BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 01, 2006

Cranium Crunch

So many topics to cover today I just had to bring on the "crunch" time. I just can't get over how time really has flown and here we are at SEPTEMBER 1st!!! 29 more days until my Birthday (15 until Dirty Birdy turns the BIG 3-0! WHOOO HOOO).

Labor day weekend...AHHHH next week will be kids back in school, the white shoes put to the back of the closet. (Unless you live in Sun City, where they violate every fashion policy in the book...MOO MOO driving .Ms's Ropers, on thier golf cart, which BTW is painted like a PURPLE tiger w/ eyes and racing strips to match..YA!) This weekend is the last hurahhhhh for so many parents and kids alike. I remember days of the lake cabin, water skiing, boating, and of course skinny dipping to the full harvest moon (not my own ;o/) So have a great weekend and be safe everyone. Get a designated driver if you are drinking. PLEASE if you are on the lake in a boat, get a DD for that too! I know way too many that have been hurt or worse, KILLED due to drinking and operating a boat!!!

JACKAZZZ of the week... I have chosen the chipping CRICKET. My dog Dakota is in a close 2nd place, but ultimately the cricket and it's damn chirpping won out. The Cricket is located SOMEWHERE in my house. SHUT UP!!! just MAKE it stop. I swear it's a form of tourture...like water dripping. Chineese philosphy states that finding Crickets are good luck....UM NOT when they are chirpping and keeping Bambi from her valued beauty sleep. I had to be up at 430am this morning so from 10pm last night until I could fall asleep I had to listen to the chirpping of the cricket..hard to believe that something that SMALL could create such a BIG sound. So WHEN I find you Mr. KEEP me awake all night Cricket, you will be sent to where you came from...Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!

Job Quest...While I have loved working in the HR world and consulting, I also feel the need to move into a different career. This involves the idea of going back to school. I have toured several schools and am looking at the cosmotology program, this would be 1600 hours of school (11 m onth program) and then a state board exam to "practice" and provide my services. Mostly, This scares the holy heck out of me. WHY? Well, last time I was in college was when I was a teen and graduated just after my 21st birthday (I did a full year of college in my Senior year of HS...Cuz I am sort of smart...) OK so, I remember working graveyard shifts and sleeping on the fly, here and there to get through college back then. TODAY, I am now WAY older and need to find a job that will accomodate my FT school schedule, and my sleep, sad but I need at least 5-6 hours a night now! While I have a thriving business I also would like the added security of the "taxable" income for the government/financial aid purposes. What is the problem? Well, lets look at them 1. funding, I need about $15K for school plus $1500 a month for living expenses for a year. 2. finding a job that will accomodate my school schedule to suppliment the $1500 a month household budget and 3. I am scared sh*tless of going to school and not liking my new choosen profession/career. I say that because, while I have a BA, it had nothing to do w/ my choosen professions. I chuckle that I have one, since it has little to do with HR.

Dating...****While I have a new "interest" I am not sure how well it will fit my needs. He lives in Vegas and I live here. I am trying to decide if I even want to date anyone seriously or just date casually.***** [[[I actually have several new intrest, just Mr. Las Vegas, is an example of my gift for "impossible" relationships]]]] I have been considering the dating sites again. (GOD I hate surfing thru all the JACKAZZES that can be so MEAN!) I looked into the service "just lunch" and are you sitting down? It is $2000 and they have NO guarentee for success. WHAT? OH and you have to pay it up front. Meanwhile, Ms Sales pitch is telling you how successful SHE is at 'hooking' people up and being SO worth it. OMG that really kills me. $2K for Lunch? BAWWAAAHHHHHH

11 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

Please don't tell me your new interest is that "Bigfoot" guy?

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Double Los. Double that.
And why do I have the song "Beauty School Dropout" in my head?

Superstar said...

Los: HA! That is funny! BUT, What would be so horrible about that if it was???

IAI: I know...Beleive me! I want to work w/ dermatologists and Plastic surgeons..I think.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

OH GOD. BAMBI'S DATING BIGFOOT.
that's a porn title in the making.

Superstar said...

IAI: Now that is funny! I have to admit..."bambi does Bigfoot JUNGLE love" BAWAAHHHHHAAAA!!! Dating does not equal sex! LOL ;o) "intrest" doesn't = relationship...Sex or anything else!

I actually am the queen of "impossible relationships" I go for guys that are out of town...worse out of state. ~shakes head~ I think that is part of the appeal. Have HIM elsewhere so I can have my singleness...no, seriously, I KNOW that an interacial "relationship" would NEVER work for me...I have been there, done that and fot the debit to match! ;o)

Jim McKee said...

First of all... my sister went to cosmetology school, and worked in beauty salons for several years. She eventually stopped because she didn't want to be exposed to all those chemicals (perms, colorings, etc). You need to ask yourself how you feel about those chemicals, too.

Next, as far as relationships go, give up that hot-as-hell Arizona and move to Michigan, I can fix you up with a really good guy who thinks you're a hottie. (wink)

Superstar said...

Jim: As appealing an offer as that, I have to ask you, "does it still snow in MI?" I don't have to shovel sunshine here in my HOT as Hell state! ;o)
~ goes back to scooping sandbags for the flash flood WARNING~

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

"I don't have to shovel sunshine." I'm so stealing that line for all the obnoxious Yankee family members who keep telling me to move back up there. So stealing it ...

jali said...

Oooh - He's a cutie from Vegas! (I don't actually talk like that, I'm just in the mood)

Have a ball!

Superstar said...

IAI: My pleasure! Take it and use it! It shuts my granmother up faster than the preacher on a saturday morning!

Jali: I know, isn't Mr Big foot is a hunky man! 6'4'' and all teddy bear! That pic of him is not really a good one...

Nikki: Yeah, Yeah, I know...I will do it on Sunday or Monday. Actually it is a great filler for me on those days when I don't feel like being a "creative writer"
"Just you wait my pretty! I'm goin' to get you and your LITTLE dog too!" he he he hehe eh

Superstar said...

LBB: LOL :o) It sucks to get into HR and it requires "sucking" it up or as you refer to it as "the mosh pit" and once you get into HR you will have a hard time getting out.

There are days that I feel like I joined a cult or married the mob...LOL ;o)

HR is FAR from "easy". It is dealing with some pretty F'd up stuff.

Let me give you some examples of one of my "easier" days. I had a female employee slap the bottom of another in the lunchroom full of other employee's. (Plenty of witneess and a zero tolerance Sexual harassment policy..easy? Right? WRONG) Not only is there a no harassment policy but a no "violence in the work place" clause.
Another employee came to my office for a visit and DEMANDED that another "stinks" and is in violation to the dress code. While the "victim of smelling bad" came to me and said the other employee who accuses her of "smelling" verbally assulted her and wants to know the company policy about defimation of character...

Still think it's easy??? How about firing someone because the "client" wants to. No real reason like employee theft or attendance...nope, sky is blue and this is a right to work state so let 'em go....

I am leaning more to the desire for the facials and micro-derm treatments and work in a clinical enviornment. I am also looking at dub-teaching again too....HR SUCKS big donkey doo doo!

I have made really good money, I just am at a point that I need something that fills me in otherways besides, side stepping legal HR. OH, HR is also supposed to be the employee's "friend" LOL ;o) NO win...then there are benefits, Unemployment claims, ADA, affermitaveaction, the list is endless and mind sucking on the energy. ;)

If after all this, I highly recommend Univ of PHXfor your PHR. ;/