last cell phone bill. Then you just have to figure out whose number belongs to whom.
Congrats on the new job!
I hope you have a blast!
Do you get to sell your blinky thingies?
I LOVE karaoke! I have a karaoke machine in my basement, and a bunch of karaoke cds - we haven't had a karaoke night in quite a while, though.
I bet gay guys sing better than drunken straight guys.
So when are we loyal stalkers, er, readers going to get to hear you? Hmmm??? (raises eyebrow) I think you better look into some audio for this thing, missy. *taps foot*
This new gay bar job thing ought to keep us entertained for quite awhile. Did you see how excited Kev got?
I have been a Karaoke jock before at college parties. It is easy money.
I have also DJ'ed for gay events. Actually, it was for a transsexual party. But I do believe many of them were gay. Again, it is easy money.
This is why I would take a gig with nothing but gay people despite me being incredibly heterosexual.
1- It is my finding that a group of gay men or women are much more open and free with dancing than straight people. They don't care. They just dance. That makes it easier for me to entertain them.
2- Their money is as green as anyone elses.
Basically, if you make money, it's a good event. And I don't care what you are on my dance floor, as long as you dance. It's that simple.
KEVIN: I accept yopur assistance w/ any straight men! ;o) I know normally there are mixed crowds, but this was an all GAY MALE bar. The bad thing was there were more bitches than men...if you know what I mean?!?!?!? LOL ;o)
JIM: NOPE I saved it all to the POS phone and not the SIM...so I did it all wrong...Whatever. I like to know who is calling and if I take it or not...I don't always wanna talk to my mother...
Nikki: Blinkies are being sold! Gay men LOVE the blinking lights!
Smokin: I am really pleased with the software of the computer. I have always been a disc snob as computers in the past was considered pirocy.(sp) Anyway I like how you program the songs and singer. It allows you to build your song list and put the name so they appear on the screen. It really almost is a crime that I would get paid to move the mics fro person to person...LOL ;o) More to it.
Dance music is a must for the gays. THEY LOVE their 80's and hip hop dancin'. ;o) If I don't have too many I do a dance set between rotations. ;o) Keeps it all fresh!
Wench: I am working the soundbyte angle. I am hoping to have enough money to cut my Christmas album....
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment