BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pet theme week...



In keeping with my "pet" theme this week I found this article about "doggy daycare". http://dogcentral.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=875438&GT1=8529

Now I really didn't mean for this week to be all about pets and forgive me if I would rather talk about my dog than men...I know many of you are thinking, "hey, aren't they the same?" But NO not all dogs are "men" and not all "men are DOGS!!!!" (I do have a fish named Sparky too) Besides in all fairness, I have not met one person man, women, gay or straight that didn't think, "Men are dogs". I don't know that I can agree, besides never meeting a man that can love me "unconditionally" like a dog, nor have a I met a man that can out fart my dog....LOL ;O) And PLEASE don't get me started on the fact that dogs and lick there own hoo haaa!!! ~shivers~LOL ;o)

So back to this doggy daycare. I read through the article and I felt that it provided some good information if you are considering this option for your "child" aka pet dog. Reading the article i thought, wow this is similar to having a child go to a daycare or school. Here is why:

1. All dogs need to have thier shot record. Kids require thier shot records for school.

2. All dogs must be able to pass a socialization test to assure that they can get along with other dogs. Kids must be potty trained and have an extra outfit to go to preschool.

3. Dogs must have a "pre-packed" lunch and snacks for while they are at daycare. Kids bring either a lunch or provide the snack for the class. (We used to have milk and graham crackers.)

4. Parents/owners need to allow enough time to drop off and pick up the child/pet before and after work.

5. Pets can partake in long exersise in the yard or private walks. Kids who attend "all day" kindergarden will get 2 recess breaks. and a "bonus" recess at the end of the day.

OK So when I got to the part of the article that described the pet geting "pet massages" I swear I threw up in my mouth a bit. For crying out loud, we have nothing better to spend our money on than a pet message? I totally understand if it was a pet that was injured and needed rehab...but...because the "dog ate my shoes"???

~looks around and steps onto soap box~

Obviously there is a "demand" for this kind of service or there would not be so many places that would provide it. I turn to my liberals and my republicans alike and ask...We have money (disposable income) to spend on our pets and we can't even get our armed forces off AFDC?? We (I am speaking of Americans in general) can spend BILLIONS on a movie and not have the money to assist a FEDERAL DISASTER area? What is wrong with us? WE are fighting in a war, for people that HATE us, to provide "democracy" and "freedom". Maybe I am too literal, and think that our govenment has become too blind to see the "truth". Back in the day when I studied "social studies" or "government" We were taught that "justice is blind"...UM DID the whole system loose thier eyes too???

~steps off soap box~

12 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Art_Fulldodger said...

Doggie day care has to be some West coast Cali thing. No one in the real world (East Coast) would even think about taking their mutt to day care.

Guys dont care if you call them dogs, just dont call them late for dinner or sex. And yes in that order.

Superstar said...

1. food, 2. sex, 3. sleep...
Yes I hear that that covers the "males basic needs"...LOL ;o)
I am "guessing" in that order? LOL ;o)

Just telling it like it is said...

Yep I think that about rapps it up...food..lots of sex...sweaty sex...swing fromt the ceiling fan sex...okay...i have been watching way to much "Nip and Tuck"..for give me..

C... said...

Rights, freedoms, justice and helping others are not pre-requisites for each other. I may have the right to and the income to help but I have the freedom to choose and it does not mean I am blind. I just choose to turn the other cheek especially if I know no matter how much I help it is only lining the crooked peoples pockets and never making it to the people that need. Power to the preppy pups and their massages amd daycare spoiling. I don't want somebody telling me how to spend my money.

Superstar said...

C- YES! Thank you for commenting on the political part!
OK I see what you are saying, but let me pose thiss question for you. What do you think all of out IRS tax dollars are paying? Who make the choice of which "programs" and government organizations will get "funding"?? Do you still think that you REALLY have a choice about WHERE you are spending ALL of your money..not just your disposable income?

I don't feel that I get to CHOOSE who gets which government aid and WHOM doesn't. If so NONE of the illegal aliens would get medical aid for FREE while I have to pay an over priced BC/BS plan that doesn't cover any of my preventiitve needs, only my EMERGENT needs, ie ER SUGERY....
I vote and I vote yet I still think that we (all Americans) are getting the shaft.

Anonymous said...

In my single days, when I had to travel without the dog, I used to drop him off at The Pet Spa or The Pet Resort (my own names to differentiate between the two). The Resort was fantastic, he got his own kennel and run with piped-in music and two nature walks (30 min a pop). The "spa" was just a house with crazy ladies who let the dogs have their own TV room. Regardless, the whole point was the dog was well-taken care of and I could have peace of mind when I had to leave. But just FYI, I never paid for the extra perks like massage or "cuddle time" or that other weird shit. I just wanted some shelter, food, exercise and comfort for the guy ...

On the political angle, don't get me started.

Mama en Fuego said...

People who spend insane amounts of money on their dogs have a issues, I don't care how nice they are.

The other day on a news program they had matching owner pet outfits...UM WTF?!?!? What is wrong with people???

C: noone's telling you how to spend your money but if you'd rather spend your money on a dog massage than a care package for US Troops, that to me is symptomatic of the apathetic world we live in today.

Juz sayin'

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

When I was doing army, two dogs were at it. TWO MALE DOGS... very curious eh.

Los said...

Doggie daycare is absolutely ridiculous. I have a coworker who takes her dog there, and she gets upset when her doggie does not get doggie of the week honors. Doggie massage parlors, doggie amusement parks ... what's next?

Mama en Fuego said...

Red Hot - that's just gross and weird. The question is how long did you guys watch before you pulled them apart?

snowelf said...

Super, I just saw a Will and Grace where they were talking about taking their dog to doggie daycare...

I agree that people can choose to spend their money anyway they want, but I'd rather stick any "doggie day care" dollars I might have towards education. This country is pathetic. I swear, when I am flithy rich, I am sponsering/financially managing a school district. I'm all for Bill and Miranda Gates's clean up education plan.

--snow, borrowing Super's soapbox

Flash said...

At the Petco in my neighborhood, they actually have a "Pet Hotel", complete with shampoo and massage services...

I'm sorry, I've seen my cat massage himself many times...

There recently was a newspaper story about this women, who had no job and got a small pension from the government, but had like 4 cats. She had healthcare for all of them, but not for herself.

Sometimes the owner becomes the animal.