For me the "luck of the Irish" is clear! I get all next week off from School! WHOOO HOOO! Believe me as a teacher the last eight , 8, ocho, weeks has been fun! I mean who doesn't wake up everyday looking forward to the shnarky comments of 11-14 year olds? (~looks around~ so did anyone else catch that sarcasim?)
The good news is that I get to (raises hand with rocker symbol fingers) watch my sisters' girls and focus on the glow business for the "week" long festivites of all my bars. RRRRAAAAWWWWKKKK ON!!!! YEAH green beer and drunken stoopers!!!
Our school just approved this computer based "homework" idea, so while it will take some time on my break to set up the "assignments" the computer does all my grading! ~rolls eyes~ I can not even begin to tell you HOW SUPER AWESOME this is. I will go from grading 5-6 assignments for the kids a week down to maybe 2 times! This for ANYONE who teaches KNOWS what I mean. I am really looking forward to it. PLUS, it has games that TEACHES them and get this...they LIKE THEM! *gasps*
I attended a workshop this week and let me tell you my mind was RACING ~vrooommmm~ *wind gushing* "did you see that"? asked Dirty Birdie? Passerby: UM see what???
Yep that was me! The ideas are a flowing! The only disappointing thing for me was coming back after having a sub...*growns* "seriously?!?!? what the heck tornado hit this room?" ~looks around at all the paper and JUNK in the desks!~
WOW! I mean, seriously?!?!?! "was anyone hurt?"
Last but not least I found enough copies of the book "to kill a mockingbird" for my 8th graders. I can not even tell you how friggin' excited that makes me! (as some of you might remember it is on my list all time favs that IAI tagged me with, for all time reading classics.)
So, while I hope to be posting next week, I doubt that I will be a "regular" as a morning constitutional...Sorry...Visual I know! ~rolls eyes~ I do hope to get caught up on you all. This week has been entirely too much!
how about you? Anyone have any exciting fun planned?


6 Left me pearls of wisdom:
To Kill a Mockingbird? I was supposed to read that in HS. Never did get around to it. I just had a friend brief me before class.
I was only cheating myself.
From sex ed to TKAM?
Whoa.
You have high expectations of the little twits.
And hey - if you got parents pissy at you for A Christmas Carol, I can't wait to hear about the complaints on this one - rape allegations, race relations, mental retardation, oh my!
Hey - are you on the official payroll of that place yet or what?
LBB: OMG It is a classic. I highly recommend it! I mean seriously as a a critic of the "classics" it has everything a teen could want! There is a "haunted house" a neighborhood "boo", civil unrest and a young boy far beyond his sourthern upbringing...*sigh*
E-mail your address and I will send you a copy. ;o)
Yess, I feel that strongly about it!
IAI: OH yes! I am, however in true "drag yourfeet fashion they have managed to "forget" to backdate my payroll so I did get shorted on my last2 holiday pay days...*sigh*
I know! I can't wait! Then again...I DOUBT any of them know enough english to "read" all that.
I am not sure it won't lose something in the translation?!?!?! LOL ;o)
We are justfinishing a book called "weedflower" aboutaJap-American who meets an NativeAmerican @ the enderment camp...Funny didn'tthe Nazi'scall them "concentration camps?LOL ;o) Like I am supposed to believe they were "endeared?"
Have a great week off.
I'll bet once the school realizes you have more time since the software will help with grading they will find something more for you to do.
Schools are like the gov't, they are always looking at ways to screw you over.
Take care and have fun.
Thanks for stopping by.:)
tc
We are planning on doing a "public transportation" version of a St. Patrick's Day bar tour this coming Saturday. Should be interesting.
Post a Comment