SO there I was, getting ready for my 3rd date with Chachi. I think that because this was the 3rd date and 4th time we had been out, Chachi felt comfy asking me to "spend the night". I of course being coy, inquired why I would need to "spend the night". He laughed understanding my southern charms, he advised me that we would be going to a friends house and drinking. In the event that we all drink more than we should, they have offered to have us stay over in the guest room. OH! OK that sounds great. I mean, Might as well be a prepared girl scout.
Chachi arrived with time to spare, so I finished getting myself together. ~rolls eyes~ we ladies have so much to think about...for example, Does my undies match the bra. Does it look good crumpled on the floor? Is this the date that I want to see ALL the bells and whistles? (back to the story)
Finally, we are off to the Dinner, wine and pool party. (Oh yeah, you would have thought to mention the "pool" in the invite chachi???) We arrive at the party and I am greeted by our gracious guests. Chachi's friend, best friend, is none other than a prospecting client, Eric, whose business I had been trying to aquire. Eric and Rena, his wife, were good friends of my date. WOW. Now talk about impressing a lady in her wallet! What an impression.
[Here is where I become "too much wine, fun"Bambi. ~shakes head~(A bottle of Merlot later mind you)]
We ate dinner and the other guest had left leaving the four of us to chit chat. Rena and I traded food secrets of working women, while the guys talked about work. This lead to the invitation to the pool. Eric invited us to join them at the community pool and spa. ~Looks at Chaci~ "I would, but I didn't bring a suit". I will come sit and chat.
Another 1/2 a bottle of wine later, y'all I am walking on water. Here is the break down. Some how while Rena and Eric are in the spa/pool, the discussion comes up of HS sports and I proclaim that I am still able to tumble and balance beam was my best event.
(anyone see where this is going?)
So, here I am in white jeans, peach sweater shirt matching bra and undies...MUST match. Walking on the edge that seperates the pool from the sauna. Did just fine until Drunken "fun" Bambi slipped on some water.
*SPLASH*
Now completly drenched, I am taking off wet white jeans, and the drenched peach colored sweater/top.
Talk about making a splash into your dates friends lives!
Thank goodness my bra and panties matched, because it was now my swim suit.
Shortly after that we all headed back to the house, where I had no choice but to put my clothes in the dryer and wait. Since we had to wait, we might as well spend the night!
Happy ending? Sure! Chachi and I sealed the 3rd date, and I got my new client. So, my Donald Trump fans, the golf course isn't the only place we can make a BIG SPLASH in business. Sometimes, all you need is a couple of bottles of wine and a pool/hot tub!


11 Left me pearls of wisdom:
So this was a good date, right? Except for the fact it was with Chachi. What would Joanie say?
I wanted to be chachi! but of course I'd change my name.:)
tc
never underestimate the power of matching bras and panties!
here I am in white jeans, peach sweater shirt matching bra and undies
STOP! Unless you want to help me finish this!!
You're coy! You're kidding right? :)
Talk about making a splash at a party. Not nearly as fun as the Naked Pool party at New years eve.
IAI: Oh yes, good one. GREAT date as far as my dating goes...
Top Cat: Yep, but you are married...LOL ;o)
Christina: Matching is not just incase you are in an accident right?!?!?!?
Dan: FINSIH!
I dare you!
Dirty: WHAT naked pool party on New Years??? We had Naked 4th of July that you missed...I am drawing a blank....
~taps finger to nose with index finger~
how did you get to 3 dates with Chachi in the first place?!? well, at least the story had a happy ending... and images of matching undies
=:-)
You were planning on falling into the pool, weren't you? Don't lie!
Minijonb: "chachi" is a nick name used to "protect" the terminally stupid for not marrying me when he had the chance!
*giggles*
Los: SEE?!?!?! I knew you would see right through my drunken goofy~blonde moments!
*snaps fingers*
Dang-it!
Super, this WAS a good date! :)
I cracked up about the "things girls worry about"
So true!!
--snow
I must agree about the matching bra and panties. There's just something not right with wearing, oh...say a yellow bra with purple panties.
Post a Comment