Click below to sing along:
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/frere.htm
Where is Bambi?
Where is Bambi?
Teaching school....
Teaching school....
That is right. I am teaching K-8 Music for awhile. I GUESS the way this sub-teaching thing works is that you work at the school you sub at until they find a teacher, you ask for another school or hire you. I had to jump through a few hoops to re-new my teaching certificate and state board clearences...But, I am back in the saddle.
I have to say that I am a HUGE fan of the grades 6-12 but agreed to K-8 simply for the variety. The challenge? They have not had a "real" music teacher since last May. I find that troubling, as I used all of my "emergency" lesson plans on day one. PHEWWWWW Glad I did some reasearch to find those ideas!
Now I don't know WHO did the scheduloing of the day, but for some reason, they have me teaching 5th graders then Kindergarden then 3rd graders...Talk about either kicks and giggles, or shell shock...I mean I go from talkinga bout J.S. Bach to "the wheels of the bus" in 1.5 min. LOL ;o)
I promise I will be better next week about posting. I will become an afternoonposter, sorry to all my morning readers. This week was scrambling to put together lesson plans for 8 grades and gathering the music. I have a real love hate relationship with cleaning up other peoples crap. I love the challenge of getting the "machine" running smooth. Then again I HATE walking into a shit storm. I LOVE the praise I get when it all comes together. I HATE how long it takes to "get it done"...
The fun part is that I have a piano to play and the kids really enjoy it! So along with my practicing my finger techniques on the guitar I am re-newing my ability to play the harder piano pieces.
The Bambi on the bus goes
Up and down
Up and down
The Bambi on the bus goes
Up and down
Up and down
All through the town!
Friday, September 15, 2006
Where is Bambi?
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 10:34 AM

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Wow! That's great! I'm very impressed - you never mentioned the teaching prowess on your Cranium Crunch "what should bambi be when she grows up!"
The IAI is IMPRESSED!
I've actually been thinking about getting my teaching certificate to warp some HS minds ... imagine that? I'd definitely pack heat in those classrooms!
IAI: ~takes a bow~ I impressed IAI!!!!! I don't know about calcutta, BUT here in AZ we are PROHIBITTED from packing, on school grounds. (deep sigh)SUCKS BIG green cheesey donkey balls. Seriously glad I know my "gang" colors and all.
Some of the HS have metal detectors...Very creepy. Full wands for students and TEACHERS!! I am glad I didn't bother to renew my concealed weapons permit. LOL ;o)
I know I didn't mention it cuz the PAY SUCKS donkey balls. Can you beleive that I only make $85 a day for 9 hours of WORK??? Some districts only pay $70!!! NO wonder no one wants to teach! I mean there are no benefits, unless I get hired. No paid holidays or "snow" days.
Right now the nice thing is if I don't like the school or the district, I can call my company and ask for another assignment. ;O)
I am also very lucky that I am in a school that is "uniforms" only. ;o)
All you need in AZ is a BA/BS to qualify for an "emergency" license or substitute. They both are state regulated and I am sure vary from state to state.
OHHHH I could see you "warping" kids! LOL ;o)
It's a shame that schools don't give enough attention to art and music (and gym for that matter) anymore. Those were my favorite subjects, and they help to mold the creative mind.
LOS: OH yeah, did I mention that I don't "grade" any of them? I don't even get to give them a "pass" or "fail". That blows. I mean I might as well sign the kid up for soft ball and not keep score. No wonder so many of our youth/teeny whores have not idea of "consequences" for thier actions. No one "loses"??? WTF??? Learn to DEAL with disappointment. We all did.
*sigh*
~steps off soapbox~
Dude, when you smuggle a gun while wearing a bikini, you can get one in a classroom full of thugs. Just sayin'.
IAI: UMMMMM...Do you teach a class on that? Jus' sayin' I would need some assistance in that area...Oh I would need help running in stelletos too! Anything over an inch and I am a flubbering maniac!...OH well, then again, I normally only run when being chased too. The treadmill and I have a very close agreement. I don't run and it doesn't THROW me off! Yet I still can do a 4 1/2 min mile. ;o)Thank GOD for my eliptical.
LOL >;o)
C'grats! Bambi. You are a woman of steel for having the paitence for large groups of kids. ;)
--snow
I promise I am not ignoring you.
I've just been going to a read blogs every few days schedule rather than every day.
I'm still here, I promise.
I have to agree with a lot of other posters here. Schools are set on teaching the standards and not focusing on the arts that really mold a mind.
I'm always glad I had the chance to go to an arts centered high school and college. I wouldn't be as successful as I am today if I had focused on math and science...actually I'd be a dork.
Flash
I can't believe that teachers are the worst paid of the lot. This system sucks!
Bambi, I never knew that you could play the piano, and teach music as well!
Way to go!
Post a Comment