BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Housesitting blues



Well, I am roped into it again. I thought that sitting the dogs and house for my sister this time would be different.

BOY WAY I SO WRONGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

First the dogs went ape sh*t,because I arrived Sat morning/Friday night after a crazy night of working in the bars. After none to very little sleep,I awoke at 8am. The dogs were doing a pee-pee dance. Then, I went to Mc Donalds for coffee and a muffin. See, my sister demo'd her kitchen 2 weeks ago. Leaving me w/ no running water except in the bathroom. No sweat. She has her "make-shift" kitchen in her dinning/living room area. So I drank coffee and started my new book, "where the red fern grows".

I finally fell back to sleep for a snoozer on the sofa, when I hear the dogs once again going bazerck over what I think is NOTHING. OH no not NOTHING!!!! It's my sister's, sister in law leaving me a NOTE that they are borrowing one of the cars while my sister is out of town.

THEN as if it can not get worse, the refrigerator/freezer is not cooling. I look and think, OH it's just hotter (110 degrees reacord breaking temps)and I need to turn down the temp so it will be cooler inside. WRONG. It's the compressor.

SO, NOW I am sitting w/ a broken fridge, no running water or place to wash dishes, no fridge or food, leaving only take out $$$$ for an option.
*deep sigh*
So after TRYING to talk to my sister about what options she would like me to take, you know, Save food? Buy dry ice? Call a repairman? Besides that I now have spoiled food and am throing most of it out.(most I got to my apt for the freezer) Since she was so "sugar filled" about it...I believe her words were "There is nothing I can do from here. You handle it."...So, I drove her car to work. ~sticks out tounge~
I will use her gas around and about, since clearly I am the ghandi of sisterhoods. BEANS AND RICE!!! Every time I house sit. I say it. I promise I won't be stuck holding the "bag"....~yells~ "I will never do this again". ~rolls eyes~

YEAH RIGHT!
~smacks forehead w/ hand~
I seriously could have had a V8!

11 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Dan said...

SO, NOW I am sitting w/ a broken fridge, no running water or place to wash dishes, no fridge or food

Your forgot about the barking dogs. Remember, there are also barking dogs! :)

Yikes! I think you need a few hugs ... and bottles of wine! :)

snowelf said...

Ack! What a mess!! At least you aren't stuck having to buy a new fridge and thank goodness it wasn't your food. But still...for crying out loud--it's something EVERY time, isn't it!?

--snow

Thomas said...

Housesitting is only cool if they have digital cable.

Anonymous said...

You are a softie and I know next year around this time you will be doing it again cause that's who you are and I think you deserve special topcat HUGS HUGS HUGS.
tc

jali said...

Karma. Something good is in your future since you're going through this hell today.

I hate to clean out the refrigerator - I hate taking out the trash - you did BOTH - your a good sister.

Jenny! said...

Sounds like a blast...I would like ot join you and a few bottles of wine!

Superstar said...

Dan: I figured it was obvious. LOL ;o) Thanks for the wine! Now, if I could find something to keep it cold! Unless it was a Red!

IAI: I am thinking the evil spirits are AMUCK in my sisters house again!!!
Effing jack a$$es!

Snow: I ended up stopping at the store this AM on the way and using my school's fridge in the teacher lounge! AHHHHH much better.

Thomas: They have satillite, which is complete w/ the Eastern Time zone! SUCKS!

Top Cat: I can always count on you for the hugs!

Jali: HA! HA! If only I blogged about EVERYTHING!!! I do need an award though!!!


Jenny!: It's mine all mine! BTW did you do the 55+ MEMEME?!?!? *giggles*

Los said...

Man, if that isn't a good example of Murphy's Law, I don't know what is. Superstar, next time you are asked to house sit, I hope you know the correct answer ...

Superstar said...

Los: She is family...Blood is thicker than water and I will do it. Cuz honestly, I know someday I will need something.
At least I know my favor bank will be full.

Anonymous said...

WE'LL I'M SURE THEY'VE HELPED YOU OUT BEFORE
YOU PROBABLY USE THEIR COMPUTER AS YOUR PERSONAL ADDRESS SO YOU CAN BLOG.
I'M GUESSING YOU PROBABLY SAVED ABOUT 500 BUCKS OR SO LAST TIME YOUR CAR BROKE DOWN THROUGH THEM...AND I BET THE NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS ...WHICH IT WILL=THEY WILL HELP YOU OUT AGAIN.
DIDN'T THEY TAKE THEIR KIDS TO SEE YOUR MOTHER? WHO HAS CANCER THROUGHOUT HER BODY?
WHAT A BUNCH OF JERKS...ALWAYS THINKING OF THEMSELVES!GOOD THING YOU GOT EVEN AND THEN LIED TO THEM ABOUT IT!
IT'S ALWAYS EVERYBODY'S ELSES FAULT = EVERYONE IS AGAINST ME ....BOOOHOOOO HOOO
IT'S CALLED LIFE ...DEAL WITH IT!!!!GROW UP!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the other annonymous person. It is called life. I am sure your sister planned to annoy you. I know that waking up to dogs when you are dog sitting can be a total pain. And then someone borrowing a car, my god, how can you deal with that! I think in about 10 years you will be on single in the 40's is that is your attitude.