BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The "martha Hoo's" of the world

So who remembers Martha WOO from the movie the "Grinch"? We all have a Marth Woo in our workplace. I don't care if it's an office, cubical or a construction site. These are the people that at Christmas time have EVERYTHING to decorate, they have all the PC crap that goes with the whole "make everyone happy" displays. They have all the gaggets to put up all the woo ville decor in rapid time (Martha had the light gun, BTW I TOTALLY want one!) in the movie so she could show up the neighbors...

Well, let me share with you my Martha Woo, here at our grand school yard. Miss Martha Woo shows up on the playground with a flower pot. Innocent enough, then she says:

Martha: We are doing a money tree for Ms Principal and it's $10 (she hand me the pot and pen and with the other hand indicating she wants the $10)

Me:~ I kindly look at her~ Well I tell you what, I will be glad to donate $10 when I have say, a paycheck."

[[side note I have been promised that I will be put on the payroll for the school for the last month...advised that I will not be "officially on" until Jan 8th...whole another post people...Translation I 1. get screwed out of 2 weeks pay for the winter break, and I am getting paid 1/2 my salary on the sub payroll.]]]

Martha:, Well then you can't sign the pot, you know Ms Principal does SOOO much for us and she really makes it good for us" ~stroke the guilt and jab the knief in here~

ME: Excuse me Martha Woo, how about I sign the pot and give you $5? Don't worry as I am working for free and I will be getting SCREWED out of 2 weeks vacation, So I suppose she is REALLY going out of her way...don't you?"

Martha:WHAT??? You haven't....You won't...OH.... well OK....~her hand out expecting me to hand over $5 right there.~

ME: ~pats all body parts~ Yeah Martha Wooo, I must have left it in my other bra...I will bring it to you after lunch (remember we are on the playgound). ~rolls eyes toward the other teacher who are laughing~

So what really grips me...is that 1. Martha doesn't seem the least bit conserned that I am not getting paid, or how would I pay my bills or that I am getting SCREWED out of the 2 weeks of PAID time she will be afforded...and 2. That even in my hardest of times I offer something and I get attitude for only ONLY giving half....????? WTF???

EXCUSE ME??? Am I a grinch for this? NO...HELL NO!!! I am all for giving when I can give and even like the beggar in the bible who gave all she had and it was more than the others...Miss Martha Woo STILL has the gaul to lay on the Catholic guilt????

I have one word...UNBELEIVABLE!!!!

6 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Superstar said...

Christina: BAWAAAHHHAAAAA! right! Ms Martha Wooo!! The "golden Child"...Sure!

Just telling it like it is said...

I say kick her ass too...what the H E double hockey sticks is up her butt...really
excuse me for being chessy but ummm isn't Christmas about spending time with the people that you love and if you are not even getting paid...I think they should give you a pot of 10$ from everyone cause your there for free...don't even get me started about work and screwed..I feel your pain..hell I might kick her ass me self...just because...I'm just saying...
off my soap box...I'm a little over protective of me friends or blog friends anyway...
Cheers and Merry Christmas my clever friend...

Los said...

Superstar - again, I realize why you have this nickname!

SBW in MD said...

Don't kick her ass. That would not be very Christmassy. Shoving the money tree UP her ass would be more in the holiday spirit!


P.S. Take the money off first--you earnedd it!

Flash said...

Did she have a brown ring around the top of her head, because it seems she really jams it up the principals ass!

Nice job in defending your paycheck nonsense. You should of signed the pot, then pretended not to have the cash. It would of been fun to see if she would scratch it off or just leave it. Works either way for you...

Superstar said...

IAI: Well I did the $5 so live and learn...LOL ;o) I know! The list is long yet distinguished! LOL ;o)

Just: I am getting "paid" but 1/2 of what my salary would be...so my bi*ch is that Why should I donate full when every penny I make is to pay rent.....ya know?

Los: HMMM because I am soooo dramatic? or because I tend to sight lines and characters from movies??? LOL ;o) SNNNNNIIIIIIFFFFFFFF~hands from under armpits and ~

Lets Pretend: OH a tree around uranus would be PERFECT!!!!LOL ;o)

Flahs: I should have said, "OHHH why thank you for collecting money so that I can pay my bills on this of all festive Christmas holidaize!" effing scrooge in your BMW!!!