Last week I left you all hanging on the rejection and negotiations of my nieces. I wanted to continue from my thoughts on the the rejection and turn to the "buyers remorse" in my opinon part Duex of the rejection story...After I posted my wheels started turning on all the "acceptances" and offers that I had in the past and often time choosing between them...And of course the Buyers remorse when it wasn't "all that and a bag of chips".
I will start with the job/career buyers remorse. I am sure it has happened to almost everyone at one time or another. We accept a job that we are SO excited about only to find out that the title "Executive Administrator" was the equivilant to picking up dog poop in the back yard. OH they made it sound so fabulous when you interviewed...I am sure it sounded like this:
Boss: So do you have any questions about this job?
Me: Yes, Why is the position open?
Boss: The previous assistant was looking for _____________ and found it with _______ company.
Me: How long has this opportunity been open?
Boss: Well, we have been interviewing for 3 weeks now and just haven't nailed down the right person til we met you. (flattering...but this(should be) is a red flag...)
Me: That is great! I am pleased to accept your offer. When will it be available in writting?
Boss: Oh we are a small company and we don't really need any formal letters...You have my word. (famous last words).
OK so now that I am wiser to this bull pucky...I also realized WHY the opening was "really" open!
I like to refer to this stage as "the honeymoon is over" phase in your employment. The part they didn't tell you about...The Office assistant that eats all your chocolates and complains about being FAT!! DUH Stop eating all the chocolate you moooo cow!!! The "small details" that were combined under "other tasks as assigned". ~Mummbles swear words as I pick up the monkey poop~
Now for the dating, buyers remorse. I opted to start dating a guy friend of mine that I have known for 6 years. He has been in LOVE over me for the last 4 that I am aware of. He really is a nice guy. The problem already? He is TOO nice. I discussed the dating with him, the fact that I am not sure that I am capable of LOVING him at the same level, he obviously is at in his feeling for me. (These issues are going to take years at a shrinks office to figure out..) I am already having buyers remorse. WHY? He is wanting to spend every waking hour that he is not working at my place or doing something. "so you want to go to the movies?" "do you want to get a drink after work?" ARRRGGGHHHHH Sure, do you want to give me some time to myself??? Good lord!!! I LIKE the guy, but I am never going to fall in LOVE with him if he keeps this smothering up. I am not even sure that I want to date anyone right now...I am just really confused and maybe I just need some space to figure it out. He is already talking about 3 months from now and Christmas and Who is going to be where and when. I feel as though I was "beamed" into an alternate universe and I am living as someone who had made other choices...very sureal to me. ~I would like the blue pill now Morphius~
When you date someone, you don't want to come on too strong or be TOO available right? I want to give him and me a chance to make it work. After all he has been a GOOD friend for many years. When I have needed a shoulder he would let me vent or cry with no guilt or verbal "would have, should have, could haves'" speeches. However, he is already becoming too "dependant" on what I am doing in my life, in my day...Maybe I just tried to jump back on the dating horse with the wrong guy. Is there such a thing as dating someone for the wrong reasons? Wrong time???..I think this is buyers remorse?!?!?!
OK SO most of you are already thing, This isn't just about the shoes I bought two days ago and WAS IN LOVE with and HATE now 48 hours later. It is about making emotional choices in a rational world.
I accepted this and now I get to pay for it..Why do I feel like I sold my soul to the devil????
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Buyers remorse....
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 9:06 PM

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I agree about not too strong, but "not too available" sounds almost like game-playing to me. I don't get into that when it comes to relationships (or potential relationships). I lay all my cards out on the table; if it works out, cool; if not, then at least I have a clean conscience.
My dating strategy is: I have no strategy. I don't date for dating's sake; I date to see if someone has potential/compatibility for marriage. But that's just me; I don't mean to tell anyone else how they should do things. To each, his/her own.
I feel you!
I had serious buyer's remorse after sleeping with my previous boyfriend and I stuck it out with him much longer than I should have. The sex was LOUSY and he was waaaay too needy. He was a very nice guy and I felt pretty bad when I broke up, but I'm so f***ing happy now with my current guy "A" I look at the previous dude as "the BIG mistake".
Did you start dating him just because yuo wanted someone around and he was right there waiting? Just wondering.
*zippin' my big trap shut*
Bambi, you found yourself a leg-hugger... you poor girl.
And the really sad thing is that he would be the perfect guy for some poor super needy girl. You're just not that girl.
I can't deal with a smotherer. It's passive agressive controlling and I just can't handle that kind of relationship.
I would talk to him and talk to him and if he's listening, but still isn't Hearing what you are saying, use that for your break off. Just tell him that he isn't respecting what you are telling him and if he can't respect the little things, like giving you some space, how can you trust him to respect any of the big things when it comes to a relationship with you?
hugs(not your leg, of course!) and good luck chicka!!
"Why do I feel like I sold my soul to the devil????"
Umm, is it 'coz of the $100,000 sitting in your savings account now? :-P Hehe.
Sorry, I'm a little insensitive today. My 2c about the guy? Grab him and make him read this post. He'll know what to do next!
No testicles? Dayummmm.... Might need those later, Bambi!
yeah-if he has no balls, then do you WANT to be hanging with the homey?
(heart!)
Jim: I hear you on NOT dating just to date. Normally, I wink and the guy pursues...Not after 4 years of "being just friends"...THIS one is special...*sigh*
CM: Be a jerk or play the a-hole game??? Good luck..I have flat out told him that I like to be w/ a guy that isn't afraid of grabbing me by the arm and landing a big smooch right on me. I like to know that I am more than a recording device w/ ears. ; o) Still needs help in the "get his game on" department.
Jali: A thank you! I think you KNOW my pain right now!
Smokin: NO WAY did I date him just to have someone around...He is always around...That is the problem..TOOO available..He doesn't have any friends and life outside of involving mine...I am his "best friend"
Dirty: I asked her for them back and she told me that he didn't come with any...LOL ;o)
Snow: LOL ;o) Leg hugger! I am so stealing that. I agree on the passive aggressive side.
Wench: I have, um I mean I know from a medical standpoint that you don't need balls to have SEX. ;o) ROFLMAO!!!! bAWAAHHHHHHHAAA
~d: honey you make me laugh!
All in all I am not physically attracted to him and that is where I am having the struggle. My sister asked me if it was the weight...I have dated guys that were MUCH heavier..But I guess in a way it is a vainity issue...I don't know...Let see how the next week is without me around!
All I can say is Thank God I'm married now and he doesn't have my phone number. All I wanna know is how many times he called you while you were out of town...
Post a Comment