BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The road...



Lets talk about my kiddos at school today!

"OK Ms. Bambi!!!"

So last week New Fish and I took 3 different cell phones. Can you beleive the little buggars managed 43 text in less than 2 hours???? FOURTY THREE?!?!?! HOLY texting. When I read through the texts, in Spanish, my eyes got wide.

Let me back up. Last week the girls were acting rather strange. By stange and teen-ager, I don't mean it to be an oxymoron, I mean they were being more secretive than normal. They had the "protective" hat on forone of the female students. I just take notes and store it up in the file drawer as a "teeny-whore" preoccupation and move on. I heard some girls talking and such. Not to mention the bathroom was getting WAY to popular a place to hang out...for it being so stinky. ~holds nose~

Well, then after reading the phone texts and over hearing key words to the girly conversations, I had that gut feeling(Ladies you know the girly hormonal one?) that one of them was pregnate. Now, most of you reading know that I teach middle school, grade 6-8 grade. That is about 11-14 year old kids.

Yesterday I decided, that I didn't have enough drama, so I confronted my 8th grader who, I suspected as being pregnate. Turns out, she gave me enough information, that I figured it out. Little sister...6th grader was the one. *GASPS* This girl is only 12. TWELVE....~shakes head~

So, after school I ask her to stay. Here is the conversations:

Me: So, until this morning you thought you were pregnate, didn't you?

Her: ~She nods her head yes~

Me: So, are you using anything? ~now FYI I was hinting at protection from STD and pregnacy~

Her: Some cocaine and pot. I need it to relax. I was using "G" but not anymore.

Me: *sigh*Do you want to get help?

Her: ~crying and nods yes~ I just want to be free.

~I went to get New Fish and info, while he tried to call Mom and Dad. Then Dad arrives to pick her up. She doesn't want to go with Dad, bcause he has hit her before. She continues to cry and shake.~

New Fish and I talk to Dad, and he agree's to take her to the rehab location.

This Morning

Me: Hey New Fish, did all our words fall on deaf ears or what? ~points to Girl~

NF: Yep. Then again, look at Dad and Mom. ~shakes head~

Me: So why did we bother yesterday?

So that is a slice of Inner city school life. LOL ;o) Feel free to let me know what you might have done?

PLEASE, don't forget to keep voting for me. The poll is open for two weeks and I am not opposed to whoring myself out!!! The BEAUTIFUL and generous Snowelf has posted me on her site. ~BOWS~ Thank you dear! You are really a true fan!!! Front row tickets for you! ~closes airline window~ So did you want First class?

Here is the link for you...I am #30!!!! Pink top and blonde hair. They appear in random order so you may need to scroll over for my song. Thank you again!!!!

http://www.soyouthinkyoureastar.com/voteVideo.php?event=nov10

~waves and blows kisses~

5 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Paul Champagne said...

Wouldn't it be great if abstinance education always worked?

Of course it doesn't, there is much more pressure out there today than when I was in school. Back in the stone-age, we didn't even think about the opposite sex till Junior High (they had cooties after all) and didn't think about actually doing anything till High School.

k.thedoula said...

cripes... I gave some hand me down clothes to a student at my sons school last winter. She had her son right before I had my daughter... same midwives oddly enough... any hoo...
Sons school only goes to grade 9. She was in grade 7 when she had him.
I've voted a whole thwack of times... but alas, I have to admit I don't always have the volume on. slinks down and cowers....
It has nothing to do with your voice (husband the music teacher 'wow, that is one heck of a voice!), the song is just not my thing.

But I'm voting for you lots!

snowelf said...

Aww, Super-girl,I know you'd do the same for me. ;)

Oh, that poor girl. And I know she's "old enough" to make her bed and lie in it, but she's so young and we all know how crappy the teenage years can be.

You guys did the best you could with the situation as you are not her parents. I would have done the same thing--and let's just hope that because you reached out to help, that at least she knows she's cared about.

Still voting!!! :)
--snow

Mama en Fuego said...

I would have called the cops and CPS. Granted they wouldn't have done much about it but at least there would be a record. Fuckers. Can't blame the girl, she's only twelve and she obviously isn't receiving any guidance or support at home.

Superstar said...

Paul: I didn't even kiss a boy until the summer going to HS...So I so am not able to relate to SEX at TWELVE!!!!
*SIGH*
Oye Vey!

MM: Thank you again, for all the votes and your husbands vote of confidence...I needed that after mr "too much info"...

Snow: You are my pimp godess!!!

Mama: I know! I just don't get it..HOW can you ask for help then not take the olive branch?!?!? ASKING seems like the HARDEST thing....
JESHHHHH