So last night we all went Roller skating. Yes, our school had a fund raiser for the 8th graders to have a dance... I called my sister and invited her and MY#1 niece who is almost 4. She was SOOOO excited while putting on her skates and Auntie lacing her up. 1/2 hour later she was crying, pissed off that everyone could make the skates go right but her! LOL ;o) ~said in a sarcastic voice~ No she isn't geneticly my sister at all ~shakes head back and forth~ Oh Yeah!
Some of my Jr high kids were there and poor things got to see what I look like 1. when I am not teaching and 2. when I am screaming past them! That is I was on all 4 and up right...(disco diva!)
LOL I remember spending much of my age 10-15 years at the rink. OH how I dreamed of being a roller skating QUEEN!!! I guess in a sort I was in my own mind. Then I started thinking. Jeshhh my parents would drop me off for several hours on Sunday and often I would stay from 1pm to 7pm. No parents, no supervision, just ME on my own. (which was 3 phone calls of BEGGING to stay to the next session) I remember using my allowance and saving JUST enough to get that icy inbetween the "reverse" skate and the boys ask girls. OHHHH I was all that and a bag of chips at my "roller rink" *sigh*
Now in todays age I wouldn't dream of letting my niece go by herself to the bathroom let alone to a roller rink for 6 hours....*deep sigh* Them were the days huh?? Leaving the kiddos at the rink and letting LOVE blossom. My sister reminded me of the time she and her "boyfriend" snuck out and "made out"! (6th grade!!! GASPS!)
So who else has fond memories of the "roller skating" era????


11 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I went to one once when I was a kid...it wasn't very memorable. :)
Steve~
Nice, come comment on Mikes fishing stories, looking for great thumbnail posts.
Ohmigod. Light sticks on the roller floor? Couples only songs? The roller rink referees who would tag you out if you were being bad and made you sit in the middle, by the DJ booth?
Uh, yeah. I had my own skates, yo. I was tres cool.
The Roller Rink was THE place to have your birthday party. I remember going to the Great Skate with my friend Angie when we were in High School and this boy was being a jerk so I threw my drink at him ( I had always wanted to do that...)
Great Skate is still in it's old location and I gotta say, I love driving by and thinking of all the great times we had there.
Who didn't want to be a roller disco queen??? I mean COME ON!!
Sigh, I remember roller skating to "We Got the Beat," with my cool blue cords.
Awe that sound soooo much fun...I remember going roller skating when I was in 7th grade..got my first kiss...he had braces and I thought I was in love...at least for a week..
Novak: WHAT you an child of the 80's not going more than once to a roller rink? UNBELIEVABLE!!!
tkkerouac: Why thank you ~bows~ ~looks around~ So what did I say? maybe I should write it down!?!?!? Thanks for stopping by! WHOOO HOOO! new viewrs!
IAI: You were there last night! RAVE clubs LOOK out! crap, nothing worse than seeing your "night" job lighting up the place. LOL ;o) Oh and if the "cute "ref" asked you ro skat" ~waves hand in hot motion~ pheweeeee you were "daBOMB"!
DB: OMG I can totally see you...wanna go on March 30th? I dare you!
Los: THank you! ;o)
would Love to hear what Inga would say about "wheels on your feet"!
I have my own pair of skates that are relatively new. I don't go that often anymore, but I have friends who still skate 3 nights a week. I love roller skating, but I'd never leave a kid at the rink alone. Not these days.
Thanks for stopping by
try being single in your 40's
I love your thumbnail
this is my new one.
Lex: MARCH 30th bring your skates!!! YOu too can come on down to the ROLLER rink!!
LOL ;o)
TKK: Hey girl..it's flashing me! You hussy! LOL ;)Wink*wink* Thank you ~does 60 view~ I kinda play w/ it...This is my fav and since it's a Christmas one... am so keeping it....too bad I am not a photoshop queen or I would change her hout fit~ahem~ I mean what's left! ;o) he he he he he!
OMG IF I don't get on it, I will be SINGLE in my 40's...
~taps nose~ I suppose that I could 1. lie about my age or 2. have to create a NEW blog!CRAPPPPP.
I loved it. I had white stakes with red wheels..ahh i loved those skates.
Post a Comment