BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Santa? who says I was this naughty?

PHEW! The famdamily is gone back to good ole Spokane. What is it about relatives that visit that make even the most successful feel about 1 inch tall. I was discussing my new Teaching position and of course this a "career change" for me. While talking my Dad's wife (They married 8 years ago so I do in NO way consider her a "step-mother"..whole different post!) say, "OH I am so excited for you. hopefully this will be your niche' and you can finally "settle down".

~Bambi's JAW ON THE FLOOR~

My inside voice has now raised to screaming...the voices couldn't be muffled, even with the 2 glasses of red wine. I just kept thinking, "when is the plane leaving?"

I was able to recover nicely and say, "well, teaching is not that different from HR, and training. I guess I just will have to remember that they WILL become our future. I don't know about you, but I know I will most certainly need one of them to be whipping my azz one day!"

Anyone else ready to send the relatives home before they even get here????



10 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Mama en Fuego said...

You should have replied "You are so right, my next step is to find a married guy to sleep with..."

Just telling it like it is said...

What part about successful , independent,stable, smart, fabulous writter do they not get??...You are an amazing writter and what ever you chose to do with your life wil be good enough...Do not let other peoples ideas of what they think your should be cloud how you see your self...your perfect just as you are...a wonderful aunt and one of the hardest working women I know...

Superstar said...

Just: Well Thank you! I know I was like, "Are you kidding me?" She did not just say that! It came across so, well, like I was living on welfare, single Mom, and our dinner was a tuna helper from the "red cross! Not a Pot Roast, mashed Potatoes, Gravey (from scratch, I might add), salad, jello and the perfect Cab and Pinot reds that I could pick on my "budget"!
~rolls eyes~
Whatever!

Dirty: OMG I guess part of me was thinking...Hey if you wouldn't have been louring my father away...maybe my Mom would still be "healthier" instead of rotting her life away from the internalized anger and heart break of "loosing" my father....BUT...*sigh* I held my mind together! LOL ;o)

There is a reason I live 1500 miles from these negative people...So....here is one of MANY thousands of reasons..."good enough" was never "good enough"....ya know???

Mama en Fuego said...

You want me to kick her in the twat for you?

Pendullum said...

I would have just head overto the liquor cabinet and poured a tumbler full of scotch...(And I don't even drink scotch) Drank it all slammed the glass down and headed for bed...

Lex said...

Gotta love the fam!!!

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

The finger is still itchy ...
I get the same shit here, if misery wants company ...

Los said...

Ooh - Dirty Birdie with a great comeback!!!!

I love that Santa picture - I got that Christmas card from a friend in college once ... I think I still have it.

Superstar said...

Pend: Hey wlecom back! I should have just downed another glass...That would have impressed! LOL ;o)

Los: I know isn't Dirty the bestest? Thank you! I looked at it and couldn't stop laughing! I mean, how bad was the kid that a lump of coal wasn't bad enough?!?!?!

Dirty: Like kicking her in the twat would Phase her?

IAI: I have a ex-hair dresser still over charging peeps in Scottsdale, AZ, Rumors Hair salon, on Indian Bend Rd and Scottsdale Rd...I mean if you really are needing the target practice!
~just sayin~ snickers then LOL ;o)

Just telling it like it is said...

Gravey from scratch...she should think her lucky stars cause if I had to make gravey from scratch it would definately be lumpy with little white clumps of flour that I would try to pass off as the secret ingredent...shesh...what does she exspect...you to have children to fetch her a drink of water, crum snatchers to validate you as a woman...I think not that is why we have boobs...Hello???