Well, I survived my birthday. ~Waves hands and rolls eyes~
So on my "special day" I actually started on Saturday night at midnight. WHOOO HOOO!!!! I worked the weekend with the glow business, then had some cocktails. Last night Sunday, I was up at the bar "the Tilten Kilt". Since it is a good 30 min drive, I invited New Fish to be my DD. So all good plans? Sure! Here is how it REALLY went.
Sunday morning, the phone rings. Grandma singing "Happy Birthday" then promptly into a whole dialogue about my Mother. See, Mom called on Saturday, the day before, to "break" the "news" to me. Then after 40 min of not talking about anything other than the weather, Mom tells me that she is in "active rejection". This means 1-2 years and she is not eligible to be put on the donor list again. Nothing about "Happy Birthday" nothing. *sigh* Understandable, really. Grim Reaper and all. So back to Grandma's call. See, she is a good old fashioned Southern Baptist and I thought the Catholics had the corner on the guilt trip.
So after 20 min of crying and listening to my poor Grandma's rhetoric, I then with in the hour had my Mom on the phone. More crying. It has been 7 years that her life was extended. It's not like, we didn't know this day would come. I mean we all hope. Silly selfish me to want just ONE day to celebrate LIFE!!! JUST ONE DAY! Clearly too much to ask for.
SOOOOO to try and forget about all the bad things in my families life, I went to get a message from the school. *sigh* That was THE best gift I EVER gave myself.
I text New Fish, that I wanted to leave by 845. So while sending it I half expected that he would not be able to go. He never really committed, I accepted the "I will see if I can make arrangements." So, when he text me that he had a sick 4 year old to take care of, I wasn't shocked. No DD so I was on my own. I still managed to have an ok time. Good friends, shooting the breeze. ~shrugs shoulders~
When do I get to have a real Birthday? When? Every year I look at all that I have and thank for my blessings. Then I look to all the disappointments and *sigh* What more? I mean, what more should I have to deal with on MY one day?
LOL
You know, people, I am firm that having any kind of a celebration is stupid. NO way did I feel special or that it was a day that I should be celebrated. How sad is it that the HIGHLIGHT was all your love, e-mails and support.
~shakes head~
That is so cyber-sad. Thanks to all you for your Birthday wishes. You all RAWK!
~blows kisses~


14 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Baby, I'll get you any shoes you want.
Happy late birthday!
How's the guitar coming?
We love you too gorgeous!
I missed the drunk texting!!!
You should make up for some lost time!
I have never been a fan of b-days, I think they are overrated.
Happy b'day all over again :-)
Never mind the guy, I'm glad you had a great time breezing out ;-)
Steve: Not many men would buy me shoes...especially after seeing my shoe closet (yes I have a seperate closet JUST for shoes...)
I accept.
*grrrrr*
Baby, baby, baby!
Jen: *gasps* I so should have drunken text you! OMG...I must put you in my subconscious!
OH
OH
OH!
Wisdomstuff: LOL ;o) I vow not to have one again! Deal!
~Waves magic wand~
*poof*
Yoda: NEXT!
That is the only verb that fits.
NEXT!
movin' on!
NEXT!
Hey, I busted out with Safari browser so I can view your blog. I missed yoru birthday!? Damn,
happy birthday.
I've herad of the Tilted Kilt but I've never been. I'm off to your post, below.
HUGS
tc
Now that's what I'm talking about! I collect hammers. I have a whole closet of them.
Do you know anyone that wants to buy a boat?
Happy belated bday :)
i don't really celebrate big anymore as the whole hassle of getting a babysitter and making all the arrangements sucks.
give me a cake, especially with ice cream, let me have a bath for 30min by myself and i'm happy lol!!
sorry about your mom, what was it that she had transplanted and how come they can't put her on another wait list?
m
My birthdays ALWAYS suck, too. You know what we do here? We started doing something for my birthday the day before or the day after - to shake of the jinx!
I, too, have a closet just for shoes, my little Imelda Marcos friend!!!
Sorry about your Mom, I wish there was something I could do from Calcutta. Free hit on someone? :-)
I think there should be some government-mandated program that gives designated drivers out for people's birthdays ... how cool would that be?
Hang in there, Superstar.
No honey your life is Romantic Comedy, you just haven't found the lead man yet.
;)
LBB: It offers the smokers the "psydo" indoor smoking with the out door patio. They have great food...A wee bit over priced for potatoes...But who am I???
Steve: I have no idea why you would tell me about your hammers...Unless you are a sociopath...LOL ;o)
Molly: She has Rhuemetory arthritus and it is the rare strain that attacks the internal organs including the whole muscle and pain. She had a lung transplant, left side. A 17 yr old was killed in a trageic accident, giving her life for these last 7+ years.
thank you.
She has battled the cancer inaddition...medically she wouldn't survive another...
IAI: Fly out and we can go shoe shopping. They always fit! *giggles*
That would be so much fun!
I can always use one to take out Mr. Wrong!
~tips back Xantini~
Los: Thanks! I agree. That is a great idea. too bad we don't live in a socialistic country! *giggles*
JK
Mama: HA
HA
HA
You funny lady.
You make Bambi laugh, HA HA!
~rolls eyes~
Post a Comment