Here is a little article I have had e-mailed to me several times. I did some research and discovered that it was a excerpt from a Ann Landers Column. Along with Ms. Mannors, I used to read her column all the time, I seem to be very reflective as of late. Have a wonderful and happy Thank-ful day!
Things to Be Thankful For
Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have
enough to eat.
Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have
been surrounded by friends.
Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you're employed.
Be thankful that your lawn needs mowing and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.
Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.
Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.
Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it
means you can walk.
Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it
means you can hear.
Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we
have freedom of speech.
Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it
means you're alive.
~ Taken from Ann Landers’ column—11/22/01~

14 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Funny you should mention Ann Landers.
...I'm thankful that I am always right. At least about this LBB dick. About you, I must claim over enthusiasm to shoot daggers. I have decided through a series of online analysis that although you counter my meanness with vulgar and irrelevant insults, my words were taken to heart far too intently. I apologize. You've been de-Honest Johned. {you may take credit for my blog URL}
In the course of ones life, people will come along who know nothing about us and try to label us based on one tiny interaction. It happens in all areas of existence. How we handle this criticism depends upon our own self esteem and drive for improvement. Perhaps you need to realize you are worth more than anyones opinion of you. Responding to people like me should be more like, "ok...whatever." and move on. Calling me names, even in defense of your imagined friends will only create more unnecessary stress. I couldn't take the time to respond to all the cutting responses LBB got on his ridiculous blog post because there were simply way too many of them. I randomly chose a few and went to town. You were first. Sorry.
Your reaction was classic and I had to continue. A couple simply deleted my comments and ignored me. I forgot about them. A couple actually had blogs that were uniquely funny and well written and I will continue visiting them.
I will leave you alone if that is what you prefer. Just take with you this piece of serious advice...shrug off insulting opinions and walk away. They don't matter and your life is better without the aggravation. LBB proves his only interest in you is the number of comments he can generate on his own self absorbed blog. His comment above makes this glaringly obvious. When perusing Cleckley's book, I would venture to guess LBB is more likely the psychopathic sociopath you thought I was. He read your entire post highlighting reasons to be thankful this holiday season and only came up with essentially..."heh, go look at my blog. I beat Ann Landers with MY wit. Me...read about ME." The mantra of the sociopath. I am all that matters...your writings are merely a redirection to ME. LBB is mildly humorous at best, but his obsession with himself is worthy of clinical analysis. Take it for what it's worth. You DON'T suck. LBB still does. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and be happy.
PS...Read the book I linked twice or more. It will enlighten you to many psychological disorders and probably help you understand better the people you interact with daily. It is the Bible on psychopathy and referenced in every other book written on the subject. You will learn that there are people you hope will change if only you could make them see this or that...and realize you are talking about a sociopath (they come in many levels...from mild to murderous) and your words are mere gusts of wind to them. I guarantee it will help you in your social and dating life. You'll spot the freaks and know to cast them aside. Please read the book. It's not an easy read, but it's pure gold. Study it. Reread it. And pass it along.
I'm thankful that I'm married, have a nice job, nice house, great family, and great friends ... and that I'm reasonably healthy (could stand to lose a few pounds, but gettin' there).
Bambi with all the things going on in your life right now, especially your mom's health, it's only natural to feel reflective.
I can only hope you will find peace during this holiday season.
honest john..you made fun of her singing, her physical appearance and her use of the English language and then say your words were taken to heart too intently.
WTF is that?
This behavior reminds me of the classic abuser, one who slaps his woman and then says I'm sorry but you had it coming.
You seem to justify these attacks by saying I did it to make you stronger, to believe in yourself more.
This is not the way to help people believe in themselves.
tc
LBB: I thought it was more like, great minds think alike.
Honest John: I accept your apology. I have come to terms that your leaving comments on my site is much like that of a shock blogger. I associate your comments to a radio show or a shock "jock" known as Howard Stern. I was repulsed by him, even loathed him. however, I still listened to hear WHAT he would say next and would shake my head. You are like my facination w/ Stern. I listen/read, because I just can't imagine the words that will come/came out of your mouth/keyboard...
Los: Did I mention that I am thankful for a broken heart, for without it, I wouldn't have had LOVE.
Top Cat: LOL ;o) I still can't wait to just plant a sweet Georiga Kiss on your fury little face!!!
~blows kisses~
superstar..I'm not about getting into a verbal war with hj but I find it ironic he's handing out psychological advice when behaving as he has.
I can't stand Howard Stern, he's not funny IMO, he's gross and disgusting so if you see a parallel between Stern and hj then it's no wonder I feel the way I do.
I'm happy you've decided to accept his apology and move on.
If you're at peace with it then this will be my last words on the subject.
I wish you and all who visit your blog a very Happy Thanksgiving.
tc
ummmm furry kisses.:)
So glad you have voiced your opinion Tcat...since I said absolutely nothing to or about you, your comments directed at me make you no better than me. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
honest jali here,
Be thankul of the critics - they remind you just how many supporters you have.
Happy Thanksgiving.
It is true we get caught up on the little superficial things that we forget how lucky we really are.
Happy Thanksgiving Super!! :)
I am thankful that I made my past mistakes because it has shown me the error of my ways and allowed me to change for the better.
I am also thankful for friends and family. :)
--snow
p.s. Just email me the address you would like us to send letters to. And would you like one for each of your classes, or just one letter to share with everyone.
LOL! Good ones Bambi!
Happy Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm back. I think. Maybe.
"...shrug off insulting opinions and walk away. They don't matter and your life is better without the aggravation. LBB proves his only interest in you is the number of comments he can generate on his own self absorbed blog...
HJ...Lessee if I got this right:
This LBB guy is obviously someone you don't particularly care for..so your answer to the fact that he aggravates YOU is to create a Blog ("The Painful Truth) so you can validate him even MORE, rather than "walk away."
...Ya might wanna consider takin' yer own advice...jus' sayin' now..
Well...the blog is more of a dumping ground for hobby art, LBB just gets top billing. And he really hasn't insulted me...just cried a little and called me names. As I find him less and less a significant irritation, I'm sure his stench will dissipate.
But thanks for chiming in Steve o.
I WILL say this...If he deleted any of your comments...He's a dick..I feel like blog's are the only real freedom of speech anyone has anymore..I think that they are the only forum for truth out there...and if you elect to run from it...then, I think soliciting people to ask for YOUR (LLB) advice is pretty much a sham...
I've read his blog...Intelligent guy...but I'm not impressed...I'm hopin' that he's just havin' fun...Cuz if he ain't...and YOU ain't...To me...there ain't muchuva point.
Peace to both uvya...
Post a Comment