Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6am. While his coffeepot ( MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor ( MADE IN HONG KONG ). He put on a dress shirt ( MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans ( MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes ( MAD E IN KOREA ). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator ( MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch ( MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car ( MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN J OB At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia ), Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals ( MADE IN BRAZIL ) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV ( MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA ....
What do you think bloggers? Are you and I as much of the problem as Joe????


10 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Here's the way I look at it: there are many people looking for jobs, however, not all of them would be interested in the jobs that are outsourced to other countries.
Plus think about the jobs illegal immigrants may have: who wants to spend time picking strawberries and bailing hay. No thanks, I'll pass.
i don't even have an answer. i spend all my time and money in the country of Blogistan.
ooooh what a loaded post! I can see both sides. I've read part of It's a Flat World and certain phenomena are just economic facts and it really is no one's fault. On the other hand, I think we are responsible for ourselves and many people ought to buy more American. I don't know if that would solve the problem, but who and how hard should try to right this problem?
Great post though-your opinion? Or were you being rhetorical and dummie me missed it?
Singleton: I honstly blame Americans. We want a good bargin and due to the civil torts sueing employers and such, American employers have had to find cost cutting ways to stay in business. We BOUGHT our way to a import mess.
MiniJonB: Too bad I don't get paid in Blogistan...LOL ;o)
Wreckless: I am caught. I don't agree that illegal immigrants should be given jobs just because American don't WANT to work hard. I find that some Americans think that they are "owed" something, rather than EARN it.
Then again, I love a great bargin...so...yeah...
Here's a question: how much would a cup of Starbucks coffee be if we DIDN'T outsource?
Probably. But preacher man works at Ford, so I got bigger problems to worry about. *snorts*
Yes! Everything I own was made somewhere else (except my SUV).
I'm sorry I missed some of these posts bambi, I was sure I had stopped by and commented.:(
Yes Yes Yes we are part of the problem because we want cheap stuff, that's why places like WalFart go to China and buy stuff or open up factories there.
Eventually companies who make stuff won't have any American customers cause no one will have a job.
tc
Most of the stuff I own is made in the USA. The major exceptions to this are the TV sets and most of my clothing. Those things are now almost entirely made outside the USA. I agree, we are the problem. We want our stuff cheap ... who cares if it is made by child labor in Indonesia, or if the toy has lead based paint. It has become a Wal Mart society.
One Word: UNIONS
Post a Comment