
*******Update********
This post in now way reflects how I feel today...I wrote this song over 3 years ago after a REALLY bad break up... I was with a man I thought I was going to marry and have children with...My heart hurt so much I never thought I would be where I am today. I have blogging and your love and support to thank for that.
I was inspired by Effortlessly Average to share a small part of my heart. I must say, reading this as a poem is much like ripping the band-aid off fast, but here it goes. I wrote this as a song, ...lt occured to me that I haven't put up a post lately about being single and how despritely lonely I feel sometimes. I normally like to deflect Any REAL emotion with humor. That is my Modis operandi, if you will. If I make fun and address the elephant in the room, so to speak, I don't get blind sided...*ahem*
So here you go, raw and unrehearsed:
Broken
When you left me
I thought I died.
I felt numb and Then,
I felt the pain. It was
the pain of a thousand promises,
you have broken. The pieces are
like a puzzle that I can't find.
Chorus:
How long will I cry
why did he lie,
when will this pain go away, and
why can't I drink it all away?
When I woke up there you were,
a memory, fresh in my mind. How
can it hurt this bad? Why can't I smile?
I look for a drink, to numb the pain and wonder
why can't I make you go away?
Chorus:
Why do you look so happy
What didn't I do?
Why wasn't I enough, oh
Lord make me stronger, but for now
I'm gonna just drink it all away
Chorus:
Bridge ending:
Yes, I think Im going to just drink it all away
Someday I will have drank it all away.
Ok so, I guess this makes me sound as though I am advocating booze to solve the pain and dispair...*sigh*
~shrug shoulders~
I feel really naked right now....
Monday, November 05, 2007
Broken....
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 6:06 PM

16 Left me pearls of wisdom:
Booze solves many a problem. Mostly boredom.
LBB: Ya know, I would slap you right now, but honestly I can't argue w/ your logic....~pours Xantini~
You did miss my whole "nakedness" of the post though....
~shakes head~
Bambi these are great lyrics exposing heartache and pain.
I raise my hand in a toast that someday you can write a song about long lasting love.
tc
thanks for sharing. i've turned off all my emotional sensors this month so i can't really figure out what's going, but good that you got it out. maybe you should get out and party it off... within reason, of course.
Have a nice tall drink and toast the awesome person that you are!
I'll second all the comments before mine.
That poem reflects how 99% of people feel or have felt at one time. For that lucky 1%, I just have to say ... I HATE YOU.
Now that that is out of the way, all I can say is that things will get better ... they always do. Personally I found that once I stopped looking and had that "who cares" attitude, I found the person I was looking for (though I didn't even realize I was still looking). Don't worry, the right one will find you ... It's Karma!
Ok, now what kind of guy does it make me when I understand the pain of what you wrote, but immediately thought "oh yeah? Want some company?" when I read that you're naked.
Never make naked comments when dealing with a guy who's gone as long without as I have.
Thanks for mentioning me. I'm going to go imagine you naked some more. Nevermind that I don't know what you look like; I'll make that part up.
Ok, now what kind of guy does it make me when I understand the pain of what you wrote, but immediately thought "oh yeah? Want some company?" when I read that you're naked.
Never make naked comments when dealing with a guy who's gone as long without as I have.
Thanks for mentioning me. I'm going to go imagine you naked some more. Nevermind that I don't know what you look like; I'll make that part up.
Sorry:(
Wish I was there to share a shot and a sob with you.
Know you'll feel better though.
It's happened before and made you tougher, resilient, wiser, and many other good things.
It does suck right now though.
Sorry again :(
Geez - that song made we want to drink. Superstar, you need a hug! I can only offer a cyber-hug.
I hate that this happened to you. But I really, really love this song.
much love,
--snow
Big hugs to you, darlin'.
Top Cat: I am not sure there is such a thing as lasting love other than a parent and a child...or a dog...LOL ;o)
MiniJonB: Party it off? LOL I think I just covered the drinking part...
Christina: Here here!
Jali: Thank you!!
Paul: LOL ;) I hate that one percent too. Although, I may just be jealous...
Effortlessly: LOL ;o) DID someone say NAKED?!?!?! Not at all....I will get naked for you...then again...I could use some really great sex!!! HEHEHEHEHE
Wreckless: I wish I could say I am wiser...b ut we would have to put a BUD wiser in front of that comment!!
SOOOOOO, I am all good now. No one can explain the hurt and ache a person feels unless, they go thru it.
Los: I am so taking that hug.
Snow: Really? I am booking time for the recording studio...maybe, if I can sweet talk my guitar playing friend into it...LOL ;o)
Jim: There you are!!! I have missed you!
You are naked...hey is that a rash?? You should see a doctor about that.
KIDDING. Call me. LIQUID LUNCH.
Mama: Did you say NAKED?!?!?!?
LOL
I have Monday off...Let get really silly on Sunday-ish???
hehehehe
Post a Comment