
I was given an award by my dear blogging friend Rev. Smokin Steve yesterday.
I look at this pic and wonder so many things. Was I a well mannered baby, did I have a happy disposition? Did I cry alot? Did I suck my thumb?
Once I opened Pandora's box and began wondering all that I was, and all that my parents HOPED for me...I started thinking more about how all of us affect each others lives and where would I bee today if I hadn't met "so and so" and What if I had picked the Yellow one and not the green one? Is there a master plan? If so whos' is it? For that matter WHY do I prefer one color over another. I love yellow and I love Pink? Why? Why don't I love Black or purple?
I think that basicly we are all influenced in so many ways. In my child hood I had the dawn of MTV and Atari-pong. Today, my nieces have cell phones, blackberries, cars that talk to us and call in to a customer service center,, computers in our homes, cars and work. WHOA. A talking car. Who would have thought that it was possible? (DAVID HASSELHOFF in Knight rider). Superman, Spiderman, Electra, and Batman. Who would have thought that so many "superheros" Would have come to life in the new century?
What happened to a time when people would cook dinner and talk about their day and it not involve a computer, cell phone, TV, or worry ab out being interupted by a work call because we are available 24/7 ???
These are the things that make me go HMMMMM today.

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:
These are the reasons I'm insane. snicker
you have a good point. It takes A LOT of effort to get our family together even for dinner. He works late, I work late, fussy baby, extra homework for my daughter - that doesn't even take into account all the stuff you listed.
It's hard.
Nikki: I think it is all the extra time on my hands. I am so used to working 80-90 hours a week that only working 30 is creating this crative spark...well..SHHH these voices in my head are getting so loud! LOL ;o)
I do think about just removing the TV from my home. Then I realize dakota would have nothing to listen and watch all day while Im at work! ;o) (she HATEs it when I leave it on a channel of talk shows.)
What the hell is wrong with you? You don't like black? Dear god. Black hides my fat beautifully and it accentuates the rack as well. Two big pluses.
Now I am rethinking life and what it all means. Thank you very frickin' much.
wait a minute, just wait a minute how come so and so get's a picture of your rack and we your adoring audience do not get one?...
It's not fair...I'm telling you it's not fair...
You did have a rather large baby cranium. I am impressed.
That was a great blog...
All I can say is hear hear!!!
Superstar, I don't allow the TV on when I'm at home alone with the kids.
I hate that damn thing. Don't get me wrong, there are shows I like to watch, but Lauren would walk in and turn it on and there was no communication or time using her mind in better ways - she was a TV junkie. It doesn't come on now until hubby gets home from work.
Christina: I wear WAY too much black! LOL ;o) Trust me...my thighs need all the help they can get!
Nikki: When I think about it...I am a slave to TIVO now. ;o) I have to say I LOve FFW the commercials. I can watch 13 programs in 4 hours... ;o)\
Just: Everyone will be seeing the posting...when I get the pic taken. ;o)
No favorites here
~closes e-mail to Smokin~
Okay then I do not feel as bad...
I'm so glad you stopped by my house since now I have a new spot here to hang out in.
You head is not big. I on the other hand don't even try on hats anymore - people's stares are just too rude.(when the hat sits on top of my head, scared I'm gonna try to force it people just seem to want to watch - like a trainwreck or something)
Post a Comment