I found this article on MSN.com dating and personals today. I had to share. I agree with some and not with others... here is the list and my take on it...
Reason #1: You have a better body.( I do??? I consider my body a work in progress and am AWAYS trying to make it look my best. .I don't get "comfy" in a relationship. I actually lose weight when I am involved...I have no idea why.)
Reason #2: You’re more likely to achieve great things. (WHAT??? I will? HOW?)
Reason #3: You do less housework. (These people obvioulsy have not seen my house)
Reason #4: You can do what you want with your money. (I have less money to do anything with...but no I thankfully don't have to explain WHY I bought a new shade of pink lip color or why I bought the newest CD )
Reason #5: You have better sex. (Having sex would be better than NOT having it...so when does this feature start for me??)
Reason #6: You’re better rested and smarter. ( I toss and turn thinking there is something missing in my life and this makes me better rested??)
Reason #7: You’re less depressed. (~POPS a zanex~ Bed of roses here! No I feel GREAT...OH this is why my sex drive is so low! Silly me)
Reason #8: You have better friendships. (This I agree with. I have time to go do things with other people and bonding time. I don't have to "consult" when WE will be available just ME)
Reason #9: Your travel tales are enviable. (Traveling with Bambi is ALWAYS an adventure...Single or taken! HA HA HA HA)
Reason #10: You know yourself. ( I had better send myself a note on this...I have no clue in life right now. I have so many traits that I am evaluating and looking at...Do I want to iprove this or that...Do I want to change a behavior or a way of doing something? LOts of soul searching...)
There are days that I am so happy to be "free" and single. There are days that I so desperately miss having a person to share my life and his with that my heart aches. There are days that I think WHY would I have such a burning passion to have and raise kids to only be disappointed by failed relationships. What choices can I change for future dating to be sure that I don't make the same mistakes. I think I am able to do that. I also think that since I am a hopeless romantic that I fall prey to the "idea" of being in love than being in love with my partner/boyfriend.
This leads me to seek within myself the truth. Did I really Love Jerry, Jeff or Tim? Or was I so thirsty for water that I drank the sand??? I honestly at the time I was with each of the that THEY were the ONE. I was WHOLE heartily in LOVE with them. Looking back I am not sure if I gave away my heart and I have nothing left to give or if I was drinking the sand.
Self truth is hard. Holding the mirror up and seeing yourself. TRUELY seeing yourself in all the good, bad and UGLY...HARD work.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
The good, bad and the UGLY...
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 2:00 PM

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Apparently they have not lived with "Mister Guy" I had more house work, I was miserable,I never had sex?? what yes I know it is a shocker to me too. I tried...
But then again,"computer guy" makes me laugh, cooks for me and cleans up, I am thinking of having sex with him...hey he says he is up for it when I am ready...Yes!!! score...I guess it depends on the guy your with...
it IS hardwork...but honesty...you'll grow from it. You will...
I loved how open this post was...
#1. I did have a better body before I met my hubby. Probably because I went to the gym everymorning and I ate healthy instead of letting him drag me back into bed and eating like crap.
#2. Negative, I'm a loner by nature. When I'm single I become reclusive.
#3. Ain't that the truth, and MY UNDIES always made it into the basket.
#4. I still do what I want with my money, I have my account, he has his. (Although I do occassionally hide receipts, what he doesn't know won't kill me.)
#5. HAH! I call major bullshit. I didn't have sex when I was single.
#6. I actually sleep better when I'm with someone because I feel safer. And um, I'm smarter anyway, even he knows that ;)
#7. Once again, I call BULLSHIT. Being single for me was like having a missing piece.
#8. SO TRUE, it is so much easier to go out with the girls and spend a whole weekend with a girlfriend when you don't have a hubby wanting your time. Not to mention that with Tony's schedule, weekends become sacred when we can have a whole one together and not very many of my gf understand or appreciate that.
#9. The only traveling I did was with Bambi and MEMORABLE is putting our adventures mildly. I have traveled a lot with Tony but we don't get into trouble the way Bambi and I did.
#10. I know myself either way, I learned that after my divorce. Knowing yourself is the first step to finding what you really want.
Don't be too hard on yourself sugar, you were witness to my own acts of drinking the sand. Keep your chin up, he's out there!
Well, is drinking the sand better or worse than drinking the Kool-Aid?
Hmmm.....
;-]
(P.S. You're still the only person who is linked to my site!!! Thanks!!!)
I'll answer these as someone in a relationship...
#1. Even though I started losing weight before I met her, I am thinner now than before I met her.
#2. I think I'm going to achieve more in the future with her around.
#3. She reminds me when stuff needs to be done, so I do wind up doing more than before.
#4. Yeah, this one is tough. I was never careful with money in my single days.
#5. Just my personal experience. I'm having the best of my life now.
#6 Sleeping next to someone means I wake up more in the night because I get disturbed by the person tossing and turning. But I make up for it.
#7 No, I was too depressed while being single. That was the problem at the time.
#8 My friendships are the same, though I wish I saw everyone more.
#9 Yeah, I had a few travel tales from my single days that I miss.
#10 You're always finding out new stuff about yourself. I don't think this one applies.
I know you've heard it before, but you will find that someone when you aren't looking for that someone. If you try and find him, you'll probably end up finding a snake (not that kind of snake! get your mind out of the gutter!).
Ban all mirrors. That's my way of livin'. Yeehaw!
Just: No sex and you had to clean?? I would have demanded a refund!
Kevin: Thanks...sometimes you just have to be "raw"
Stevo: YOur taken! LOL ;o) JK I know my Prince is out there somewhere....
Becka: Didn't some of these make you just giggle?
CM: YEP!!!
Jim: No I really like a good "dirt" sammy....LOL ;o)
Smokin: Seems like this lady (Soni right?) makes you MORE than you were....MORE than you could ever be alone??? ;o)
Los: Thanks man.*sniff* *sniff*
Wench: Well, I think you should be passing on how you landed Mr Prince Charming.....
~moves the mirror away from the edge!
Okay, I saw this too. I am kinda more anti-relationship at the moment. (It's okay, it will pass.)
#1. Better body? I do have a better body. I lost almost 50 pounds when I left him. I look totally normal now instead of a seacow.
#2. Achieving great things? I am acheiving great things even though it feels like it's taking FOREVER. ;)
#3. Less cleaning? Um, not so much... this article must not be for single mommies.
#4. I am dead serious that no one besides me will ever be in charge of my money again and I will never have more than I can afford on my own. Ever. So hell yea.
#5. Sex. Yea...if I was having it, it would probably last more than 30 seconds. And no, I am not kidding.
#6. Better rested and smarter...I doubt it. I was always smart...but I am wiser. And I do not sleep well because I worry about everything I have to get done and rehash too much of my past that I need to let go of, then beat myself up for not letting go of it already...
#7. I am definitely NOT depressed.
#8. Better friendships? Absolutely. I have the freedom to be friends with people and that has lead to some priceless friendships. And no one tells me who I can and cannot flirt with. That's always a plus. :)
#9. I have never taken a trip with anyone. :( I will when I am working for sure.
#10. I know myself way too well now. I am an overanalyzer to begin with.
And Super, you're one cool chicka. So, think of a guy like dessert...you don't NEED it, it's just nice to have.
love ya!!
Post a Comment