Well, what can I say? I am a cute kid? NAW, that would be so conceited right?
How about..I just KNOW she is going to grow up and be a pole dancer? HMMMM
No, look at those eyes...just so full of hopw and looking upward (body language says full of hope) And the hand in my mouth? *shivers* what was I thinking...ewwwwwww..
Ok, so on with the post.
Fresh.
I am free.
I have managed somehow to maintain a friendship with most of my ex-boyfriends. In the case of New Fish, *ahem* I mean Lame Duck, anyway our comments to each other at school and the mind f**king is so hysterical. Fun. You know what I am talking about ladies. The comments that are said with just enough info that only he understands? Then there is the double meaning comments, that make girls giggle or even you men sometimes. That is, of course, when the man appreciates a good sarcastic or witty comment...I digress....Here are a couple of fact to help you understand our conversation. One, He doesn't believe in unconditional love between a man and a women, but is convinced that he can love his children that way...unconditionally. Two, he is super awesome with kids. He has the patience of a saint, as long as it's kids. Adults that are in need of a sign, stupid, he snickers, and will disregard as he sees fit. Three, he states that he will never marry again. and finally, he has made it clear that he wants me, but is unwilling to be "owned" with terms such as "boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband, blah blah....you get the idea....he is a Leo, and well, we just LET him think it's his way....
Me: So what are you going to do with your three day weekend?
LD/NF: We have a 3 day what?
Me: We have Monday off, for Veterans day.
LD/NF: OH
Me: Maybe we could do something?
LD/NF: I have the kids. I...
Me: I wouldn't mind taging along to the bookstore? *winking*
LD/NF: Yeah, except you know I dont mix the adult time w/ the kid time.
Me: I am not trying to be you kids' mom, just wanna have some fun. Hang out with people...you know?
LD/NF: I won't do that to them. They just went thru all that w/ Mom and her new boyfriends.
Me: I am sure they would be fine, they met me and know me as a co-worker. I am sure they don't want Dad to be alone.
LD/NF: You know, there are worse things than being single. You could be with someone and be more alone.
Me: ~mouth open~ Well, so I take that means "no" then...
***PAUSE****
Me: You know a simple, no thank you would have been fine...*pouts*
I am convienced that men are stupid. blind, deaf and dumb. What the hell??? I just want to hang out with him and I am willing to (put up with) hang out..same thing, w/ his kids while doing it. Now, ~rolls eyes~ Not just ANY chick would be that ok...especially after spending all week teaching them....After all I didn't give birth to HIS kiddos....
*sigh*
I don't know, I thought it was a generous offer, but, then again, I am a go with the flow gal....What do you think bloggers? Was I trying to put my nose in where is doesn't belong? Am I missing something???
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
So what happened?
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 7:47 PM

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:
how old are the kiddos? i've been thru the whole dating thing with kids and sometimes its more trouble than its worth just because of the questions and the attitudes. not to mention if they fall in love with you and then thats all they talk about and they begin to expect to see you ... see its complicated *sigh*
If he only gets part time visitation then it's his time with the kids and the kids really want to have time with him all alone.
It's like trying to play catch-up.
It was a generous offer but divorced dads get very possessive of time with their kids.
You look very cute in your picture and I doubt that has changed.:)
tc
I'm sending you to Laurie of Beauty and the Beer with a new fangled name http://ellethepirate.wordpress.com/2007/10/17/birthday-eveit-is-here/
This one is all about her birthday.
top cat: He has the kiddos 95% of the time...Mom is the one who plays catch up...whole another post.
Kim: They are 4, 6 and 8.
yeah, I see your side too! I didn't think of it like that...hense the post...:) LOL
I think a straighforward answer from the get go would have been what was needed. Maybe you could start with the communication deal and then get to deeper things.
When it comes to kids, people are very protective. That is all the slack I can give him there though.
Not to sound preacherish or Parentish, but DON"T SETTLE!
Hang on for what you deserve and want.
Ok, I'm off my soapbox.
Having fun with you and the Wench at Rains!:)
Yeah, I wouldn't push it. He could have given you SOME of the time within the 3 days though. I'd be pissed about that more than anything.
This dog won't hunt. Time for a new dog.
Euthanize this relationship at once.
Once again ... stop trying to hang out with him. He is not ready for you and probably never will be.
There are plenty of fish in the sea, and the next New Fish is just around the corner.
Well... I think you should leave Lame Fish to his own devices, since he seems like he has issues. Sure, be civil and even friendly to him at work, it will make for a better work environment for YOU (and hon, you know I am all about what's best for you).
As far as the photo... you were cute as a kid, you're gorgeous now... what's your point?
I'd love to comment here, but some of this strikes close to home. Just feom the teeny bit I know, it sounds to me like he's trying to keep "love" at arms length. His motives for trying to insulate the kids that way could be honorable (not wanting to confuse them with dad "moving on") or not so honorable (wants to appear to be the family man in the face of his ex's promiscuity so he can use it against her).
Not all guys are stupid, blind, deaf and dumb; there's just no guidbook a single father can use to keep himself sane and try to preserve whatever shred that remains of the kids' impression of "family." You're just winging it and hoping you don't screw it up. So, it's easier not to believe in love sometimes. Maybe his kids are the only stability he feels he can count on anymore.
But that's just me. heh.
Post a Comment