The $2 gift
I am sure you are saying to yourself, $2? Really? What can I get for $2? Don’t be so quick to judge. It’s a priceless $2 bill.
See, it’s a well known fact that $2 bills were originally printed as a government “notes” not as a treasury bill, like the $1 and $5’s. Thus, creating an illusion that the $2 was rare and in some cases “out of circulation”. The Urban legend formed that when people got our used them, it was a “lucky” $2 bill. Just like anything, the fad became a common “wives tale’ such as “don’t walk under ladders, it’s bad luck”.
You might hear people exclaim something when they get a $2 bill, such as, “It’s my lucky Two dollar bill” or “It must be my lucky day” when they are the recipient of a $2 bill.
This $2 bill came into my life the same week you did. I couldn’t help but think, “This is my lucky day!” When you look at all the chances and coincides that can happen in life, meeting someone who can so quickly become a friend is rare. Your friendship is priceless and when I think about sharing a fact or slice of my day, I can’t help but think, “Wow, I am so lucky to share it with you.”. So, while $2 may not buy much in the way of fancy cars or expensive dinners, to me, the “lucky” $2 bill brought me you.
Happy Birthday NEW FISH!!
SOOOOOOOoooooo what do y'all think..too sappy?? *giggles*


14 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Growing up, my whole life, I was always led to believe that the $2 bill was going to be worth so much money. For years, my relatives gave me $2 bills in my presents and told me to save it, because one day, each bill would be worth a million billion dollars.
And for years, I held onto them. I had about $240 bucks worth of these...and when I moved to South Dakota, I found they were used in transactions just like the $1 bill. Change for a $5 got me another $2 bill...and I started thinking....can this be real? will I be loaded in years to come because the $2 bill's inflation was a hundred fold? And after talking to a currency expert, I came to learn that it's only an urban myth. So I folded up my $2 bills and deposited them in the bank, turned around and bought my mom a fantastic mothers day gift that year.
To me, that was worth more then anything.
Flash: The gift to your mother right? LOL ;o)
Whoa - $2 bill as in "queer as a $2 bill???"
Does New Fish swim the wrong way or what?
IAI: LOL The phrase is "as queer as a $3 bill"...But no he knows how to swim! *giggles*
OHHHHHh he SO knows how to swim. *sigh*
~fans self~
He is so into me...And I am so hooked, line and sinker it's not even funny.
Super, I think that's so very very sweet. New Fish will love it, not because of what it is, but because of what it means and because it's from you.
I am so, so happy for you.
Huge hugs!!
--snow
You want a "two-ny" from Canada for the next big new fish thing?
Yeah, the one dollar coin is a loon-ey (because there is a loon on it)
Two dollar coin has a polar bear and is lovelingly refered to as a two-ney.
yeah.... We be silly up here!
Hope he liked it.
wow... can you tell I'm fried in the brain dept?
Sorry about the horrific spelling errors Ms. Superstar.
I'll write my lines tomorrow 'k?
When you look at all the chances and coincides that can happen in life, meeting someone who can so quickly become a friend is rare.
I love what you wrote.:)
tc
3 Dollar Billz, y'all!
i have no problem with $2 bills... takes up less space in my wallet.
Snow: I am so dang lucky! Now if we could just get some alone time to GET LUCKY!!!
MM: honey, no worries, after yesterday, I need all the looneys I can get! *giggles* Although, I think I am already there...Let's just say, vodka is my new best friend!
Top Cat: Thank you. I hope to GAWD I didn't read that on a Hallmark card somewhere! Glad to have you in my litter box!
MiniJonB: I know many gamblers who prefer the $2...I really don't know!
The only time I've known a $2 bill to be lucky is when a cashier mistakes it for a $5 bill
Gotta love the dysleksic
When I worked at a bank, we had lots of $2. I don't see them much, though. Weird. People always came in asking for them.
AWW that was sweet
Paul: How in the heck does a cashier mistake the $2 for a $5??? I am nor really getting it...Damn this being blonde...sometimes. Anyway, I guess in a way my $2 GOT me lucky! *giggles*
Los: So, not such a biggie? So did you ever see any "big" money? You know the ones out of circulation? Like the $500 and $1000 bills???
Chirstina: I know. Thank you! I am such a sap!
Post a Comment