Chances are just that. Sometimes they work out and sometims they dont.
My post for Monday got me thinking about the times in my life that people came into it, seaminly just at the right time or that I was put into anothers life for the same reason.
Let me run some of what I think maybe chances that lead me down this "Road less traveled by"
Meeting Mama en Fuego Had she never honked my horn, I wouldn't have been there for her when Rob passed away. She would not have been my "wing" man on the many ladies nights we thought would last forever. I would not have and had a best friend that I consider as close as a sister today. Plus who elses is going to sit on my front porch yelling at the "damn whipper snappers"!!! Had she not honked my horn, I wouldn't even be blogging today. OOHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHH....Scarey!!!!
Meeting my "brother from another Mother". Christopher had a posting on an internet dating site and had I not sent him an e-mail and my clever wit and charm, I would not have rediscovered my love and passion for music. I would not have met my ex room mate, of 4 years or ex boyfriend Jerry who greatly influenced my life. Jerry AKA Back up drunk guy we call him BUDDYG) Who has the successful Karaoke shows.
Meeting Chachi. Chachi and I dated for a short time, but remained great friends. He and I also knew each other from the staffing/HR industry. So, w/out him I would not have been blssed with one contract after another to which I left to become a teacher.
Meeting the Golds. Had I not been fired from the Mom and pop show I call HELL in staffing, I wouldn not have started my own "book" of business that allowed me to spend more time traveling to see my sick mother before and after her lung transplant.
Chances are not fate, but is fate real? Who did you not say you were sorry to, or say excuse me to in the supermarket isle, that could be your future SOMETHING????? Was it your future boyfriend/girlfriend? Your future best friend? Is it chance or fate? Is there a master planner? Are we all like the marbles in the movie Men in Black?
Bloggers? What are your thoughts on this???
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Chances are...
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 2:55 PM

17 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I met my wife on a blind date ... my college roommate moved up to Philly and started dating a girl ... her roommate ended up becoming my wife ... small world, right?
All I can say is we all are at any moment given choices, what we do with those choices and how we choose can create a fate for us.
The moral being be careful what you choose.
Great thoughtful post bambi.
tc
You know I am going to have that song in my head for the rest of the day ... cause I wear a silly grin, the moment you come into view ... drats.
I'm a huge believer in fate. Some, but not all things happen for a reason.
thanks Paul, now I do!!
tc
I think that everything happens for a reason. Good and bad...there is some lesson, person or power behind it and it is up to us to see, recognize and learn from it.
I once met one of the loves of my life by going to a carnival with friends as a teenager. What made it weird was that she HATED carnivals because her dad took her to them and it was something they did together and he died while she was still young, so she never went back to one. But my friend forced her to go one time and boom, we clicked and dated throughout high school. So sometimes, fate works in your favor, but sometimes it works against you. examples a plenty.
I agree that choices cause a differing fate for each of us. If I choose one thing, that will affect another.
i try not to worry about fate, because if i do i can't stop. i'll get all obsessive about it.
about me and Lisa meeting being a "fateful" event, we just wondered how we didn't me years earlier.
Sometimes I think about the "what if" factor...but try not to dwell.
Things happen because they just happen sometimes. Sometimes is good, sometimes it's bad, and sometimes regardless of whether it was good or bad, it was meant to happen.
Los: That is so sweet! I mean it's really awesome. Think if she had selected a different location or her job had been at another city...spooky
Top Cat: AHHHH Choices. Here is the thing. I once heard a saying, "money doesn't buy happiness, it BUYS CHOICES"...
Paul: Thank you for that timeless classic...Of course at first, I was thinking, Dave Matthews doesn't say that line...LOL ;D (Im blonde forgive me!)
Mike M: Then why do bad things happen at all? If you don't beleive??? Why can't it just all be Great and happiness???
Not that I haven't learned from my less than perfect moments...but really?? Why such pain and sorrow??
Jenny! Well said.
Flash: She was just getting you ready for Ms. Perfect, not Ms Right now. ;D
BTW did that carnival have clowns?? Cuz clown FREAK me out!
Desiree: Welcome! Glad to have you here. So...you believe in fate???
Mini: Welcome to my life as a Libra. OH YES...I am obsessed about saving the world, while just the act of baking a cake makes me weep since I have so much and starving kids don't have anything!
LOL ;o)
Nikki: I am a HUGE what if-er person. ;D
If the tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it still make noise????
HMMMMMM
it's the old fork in the road choice. Or if I choose to do drugs you wind up in places that put you in danger or if I choose bad friends it can lead me down another path..and so on.
Haven't I told you not to spit out your soy milk into a napkin bambi?
lol
tc
Top Cat has been lurkin at Dan's place! *giggles* OK the milk is fine it was the cookies that I couldn't choke down!
Fork in the road? The road less traveled by...so many choices...
Super, I believe that people DO come into our life right when we need them. Sometimes they need us just as much. :)
--snow
I started to comment but realized I need a series of posts to answer this one ... it's in the ol' IAI blog.
Wish I'd stayed when he asked... Bridges of Madison County kills me.
Very true, it is weird how you random ly meet people who are such major parts of your life...
I met my friend JY on a dating website and we dated but decided friends would be better!
My best friend was my neighbor in the dorm room in college
but they are just a few
Post a Comment