BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 08, 2007

So not kewl!







This is not me telling someone that they are "number one". This is Bambi venting, so please beware.





Dear Social Studies Teacher,


Thank you for your resignation. While a small part of me is thankful that I will not have to manage you and your detentions, I am very angry that you have QUIT in the middle of the school year to be a "long term sub" for another school. Yes I know that you were going to be fired in December, but that doesn't mean you quit....


Yes, You I know you were told that at Christmas they would be making some changes. Yes, I know that, instead of FIRING your lazy, a$$ they offered you an opportunity to line something up for after Christmas.


So, now, I get to supervise a possible new teacher who is not a teacher, nor has she taught a class ever. EVER. ~shakes head~


So for those of you who know, this means I am using MY license, while she "teaches" the classes. I saw the fear in her eyes, when she looked at the state standards. Yes, I realize I didn't know as much as I do now, the first time that I subbed. I will say this, at least I had taught before. I have stood in large groups and instructed, yes, it was HR and insurance forms, but the similarities are rather disterbing....yes, I know, there is more than one way to skin a cat...blah. blah. I should be thankful that we MIGHT have this "break". I just don't feel like it's a break.


*sigh*


So, crappy teacher, go, be with the 5th graders that you can bully and push around. Go, leaving your kids hanging.


I have to commend you on FINALLY getting your shit together and doing a lesson plan. It only took you 14 weeks, to DO YOUR JOB. Thank you for leaving the students clueless and 3 weeks behind the 8 ball, with the state standards.


So, good luck to you and thank you for subbing for our school for the last 14 weeks. Thank you for creating a detention paper trail, because you inability to manage your way out of a wet paper bag, I get to take over and play catch up.


*sigh*


Finally, when I see you on TV for some teacher abuse case...I will be the FIRST to call the station and provide my FACTUAL info of a few occurances. You are not allowed to BULLY, TOUCH, PUSH, SHOVE, or Blow a whistle in a students ear. ~shakes head~ You are however able to use tools like RESPECT, Guilt, and a phone call or two to a parental unit. In the future, please use the following technique:


Let me give you an example bloggers, take my student who wrote "(insert name) ________needs to get f**ked". *shivers* Action had to be taken. They all forget that New Fish and I come from a law enforcement background. *Tisk*Tisk* SO after comparing journal entries and homework assignments, we discovered the little bastard who wrote it. New Fish and I first made him tell us the truth. ~hmmmmm haaaaaaa shuffle feet~ (imagine the Law and order interrogation room. New fish is the good cop and I am the bad A$$) What is it they all lie? Why do they have to make it worse??? So, I go, leaving "good cop" to his work.


So New Fish's punishment is: The student has to write a letter to HIS mom about the statement, what he wrote and what he is going to do for his restitution. Then, he has to write a letter to the girl student's Father, saying what he wrote and apologizing. THEN, we make the kid go to the principals office to confess. When he gets there he still gets suspended for 3 days which we "reduce" his sentence to in school, and write the letters. *sigh* That kid was all tied up into knots and ready to crap his pants....NOW that, THAT is punishment. Detention is means to an end, for some and for others they could care less and become frequent flyers. It becomes just one more thing they "fail" at.


So good bye crappy Social Studies teacher. Good bye all the extra time and days I will not have to spend "monitoring" detention, and this will be the LAST time I have to grade your papers, due to your inability to finish your work....


~waves and flips my middle finger~


WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Thank you fellow bloggers and feel free to give him a slice in the comments.

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

We should start a course on cursing. Professional cursing With Style.. should we? Heheheh.

jali said...

The kids are better without him.

Jim McKee said...

It seems like it's fairly easy to get started as a teacher in AZ (unlike here in Michigan). Can you email me and elaborate? It is seriously depressing to think I have to wait 2 to 3 years to start. I am actually considering moving (*gasp*)... it seems like NM has a quicker plan.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I used to teach adults and have considered getting a certificate to teach in the public school system where I live, but I hear things like this and would rather work at the dry cleaners.

Flash said...

Wow. I wish I had you as a teacher.
(back then). I had nuns. And somehow corporal punishment rules do not apply to a cranky old woman wearing a habit. I was pretty sure they became nuns just to whack kids.

Now, in modern times...

Mmmm, I wish I had you as my teacher.

hehe

Paul Champagne said...

I have often thought about getting into teaching, but was not able to afford the pay-cut.

What??? no corporal punishment? How do you do it?

snowelf said...

So Long, Farewell Crappy Social Studies Teacher!!

--snow

Anonymous said...

wow that was quite a rant but in a good way!
I liked your and NF's approach to discipling the student.
Suspensions don't work because kids LIKE to be out of school, make them work for it, be a mirror of what actually happens in society when you break the rules.
Good job and hey you can give me the finger anytime.:)
tc

Los said...

Yikes! A friend of mine, who is a teacher, had a student stand up the other day and say, "Pull up your shirt, I want to see your breasts!" The child was in 3rd grade ... good times!