BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ever made a bad joke?



So ever giggle at a Helen Keller joke? Well, if you do it in my classroom, you will get the following punishment:

You will have to wear a blindfold rendering you "blind" and earplugs with sound proof headphones, leaving you "deaf" and the only help you get is a sign that says, "I will not make fun of people who can not see and hear."

I also equiped my student (male) with a seeing eye guide (girl in his class). SO lets see if he learns his lesson, or if he ends up with a new girlfriend...*giggles* I guess it could be both!

Is that too mean?

13 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Whoa! Teacher Bambi is mean!!

How do you punish Helen Keller?
Move the furniture around!

That's the only one I remember - have they gotten worse ... or at least funny?

Anonymous said...

Or leave the plunger in the toilet.

Ah, classic.

Christina_the_wench said...

Yeah it is, but I love it.

Jenny! said...

I think thats fantastic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jali said...

I think it's great!

Superstar said...

IAI: It was a sexually inappropriate and blind and deaf..Helen Keller joke. I can't remember as my brain is too full of the 4 page essay I assigned for using the F word.

OH He did a great job and when I have some extra time I will up load the hysterical uses and A+ I gave him.

*sigh*

LBB: *GASPS* ~blinks eyes shut tight~
DAMN!
You! straight to the Principals office...there is NO HOPE for you!

Wenchy: Thank you!

Jenny!
Thanks.

Jali: Thanks...I try to be creative....*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Alright bambi, that's one way to teachl life lessons.
I think it would be great to have sexually active students have to wear a pregnancy suit and then have one of those crying dolls they have to care for..
Have a great weekend.
tc

Flash said...

My teacher did that one day in grade school. We had to wear a blindfold all day to see what it feels like.

I always wished for a week I could be deaf, or blind, or crippled. Because I think if you experience it, you won't mock it.

i congratulate you for that punishment...although, I'd have to admit, I'd do it on purpose just to be able to do that.

Superstar said...

Top Cat: They do the prego suits and dolls in HS. Sadly not all kids make it to 11-12 grade. ;(

I had to get SPECIAL approval to teach the sex ed program we had last year, teaching to abstain...~rolls eyes~ And since one of my 6th graders was prego...I don't think that worked so well!
LOL ;o)

Flash: Yes, my student was EAGER to be blind and deaf. ALTHOUGH, I kept making him wear the glasses and earplugs, he started getting annoyed...OHHHHHHH that was the point. LOOK HE HE HE HE @ everything YOU are missing because of those glasses and earplugs!
DUH!!!
Damn them when they like it!

k.thedoula said...

Have a blind friend... she insists that junkfood surprise is the best game ever...
Blindfold two friends... make your way to vending machines in the Student Union building (whatever building houses munchable things). Insert change and randomly get your snacks for the night. *apparently this sucks if you have a place that insists on bruised apples as an option, when all you want are Doritos!
This was her 'sensitivity training' for friends... snickers. Girl is a hoot. Freaked out the nurses when she was in labour; turing towards them, handing over her IV hand after the hour bolus... etc... I love her! But have yet to try junk food surprise.
Next time you have Helen Keller jokes... perhaps send them to eat without a 'guide' to what is on the menu?
ahem... this is why I don't teach. I come up with cruel and unusual punishments. mwahhh haaa haa.

Paul Champagne said...

Very fair punishment ... and a lesson is learned.

Mama en Fuego said...

I was forced to go to a Montessori school as a child for a brief period and we had two punishments: #1, the friendship handcuffs. In which we were handcuffed to the child with whom we were fighting for the entire day. #2. cussing into the toilet one hundred times when we said a bad word. Oh and one I almost forgot. If we got out of our chairls with out permission we were duct taped to the chair. I shit you not.