Every year seems to come faster and faster with the swim wear season. I swear it was just yesterday and I was making a list for 2007 about eating healthier and excercising my bootah so that swim season would be...well, WAY less frighting....
*sigh* No such luck.
I look at the unobtainable swimwear models, Sport Illustrated and have nothing left to say, but to Shrug my shoulders ~shrugs shoulders~ I look in the mirror and say, "It's as good as it's going to get, TODAY".
So, I look like Tyra "cow" Banks in a swim suit. SO WHAT!?!?!?!...WHOOOOOOO is really going to see my and my cottage cheese thighs at the pool? By that, I mean, that I really care about? Is Vin (my future ex-husband) going to BE there? UM NO! Is Mr Right NOW going to be there? HELL NO! So why all the fuss?
~looks around~
I have no other rational explination other than, I am Female, woman, and since birth I have been beaten to a anorexic pulp that "beauty" is = to skinny and skinny girls get married, get BMW's and White picket fences. WOW I wish my grandma would wake up and smell the coffee on that "fantacy".....Well here is my pic in a bathingsuit. ~rolls eyes~I don't care that I am chubby in the love handle area...I am ~shakes head back and forth~ Not getting SUCKED into the whole thing about how I look....~grabs bating suit~ Well maybe for awhile I will stick to the one piece and not the tankini! I am able to be "comfy" in my own skin and at the pool. That is the important thing...RIGHT???
Anyone else have to go and buy the dredded Swimwear yet???? Any Favorite shopping stories to share??? Guys have you ~shivers~ been brave enough to go with your wife/girlfirend/both???


19 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Ummm.......YOWZA!!!! What a hottie!
I love bathing suit season!
As a guy, a pair of Board shorts doubles as a swim suit, and most guys have the same one that they had like 7 years ago...
Hold on a sec, I have to check that picture out again............YOWZA!
Comfort is key - and mindset, too. If you feel sexy, you be sexy, yo!
Ever see those skinny girls who are waaaaay too self-conscious to have fun? So not sexy.
Anyway, I'm doing fandamtastic this bathing suit season b/c of Venus Swimwear! Woot woot! If you can get past the skanky suits, their suits are amazing, so long as you're honest with youself. You order it according to your measurements, no size. So, if you get a two-piece, the top and bottom will actually fit!
And by the way - Bambi's got BIG BOOBS!!! :-)
Flash: LOL ;o) Thank you! *blushes*
IAI: Yes, I am a proud invester of the "wonder" bra. Of course when I take it off I do "wonder" what happened! LOL ;o)
I need a lift/tuck! *giggles*
OHHHH I will check it out. I NEVER have found a tankini/2 piece that fits both top and bottom. My sister has the same issue.
Did I get here fast enough??? :)
Look at you sitting there all self-satisfied!
That empty chair? Is it taken? Too bad! It's mine now! HA HA HA!
Can I get one of what you're drinking?
Bambi, I have said it before, you are beautiful! It's only 3,000 miles of geography that keeps me from lusting after you more aggressively. (And I mean that in the nicest possible way.)
Dan: *note he is still panting* ugar, your out of breath! Have a seat. ~waves hand~ Margatini for Dan Please??? *snaps fingers*
Jim: LOL ;o) Oh you devil you!
Lust away! I give you permission! ;o) ~rolls eyes~
Can I get you a cool drink of water?
*smerk*
looks like jim is lonely
nudges dan over so I can sit across from the voluptuous and sexy bambi.
I'm happy you feel good enough about yourself and I don't like those skinny models. When I can count their ribs I get grossed out.
See ya at the pool.:)
tc
IAI - LOVE Venus swim wear. It's great for chicks like me that have a black girl booty. LOL!!!
Oh and Super honey, it's all about the attitude babe. You're a beautiful person. Fuck 'em if they expect you to be someone you're not.
Yup - I got the black girl booty but I small waist - finally I have bottoms that fit!
And I always get the ties on the sides, so YOU control the fit!
Top Cat: LOL ;o) There is a chair right here...no need shoving Dan off his purch! I don't need LULU coming after me...*sigh*
Glad to have you back from the bakini heaven 's of Florida!
Mama: I LOVE this photo of me in this suit. ~rolls eyes~ I guess we should have that lunch and photo shoot of us in the pool??? LOL ;o) OH no...Evidence! he he he he he...
Can you believe that I found my Tankini at Costco of all places?? ~shakes head~ No one more surprised when it FIT my FAT tyra Banks AZZ last year!!! LOL ;o)
*sigh* Much better fit this year! ;o)
IAI: I wouldn't DREAM of ever looking ok enough to wear a bikini I would TIE together...That would be for the "little" people...I am NOT!!! One piece w/ grandma skirt here please? LOL ;o)
Hey, you look happy and content! *or is it the drinks?
I always feel like a fish out of water unless I have a child plastered to some part of me.
I am sadly still wearing the plain black swimsuit I bought when I was pregnant six years ago. I have to say, it looks better when I've got a belly to fill it out.
I envy your confidence.
Super, hun-ee,
You are gorgeous-gorgeous beautiful.
Eat your heart out, boys. :)
--snow
I have that same stupid "top-bottom" ratio issue. I rarely can buy a suit that you have to buy as a "set" cause nothing that fits the top fits the bottom and vice versa.
mm: Welcome! LOL ;o) I feel like Dorthoy in the Wizard of Oz *I am a strong, confident woman* ~clicking heels together~(said 3X..) I love when my nieces are at the pool. They CLING to me and I feel like I can breathe! LOL ;o)
Snow: AHHHH ~wave hand~ Did Mama en Fuego pay you??? LOL ...JK THANK YOU!!!
Did I mention that I am still SINGLE!?!?!?!?!?
No swimming for jali this year.
I know what you mean! But confidence is more important that what you wear....and after a few drinks who cares!
Guys can't even come close to relating to women and that whole bathing suit delema. Cant relate so sorry.
In our book its the closest clean shorts and a t-shirt, next subject.
hmmm should I post that pic of me in my in my Speedo...... nahhh don't want women busting the door down to get to me AGAIN.... :)
Post a Comment