BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Skeletons need to go...

I spent the better part of the weekend working. Between grading papers, the Glow business and my nanny duties (I PT nanny for a NFL football player and his wife) I wouldn't think that I would have any time what so ever to have a pity party about being single.

Now don't get me wrong. I wake up everyday so HAPPY that I am out of the HORRIBLE room mate cycle and away from the horrible man that I "dated" (more like a a"booty call" dated than anything, which is a whole tiger of another story. I will save that story for another time.) Lets just say, when I moved out I hired 3 movers, my sister, and me. By the time I had 1/2 my stuff out in 20 min, I had to involve the services of 1 Phoenix police officer.

OK so there I was sitting on my sofa watching all my TV from the preimer week that I had TIVO'd! I should be in BLISS! Popcorn (check) M&M's (Check) 44oz water(check)...I watched, Grey's Anatomy, Law and Order (all 3), Criminal Minds, The Unit, Numb3rs, CLose to home and Ghost Whisperer. While I should have been happy as a clam at high tide, I suddenly just started balling my eyes out. [what is wrong w/ the hormones? This is NOT PMS week and I swear I am NOT prego! That would require a date with a human..not the ole stand by B.O.B.] OK so what in the hell? ~self talking, "knock it off you big baby, what the hell is wrong w/ you?!"~

Well, let me tell y'all! I suddenly had a flash of my life. Here I am in the prime of my life and ready to have another birthday (on Saturday the 30th) and I can not shake the feeling that I have accomplished NOTHING of what I thought I would by now. My single/dating life is pathetic and then I started thinking, "When was the last time I went out on a date?" [further dispair starts in] A real date where the guy asks you out and you say "yes". He picks you up/meets you there. He pulls out a chair and might even take the liberty of asking to order for you. AHHH a glass of wine, a good conversation. Oh yeah how do you date when you are having a career crisis and feel lke some 2 bit looser/gold digger. Now I am crying even harder as I am feeling ridiculous as to the destination of my thoughts and life.

See, my take on my life so far is that, by now, I thought I would have been married, to a loving and caring man, who enjoyes being my friend and my lover. (is that even a tangable relationship?). I would have at least 1-2 children and involved in the PTA putting together bake sales and selling girl scout cookies or something. (MY face is burning, cuz This is where IAI is slapping me and telling me to "SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!" "Do not, I repeat do not sell those DAMN COOKIES!!!")

Is it so crazy that while I have accomplished SO much, that I am feeling so disappointed? I see my friends that once were my "single" girlz to "hang" with now, married, kids and PTA. I have acheived many of anyone's idea of life goals and aspirations. YET, I feel that I have failed somehow. Yes, I have jumped out of planes,(If you ever do, you will be saying, I swear it's not a "perfectly good aircraft") bungi jumped and even scaled 80 foot cliffs, rock climbing(with equipment of course). I have traveled to Alaska, Mexico (more times to count) and most of the western States. DID I really live? Sure! Do I regret my "wild" times and flights? HELL NO. I do regret not finding the "right guy" to do all the crazy adventures I have had.

I tried talking to my sister about it. She proved to be a little help. Not for a lack of trying. SHe really is one of my best friends. It's just, she has everything, that I want. She's married, kids, PT job, house, dog...you know what I mean. She says, "think of all that you have" and continues, "be thankful of everything you have, and not what you don't". OK just once in a while I wish she would just say, " I am sorry you feel so Sucky! An who do you want me to kick in the ball sack"? LOL HUGS FROM ME...Then I started thinking well I am only mad, because she is right. ( I hate to be wrong about ANYTHING. I suck at saying I was wrong). I should be thankful that I have my own place,(away from Abusersand users) that I have a car(so I can drive to work and not have to walk), 3 jobs and a hot meal(even if I have no time for me).

While I say I am "open" to dating, I don't think I am ready. I am attracked to "impossible" relationships. Love intrests that live far away. Yet how can I get to "there" I mean more importantly where is "there"? ALl the people around me keep saying that you "find" IT when you are not looking. Well, I don't care to FIND anymore loosers. Perhaps I should have a spring cleaning of all these old bones and send the skeletons back to the graveyard where they belong.

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Just telling it like it is said...

Ohhhh my dear...I know exactly what you are feeling...can I just say that...I have been on both side of the tracts...when your single...life is care free...life is sweet, but sometimes you want to have that someone special there...someone you know is always on your side...I have had a baby (smile he is sooo amazing) and a husband(x-thank God I got rid of him)..I was not ready for it all at one time...life is about the journey...(really cheezy I know but true).. is all I can say my dear...I go out on dates with guys(successful, good hardworking community giving back men) and stil and still...sometimes I feel like all they interested in is my juice box...you see my dear...the grass really is not so green on either side...it really is about living each day to the fullest...look at you...your smart, talented...sweet...what else could a woman ask for??? Keep your head up kid...it will happen...or at least that is what I keep telling myself...your worth the world's weight in gold..and hey we have to believe the best right...(off my soap box)...

Los said...

Hang in there Superstar - somebody is going to discover you and your amazing sense of humor, kindness, quirkiness. As Tom Petty sang, The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

mollymcmo said...

ohhh wish i "knew" you and lived closer and i would run right over and give you a hug and we could have a bitch fest together.

you make me laugh cause i can just see IAI saying that about those damn cookies! LOL!

you know everyone has those moments where we think about things that we either don't have/wish we could do differently etc.

i have the kids, ft job, hubby and can i tell you i have these moments too? sometimes i cry or feel sorry for myself cause i feel all i do is work and come home to kids, i rarely go out, many of my friends i've lost touch with over the years as i married before them and had kids before them.

then i hit that cycle too where i get angry with myself for feeling this way cause really i am happy with all that is in my life right now.

anyway, didn't mean to dump on you! just wanted to say i know where you're coming from, but from a bit of a different angle kwim?

(hugs)

m

Mama en Fuego said...

Sissy, you should know by now that *I'm* the one who kicks people in the balls for you. That's *my* job!

I know you are frustrated and believe me there were plenty of times I settled for less than I deserved...hello remember GEORGE, SEAN, KEITH?!?!?!

The simple truth is, I settled for those losers because I wasn't right with myself. I know you are a wonderful person and I know that you deserve the best possible out there, but I don't think you remember that some times. You gotta stick to your guns!

Long distance relationships can work if both parties are equally committed to making it work. Don't give up yet, give him a chance ;)

And I didn't wait for Tony to find me. I was out there lookin', kissing some major toads, waiting for the right one to come along. Was I still blown away when I actually met someone worth dating? Absolutely, but waiting around for Prince Charming to fall in your lap is unrealistic in this day. Just because the results were unexpected doesn't mean I wasn't out there beating the bushes looking for love.

I know there is a Mr. Superstar out there somewhere, searching for his Bambi. We just have to go find the sumbitch and point him in the right direction LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

OK... now you sound like I used to sound (and still occasionally do).

I know this feeling too well. And if there is one thing I do know about this feeling is that it passes. You will feel better soon.

Having someone around will not solve all that you are battling. I'm learning that now. I have someone wonderful in my life, and it has made me realize that there are other things about me that I need to work on that won't just go away now that someone is in my life. It's not a cure all. But I am working on things.

But I think these moments in life where you feel terrible do in some way make you stronger to do the work you need to do. Every emotion you have is a message from your body. If you listen to it, you can learn from it.

And hey, if it helps, if I weren't engaged already and I lived closer to you, I'd call you up and ask you out for some wine. I'd even pull the chair out for you.

And if per chance I would get lucky with you, it would be the best 8 seconds of your life guaranteed!

mollymcmo said...

8 seconds?! lmao! the blinking of my eye lasts longer than that

m

Superstar said...

Just: LOL ;o) I know that the grass isn't always greener! It's just a different shade.

Los: Nice sexy voice BTW. I must say quoting a Tom Petty song is rather ironic! ;o) MOI? QUIRKY??? Now that's funny.

Molly: ~wipes tear away with a tissue.~ I know. I know...Beleive me I feel all dark and twisty for even feeling "sorry" about it. I felt like a big whiner...Yet I think I know BETTER what is going to make me happier from all this.
~Pours another Vodka Soda~
Hell, come on over lets get bloody smashed and play pin the penis on the blow up doll! LOL

Dirty: I don't even have to ask and I know (prego or not) you would KICK the balls sack of any jack azz! ;o)
OMG KEITH! ~shakes head~ OH OH OH OH Slim shaddy!!! BAWAAWWAAHHHHAAA

Rev Smokin: See you get this! I don't miss NOT having someone. I miss BEING with someone and sharing all the good, bad and ugly little moments. I miss having someone to verbally work it out with...you know talk about career, succeses and failures...Right now I would have to say that most of my "venting" is by blogging...Well, I can't always have a rainy day!

Make it at least 20 min and you have a deal! 8 second rides are for bucking bulls not wooing my heart! That reminds me I still owe you one boob pic! LOL ;o)

Yoda said...

Cheer up kiddo! Everyone goes through rough times. With kid, without kid. With hubby, without hubby. There are times when all we can see is what is missing from our lives, skipping over all the good stuff that we do have.

All you know, you might just bump into KISA (knight in shining armor) right around the corner. Be careful not to knock him out though ;-)

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

(MY face is burning, cuz This is where IAI is slapping me and telling me to "SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!" "Do not, I repeat do not sell those DAMN COOKIES!!!")
DAMN F'ING STRAIGHT! GIRL SCOUTS = LITTLE GREEN CULT!

Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I do the EXACT same thing every time a birthday rolls around. The result? My birthdays always suck. I always focus on the regrets and the mistakes and the what-if's and the what-have-I-not-accomplished-yets and you know what? It totally sucks! Sucks cheesy testicles!

Sounds like you need a little persepctive, so here it goes. (Listen up or I will come there via chopper and smack the shit out of you!)

Pretty
Funny
Kind
Successful
Musical
Close friends
Great dog
Great blog
Plays pin the penis
Has a BOB (YEAH! BOB! WOO HOO!)
Not afraid to use BOB (YEAH! BOB!)

And is not stuck in a crappy relationship with a "settle man."

Yo. The odds are stacked in your favor because YOU can pick and choose and because YOU have the upper hand.

You so rule the world right now.

Now, if you hear a 'copter in the vicinity, duck. Not that it'll do you any good. I'll still find you and bitchslap your ass!