BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 16, 2007

Dating...

Best/Worst Dates: Vol III
Date: Fall 2001
Location: Internet dating, date

So I put out a posting on Yahoo for meeting other singles in the area in the fall of 2001. I still was rather "new" to the Phoenix area, so I felt that it was only fitting that I try and meet people. I set up criteria of meeting other adults outside of my career field and single. I worked for several small companies that didn't exactly work for networking the dating scene.

I was very specific and I had Dirty Birdy carefully help me with wording. I didn't want to show up and my date have a third eye. ~rolls eyes~ You know?

I was also very specific about the age group of Men that I was interested in meeting. At age 30 I have no interest in an 18 year old BOY. With that being said, and my nieveity in question, I learned alot about what NOT to do after this adventure.

I had many reply's right away. *WHEW* thank goodness I don't look like a freak. One of them was from a guy named "Dan". We chated on line and finally exchanged phone numbers. We talked on the phone a couple of nights and I agreed to meet for coffee.

I get to the coffee shop and I was supposed to look for a 6' tall guy w/ dark hair and light blue eyes, in his dress slacks and shirt as we were both coming from work.

I almost fell off my chair, he was all of 19. *GASPS* I didn't even think to ask, as I had put it in my criteria, DUH!!! well, it was sweet of him, he brought me chocolates. We had coffee. I thought, OK be fair, see what, if afterall, perhaps the "boy" is more mature for his age.
*giggles* yeah right

OK. at the end of the conversation, I thanked him for the meet and greet and proceeded to leave. I THOUGHT I was being very clear that I have no interest in continueing a relationship of any kind. 2 days later I got a call from Dan. He wanted his chocolates back, "They are very expensive and I can use them for someone else" (Boy now there is a winner right there!). I ignored the call. The next day, after that, he bacame a stalker. He e-mailed me 30 times and called 15 times DEMANDING his chocolates. I finally left him a message back that if he didn't stop harrassing me that I would call the police. I also e-mailed Yahoo and reported his stalking azz.

Hands down a "worst" date. I mean WHO asks for a gift back? ~shakes head and laughs~

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:

minijonb said...

He sounds like the paper boy from the John Cusack movie Better Off Dead:

"Two dollars! I want my two dollars!"

What a loser. I hope I didn't act like that when I was 19.

Anonymous said...

Wanted the chocolates back?? are you kidding? WTF is up with these people?
He should've sent you another box just for the priviledge of meeting you for coffee.:)
tc

Yoda said...

Donno, if someone wanted their chocolates back so badly, I would give them back :-)

Jim McKee said...

You should've given them back... after licking each one.
(evil grin)

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

So, did you eat them> Or just trash them?
I would have sent them back with the requisite finger hole poked in each to see what was inside 'em. better yet, I would've eaten the good ones and just sent back those nasty fruit creams!

Superstar said...

Dirty: That is so funny cuz I threw them away! LOL ;o)

Mini: LOL ;o) OMG I forgot about that scene!

Top Cat: Clearly, you and I are on the same page. ~blushes~ Shucks thanks BTW!!!

Yoda: I didn't want to see him EVER again...EVER EVER!!!

Jim: LOL ;o) They were not even Godiva for Crying out loud! I mean...Good Gravy!!

Superstar said...

IAI: I trashed them...I mean if he is goin' to lie about his age...What the heck...He could have DRUGGED them! ~shivers~

Christina said...

maybe he used all of his allowance to buy them....

Too funny

Art_Fulldodger said...

It amazes me that people like that are really out there. I want my chocolate back? Seriously..... ??

Girl in a Guy's World said...

Wow. And I thought my dating stories were bad! Seriously, who wants chocolates back? His mom probably bought them for him...