BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cranium Crunch

Today's Crainum crunch has a theme. Guilt.

Here are the things that I feel guilty about:

1. Final retention lists of my Jr. High Sctudents. WHY? Well let me share with you a few lines from our vice principal..."If we hold back a 7th grader there is a 80% chance they will not finish High School with a diploma and will be on the average of 19, due to being held back." This one really made me think.."Be sure IF we are holding them back only on the grades (d's and F's) that they are failing 2 or more classes. ~Excuse me?!?!?! Wen I was in school a D was "passing" and and "F" was FAILING. Do the crime, do the time. This crappy ho hum liberal "feel good" grading has GOT to be the biggest PILE of CRAP I have stepped into in awhile... Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. My Mother is dying. Now those who know me best, have know about my mothers failing health. In 1989 she survived Breast Cancer. In 1996 she survived another radical Masectomy, and 2nd round of Chemo. This put her into pre-diabetes II. THEN, She was diagnosed with Rhumitory Arthritus and it just so happened to start attacking her internal organs back in 2000. This caused her to not be able to breathe, and she needed a lung transplant to live. Yeah, real nice huh? Well, the Gods smiled on her and gave her a gift of a lung transplant. This "gift" has enabled her to be with us for the birth of both her grand babies, my nieces. NOW The gods do not gift with out a cost. Her's?? Cancer. It has spread to her bones, and now is affecting her memory....I feel guilty that I am not moving to Spokane and that so far (knock on wood) I am healthy.

What things do you feel guilty about? Speeding? I mena we all do it. ;o) How about cheating on a boy/girlfriend? How about bloging while you should be "working"? he he eh he!

I think

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Christina_the_wench said...

I feel guilty for whining on my blog and for blogging while working and for cheating on my.... damn, I can't stop now. See what you did???

I am sorry about your mom, though. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

This attitude of the School Administrators is why young people who work at registers don't know how to give correct change if the register doesn't work or why so many people don't know who the Speaker of the House is.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, that's very sad.
Please don't feel guilty about not moving tho.

I feel guilty when I don't visit everyone's blogs.:)

Art_Fulldodger said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Thats a tough one. My Mom was in Florida and I was in Michigan when my Mom passed about 23 years ago.

Guilty ..... hmmmmm not buying that pound of weed when I was 20 ish. Not telling the wife about all the ...... wait chicks talk to each other don't they?

Mama en Fuego said...

#1. This liberal bullshit of non competitive sports teams (an oxymoron) and the no child left behind bullshit are the reason we are tumbling down intellectual slope.

#2. I am so sorry sweetie. I know how hard these past years have been with the ups and downs. I remember how frail your mom was before her transplant. If you need to come over for some margarita's or just straight vodka, call me, we'll drink, I'll make you laugh or let you cry, what ever you need.

Superstar said...

Christina: LOL ;o) Did I open Pandora's box?!?!?!?!

Top Cat: I don't feel so bad. I had 3 kids "drop" from our attendance b/c Mom and Dad don't have "time" for the kids to be "held" back, so they go to charter school X downthe street and get a pass to HS...or worse to the next grade. ~shrugs~ I have to allow that to go...at some point I might learn this concept! ;o)

Rain: I won't tell anyone about..*wink* that time in Vegas! LOL ;o)

Dirty: I may take you up on that...pool and margatini's! ;o)
@ all: Thank you so much. I have not really talked too much about my Mom. It seems that if it's not one medical issue it's another. I guess after 7 years of it all I have lost sight that I need to really treat each day as though it really is the last. *deep sigh* It's just really challenging and then the whole "pack my bags for my guilt trip" when things are not so well....???ANYWAY Thank you! all for your hugs!

Anonymous said...

I feel guilty for stealing my friend's good bra, taking photos with it every where I go and sending ransom pictures to her cellphone

Jim McKee said...

Hugs for your mom, hon. Try to go see her when you can.

I lost my mom when I was 22 (also to cancer). I was in the Navy at the time, but at least I was fortunate enough to be there when she passed. (She was morphined out and feelin' no pain, but at least she knew who I was.)

snowelf said...

My mom and I have a love-hate relationship. Regardless, I would be devastated if I lost her. She is very important in my life no matter how much she criticizes the crap out of me. I know it's just because she loves me. So my heart really goes out to you, Super. You've been living with this for a very long time and I can't imagine what an emotional roller coaster it has been for you.

so many hugs,
--snow

Christina said...

sending healing wishes to you and your mom.