Time.
Such a big word. I can use it as an adjetive describing the "passing" of it. I can use it as a noun, "TIME" sounds so amounous doesn't it???
So why am I talkingabout time?
No it it not the ticking "mommy bot" time bomb in my head. It is more the reflection of...time.
So, I was in the shower getting the stink of bar off of me when this idea hit me like the falling rain. Then again it could have just been the combination of dehydration, lack of sleep and the small fact that I noticed that my shammpoo bottle was half full (half empty if I were a pessimist~swishes hand back and forth~ either way). *deep sigh* Anyway, that is when this whole "time" passing, 1/2 full/empty idea started flooding my brain.
I couldn't help think, "wow" this is going to be a great blog. OK still with me? Hey, I am naked in the shower?? Jesh! I know, I know it's a famil show... OK here we go (fasten your seatblets. here we go!)
So, why is it that the 1/2 of the bottle, gas tank, cooking spray, gallon of milk and a million other measureable items, seem as though the first 1/2 is used up more slowly than the last half? Then before you notice it is almost GONE. Empty. How much alike is life? You wake up one day and realize it is life that you are thinking about, time and life. Why is it that the first half of our lives goes by and we can not WAIT to get to "when we are older" part. How many remember saying, "When I am older", or "I can't wait until I am an adult," Followed by some outlandish statment, say like, "When I am an adult I will eat McDonalds everday". Yeah sure, like I really followed thru with that. ~rolls eyes~
So, the passing of time, the ticking in my head, the whole question of the universe, while taking a shower. What is it about life that we in one moment take so much for granted and the next we are taking out 30 year mortgages? What is it about life that we strive to have? Need? Desire?
~notes to self to get more shampoo~
So, any takers on my whole passing of time? Tick Tock...Tick Tock....
Sunday, March 04, 2007
A Time to reflect
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 12:45 PM

4 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Is that why I get depressed as shit on every birthday?
I always run out of conditioner before shampoo. Wait-maybe its the other way around.
(i holla-d back at you at christina's)
IAI: I am convinced this is the logic that causes you and I to feel crappy at B-day time...the whole.."where am I" vs Where I thought I would be thing.
~shakes head~
Damn I hate it when I get these sobering thoughts...
~searches for xantini glass and shaker~
Isn't it amazing how questions or realizations about time and/or the meaning of life occur at the least expected moments such as taking a shower?
This is a great post and a difficult one to answer.
Rather than try to figure out the answer I think it's important we seize the moments we do have, to be thankful for each day and do our best with that day.
In our busy hectic lives filled with routines it's easy to overlook the simple beauty that is everywhere around us.
I like your thumbnail too.:)
tc
Post a Comment