BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sometimes...



Sometimes this is just what you need to "cleanse" your system.

Last night was such a night. My Grandma shared a story about when her and my Grandpa started dating and the "proposal". This of course lead to my self deprication of my own, and eternal feeling of "being alone". {gasps} This is my worst fear...Anyway this is the story that lead to my "breakdown"...
~phone call to Gram~


Me: So Gram ho long did you and Grandpa date?
Gram: OHHHH I don't know bambi. I guess it was kind of quick.
Me: So you knew RIGHT away that HE was "the" ONE??
Gram: Oh yes, infact one night we were sitting on the sofa, and I said, Jimmy? what are you thinking? An he said, Well, Ginny, I am thinking, I want to ask you to marry me. Well? Jimmy, are you askin' me or what?
Me: {{{gasps}}} Gram you were kind of coy!
Gram: Yeah, I guess looking back I was!
Me: That is so sweet. You know they don't make men like that today. *sigh*
Gram: Well if they did you would be married by now.
Me:~rolls eyes~ mutters under the breath...always comes back to the getting married thing!

Seriously, despite the *jab* *UGH* isn't that the sweetest story?

14 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Jenny! said...

Your granny is so cute!

Superstar said...

Jenny!: Cute but OH so mean sometimes!

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Just remember, they got married shortly after puberty back in the day ... we're the ones who got to have all the s-e-x :-)

Los said...

It just seems like things happened a lot quicker back then ... and people got married at a much earlier age (late teens, and early 20's). Weird. Great story, though!

Superstar said...

IAI: I am trying to figure out why they were sitting on the sofa. I know they didn't have a TV in 1944?ish...so the radio???
HMMMM
~plugs ears~
PLEAASE!!! My gram once told me that granpa was a generous lover...I nearly fell over from hysteria and shock!!!
~shakes head~
*shivers*


Los: It just seems like the courtship was really short...BTW they were 25ish...fairly "mature" for thier time. ;o)

Yoda said...

Well, I'd say that men like that are still around, but not so sure about women as sweet as your granny!

Christina_the_wench said...

My grandparents got married right before grandpa was deployed to Puerto Rico in WWII. Like a day before he left. They lasted 50+ years. Would be a record these days. ~sighs~

The right one is out there for your susperstar butt! ;)

Mama en Fuego said...

Your gram is getting mild with age.

Superstar said...

yoda: *giggles* Oh don't let that conversation fool you! She is still a force to be reckoned with!

Wenchy: I am not even sure if i will live to 40 let alone married 50! *giggles*

Mama: ~rolls eyes~ Her meds are kickin' in!!!!

Paul Champagne said...

Grannys are the same the world over. I asked mine once why she was so blunt and she told me, "When you get my age, you don't have time to go pussyfooting around things ... best to just have your say."

Mama en Fuego said...

Paul - I'm pretty blunt know, God help the next generation that has to put up with my cranky ass ha ha ha ha

snowelf said...

Too cute!!

My mom told(aka) ordered) my dad to ask her too. They just celebrated their 25th anniversary over the weekend and couldn't be any more disgustingly cute if they tried.
I wonder if there is a lesson here...just boss a man into marriage? hehehe

--snow

Jim McKee said...

Yes, it is... and BTW, yes, they do.

::wink::

Anonymous said...

sweet!:)
tc