I so very thanfkful that the whole Thanksgiving is over! Play time is over! Let's go! Lets go! Time to get the Christmas music playing.
~claps hands~
That is right people, we have 30 days until Christmas. Seriously, how can you be sitting there without multi-tasking? I have presents to buy and wrap, I have lat minuet decor to finish putting up, I have my Mother flying in and staying for the next month. ~snaps fingers~ Let's go people, show time!!!!
~rolls eyes~
~stands there with hands on hips~
Ok so my stress is not yours. Sorry. Seriously, every year I can't wait for this time of year and every year I feel as though I am running in circles. The tail is chasing the dog this year people! I have a tradition that every year, I spend all day on the the day after thanksgiving putting al the decor up in the house. Ask Mama en Fuego, the house looks like Santa and all his reindeer puked Christmas in EVERY room.
That is right. I change the pictures on the walls. I change the linen's on the beed and towels in the bathroom and kitchen. Not a single spot is missed.
This year I put everything up in a record 5 hours. I still have my tree to buy and decorate, and last minute lights. Still I am amazed at the record breaking pace that I achieved this year.
Do any of you have "day after" Thanksgiving traditions?


15 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Ugh - I need to send out Christmas cards and do some more shopping ... I'm exhausted!
Okay, no 'day after thanksgiving' things, as a Canadian, we did that in October!
But I always decorate for first Advent. Night before after all the little monsters are asleep.
And (shhhhh) I don't really like Christmas.
I know, a parent who doesn't like Christmas! Its more of the whole huge, over the top, annoying me to no end people who think we are horrible parents for not getting our children everything they want... let alone giving goats and school rooms (in other countries) as gift cards... as in we donated a buttload of money to people who really need it and you get a card and Christmas tree ornament. Suck it up gang, you have so much more than everyone else...
I demand photos of your home! I do change our bedding to bright red with white reindeer flannel! Did it yesterday... see, not so grinch-ish after all!
See, I'm crabby already. Thirty days huh?
blah.
Los; Herbal crack. Check. I will send it stat for a stocking stuffer.
MM: I worked for a Canadian company who didn't think "American" holiday's were "meaninful". However, they came to a complete stop for " boxing day". Hmmm. I just kept thinking that was the sport...NO it wasn't. Damn near got fired that day..HEHEHEH.
At least you do it up for the kiddos. ~claps hands~
I thought I was the only one!
The day after Thanksgiving my sister and I drink champagne all day and decorate our house will watching "Christmas Vacation". Love it!
Merry Christmas!
damn super, you really take this Christmas seriously don't you?lol
No plans other than resting and beer.:)
tc
I get tired reading about what you do. Advice? Crank the music, get some Java-ENJOY!
You sound so excited it's making me smile.
I usually get into the spirit a week or so before Christmas. (I almost abbreviated and wrote "xmas" - then I remembered who I'm dealing with here - smile).
I want to see the decorations too!
My day-after tradition is to make bail and see if I can remember how many people in my family I offended after I got drunk. Ah, good times.
My one any only goal on the day after Turkey Day is to wake up at about 7 am with the mutts, slip on the slippers and let em outside to do the doggie deed. Make coffee, drink coffee, read the paper, watch some sports center on ESPN.
Then around 10 I throw on the old jeans and my Deetroit Tigers T shirt. Watch some more TV and then around noonish have a nice turkey sandwich on white bread with mayo and salt pepper and wash it down with a nicely chilled labatts Blue or 3.
Now I ask you. Does it get any better than that?
Laughing: Hey there! I guess now there are two of us out there! I love the movie choice. I watched Armaggedon then National Treasure! While I had Christmas music going...LOL :)
Top Cat: MOI??? Seriously? That isn't the HALF of it. I had to edit most of it as I didn't want to bore you all!
Jali: ~bows~ AHHHH girl you are the wisest of them all!
heheheh..."I was going to abv with xmas then I realized who i was dealing with"...That is sooooooo true!!!!
Wreckless: I have to wonder if the Java wouldn't have made me even more bonkers! hehehehe
Effortlessly: LOL ;o) You drunken whore you!
So what are you doing later?
*giggles*
Rainman: Labatts blue. Check. Got it on your "nice" list for your present.
~licks pencil w/tongue~
We decked our halls, put up our tree and drank a bottle of wine.
I'm not in the mood yet, last year the stuff was already up.
Thank you for your comments on the competition. HUGS
tc
Sleep and lounge around. Then I clean in the afternoon, and spend the rest of the night turning leftovers into awesome meals for the weekend.
As for Christmas stress, cyber monday took care of all of that. Shopping is totally done. Now I'll just need to find someone to wrap it all for me.
30 days till Christmas???
Who cares???
Only 38 days till the Iowa Caucus!!!
Flash: I will wrap them for you. FREE. I have hot cocoa ~dangles package~
Top Cat: LOL ;o) At least I tried.
Paul: LOL LETTME guess, the Cacus is the "christmas" of your year? HEHEHEHEHEH.
Mama: Was that inorder? I would have started w/ the bottle of wine...liquid lunch? heheheheheh
Post a Comment