For those of you who do not know, this picture is a faux simalie of "Alice" my car. Alice is only my 4th car in my WHOLE life. In all fairness I didn't get my first until a Jr in College, so ~waves hand~ 'ack ya know? Anyway while driving home on our freeway called I-17 yesterday, I noticed the "idiot" light on that looks like a battery. I frowned and thought, ok, I will drive directly to an Auto Zone. They have been very helpful in the past with my lights and such. Auto Zone has a hand held Kiosk that they can plug into the car and it tells them WHY the "idiot" light came on.
To my dismay, I was on the exit ramp when *spat* Alice stopped. The RPMs went to nill while the A/C kept working. Thankfully the ramp is on a downward slope and I coasted off to the side, out of the direct line of cars FLYING by me. I pushed then ran to the side getting her to the shoulder.
*sigh*
What do I do? The warrenty is expired. Who do I call? I neglected to start the AAA since the car only has 90K miles. Jesh. I don't even have to change the radiar fluid until after 100K miles...HMMM. I called my sister. She called her husband, whom is the Autobody man. He called the tow company. Do you know what happened?
I sat in my car thinking, "WHY now? WHY? Alice, Why? Are you kidding me right now?"
Kid you not people the tow truck got there in 15 min. DAMN!!!
~wide eyes at the camera blinking~
I don't think I could have even got an AMBULANCE that fast and the fire station is 2 blocks away from my exit ramp!
So, while riding with tow truck driver I start the calls. Rental car company. Check. spewed all my info so that pick up of rental would be quick. Call JT back cancel his services for the tow.
Then arrive to Body shop, where the car makes kewl noises, unload all my inventory into the rental. Finally after the 3 hour tour, I get to go home.
Meanwhile my friend JT has discovered I am in disstress. He calls and offers to have a friend of a friend look at it...UM too late. I am busy getting towed.
*deep sigh*
These are the things I hate. I hate that I will have to "bone" up on the computer to understand the inside of my car. I hate that I will have to negotiate with a mechanic about prices and labor ~rolls eyes~ at a breezy $80/hr, I don't see why they all drive beat up cars. NEVERMIND that, Then I will have to pay for costs, rental, and all while it's the end/first of the month.
These are the things that I wish I had a "Man" to just DEAL with these kinds of things.
*deep sigh*
*****UPDATE*******
For the "low" costof $431.00 I get to get Alice back.
UMMMMMMMM
here is the break down...
$75 per hour, for 2 hours labor...$150+
$?? Parts (Alternator, belts and various gagets)
"worst case senario"= $431.00 (Taxes and out the door)
UMMMM anyone know how we can kidnap Alice????
~looks around~
SPPPPPPPPPHHHH
Hey you?
Ya you!
~motions with hand~
Know anyone that would just run it over?!?!?!?
~evil laugh~


14 Left me pearls of wisdom:
And here I figured it was gonna be somethin' about...
{shield your eyes, children}
... hot monkey lovin'.
;-]
~wipes off computer keyboard~
That would be the soda I just spewed on my keyboard! LOL ;o)
PAAAAAlease! I WISH!
I am so with you on that one! I can't figure out anything remotly related to the reapir of my car. I a fortunate to know how to pump gas....
ROFL! Jim!! :)
I have a 6th sense about cars. I always know what's "wrong" when a car breaks, but I have no idea how to fix it, so I am SO lucky my daddy and my brother are into cars.
Good luck super, that totally sucks. Hopefully Alice is back to her old self again soon!!
hugs!
--snow
Superstar..I'm so sorry to hear about the episode with Alice. That sucks you are single, it's so much easier when you have a mate to help figure out all this stuff.
Poor Alice, maybe you can take her out for an ice cream when she gets out of the car hospital.
hugs
tc
431 is nothing considering the repair required is major -- it affects the functionality of your car.
I paid $500 to get a STUPID motor fixed which blows air into the a/c vent.
I like this song.:)
tc
I hate having car troubles. Hopefully Alice is better now.
Poor Alice.
Guy broke down last winter, so I feel your pain.
Alternators will always kill you. They are the worst to replace...
But glad you got Alice back.
Not all men know what to do in these situations. Don't kid yourself, girl. Make sure you put that on the 'wish list' before you say "I do". Make him prove it first as well.
Yes, I am a little pessimistic. Have you met my hubby?
Leave it in downtown Phoenix with the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition. For extra luck, leave a steaming back of Filiberto's and a case of Corona on the front seat. Kinda like cookies for Santa...
Top Cat: Yeah, I enjoy the lyrics! I mean really. Call me when your sober! LOL ;o) So basically I never hear from "him" again! LOL ;o)~shakes head~
Snow: Thanks!
Yoda: OMG!!! A/C is a must in AZ so I would have equally paid $500 to get that fixed!
Los: Hey yeah, so how is the repairs for you car going?
Jali: LOL ;o)
Flash: They Kill the battery. SO, morale of the story is....take your car in for it's "regular" milage services. ;oP
Christina: WHAT?!?!?! I suppose I will have to add car repair to my "applications" he he he he. Hey go easy on your hubby. He is busy saving the SOULS of mankind! ;o)
Dirty: I have tried that and I only got a note saying "thanks for the beer and food, next time could you bring us a Ram 1500???" ~rolls eyes~ Damn unpopular non-smuggling type of vehicle!!!!
Super - I feel your pain. Cars suck ass at the worst possible times. I hate them with a passion. On the flip side I have learned how to fix alot of that crap and its fairly easy if you have basic tools. A decent Socket set and some wrenchs.
Call me next time it dies like that. 2 hours labor to change an alternator and belt is BS. I could have done it and have done in 20 minutes.
Post a Comment