BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cranium Crunch

Child Abuse?? Anyone???

So did anyone else hear about the boy in England WHO's Mom will let him have ANYTHING he wants? CHILD ABUSE? I think so!

My understanding of the news story is that the Mother of a 8 year old boy allows him to anything he wants. She also will allow him to eat AS MUCH as he wants. ~holds hand up~ Did anyone else hear the screatching record in the backdrop??? YEAH... So get this. The kid who is Eight, Third grade, 8 and weights OVER 200 pounds!!!!
~jaw droping to the floor~
200 pounds that is 1 Tyra Banks with plus 1/2 of an Olsen Twin (I will pick Mary Kate, I am guessing her 80 lbs is the same...) ANYWAY that is the weight of a FOOTBALL player, like a QB or running back...200 pounds..
Child Abuse! AHHHHHH let me think for 1/2 a second...YES!

American Idol (Los you may be excused to the next topic)
The Men performed last night and I must be exhaused from playing my own gigs, but seriously...I can not believe that a couple of them even made it beyond "Hollywood week"...I have therefore decided as of last night, when, it was apparent that I would rather grade papers than LISTEN to anymore contestents...*deep sigh* I will now be awaiting the final 12... ~shrugs shoulders~

AIMS testing
Well today we had our "field testing" which I think is more to prep us teachers than the students. We had a 2 hour "writing" test for them to complete similar to the testing that they will need to have to be able to graduate. *PHHHHEEEWWWW*
2 hours people of me walking up and down the ailes. I have A.D.D. (as an adult) and I am here to tell you it was worse than TAKING THE TEST!!!! I need a Xantin over here STAT!!!!!

Which reminds me did anyone else see the show "are you smarter than a 5th grader"? Jeff Foxworthy hosts it and I have to tell you the questions and the people who were contestants shocked me...One question was: "what does R.E.M. stand for, as this occurs when you are sleeping". Y'all I am here to tell you the lady (I use that term lightly) jokingly said, "Isn't that a band?!?!?!"
~rolls eyes~
GAWD HELP US ALL!!!

11 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Just telling it like it is said...

yeah!! I'm first...that's all I got to say...

Good luck with testing I know everyone has been working sooooo hard on getting the kids ready!!!

Dan said...

I tend to agree that it at least borders on abuse. If the parents didn't fee him, that'd be abuse. If they fed him infected meat knowingly, abuse. Alcohol in large quantities, abuse.

Flash said...

Yeah, I agree. That mom should be killed and her son taken to a specialist. That kid weighs more then me!

GL with all the tests. Lay down the Power with them!

Art_Fulldodger said...

Didnt see the show but the answer is in Jeopardy form, What is Rapid Eye Movement. But I also liked REM the Band?

My neighbors kids could be twins to that English kid. The girl is like 5'-4" ft tall, is 16 now and has to go 2 bills easy. But she has been that big since she was 9 or 10. Her older brother is about 5'-7" and goes 300 easy. Neither one can actually run. Its very sad to say the least.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Do you really want me to comment? That Crunchy Carpet psycho might follow us here and start her "fat is good" campaign!
:-)

Mama en Fuego said...

Women like that have no business having children. SERIOUSLY. I mean what the fuck was she thinking? That if she allowed him to descide for himself that he'd make healthy choices??

That's just disgusting. That child desperately needs help or he's going live long enough to see 30.

Mama en Fuego said...

Rain - are both the parents heavy? Probably! See to me that's not genetics, that's learning unhealthy habits from unhealthy parents. I'm sure there are some genetic disorders out there but come on, we have more overweight people now than ever, has the "fat gene" been dormant for the past 1000 years and is only NOW being activated???

I call BULLSHIT.

Superstar said...

Just: Thank you! Smooches Chicka!

Dan: What can I say? It takes more work to get a Drivers license than to be able to procrate!

Flash: I know. The kid weights almost as much as...a linebacker I know!

IAI: Please say something...I am sure she wouldn't DARE cyber stalk me here...Then again, I am blonde and most o the time CLUELESS to some of that!

Rain: The point that I should have made more clear is that the mom is not teaching the child ANY discipline...NO...A word that most 2 year olds hear non stop! However she has now jepordized the life of her own child with obesity...I think that is equally as harmful as say, running him over with a car!

Dirty: I am with you...Less XBox and PSP2 and I am sure that our kids would be out playing 2 square...Just a thought. When I was 8-9 I was only inside when it was dark, then it was practice piano, dinner, dishes, and homework...What the F**K happened to that routine???
OH yeah the Bub-Tube became Generation X's babysitter!

snowelf said...

I could never live with myself if I was raising my kids this way. I also believe it leads to expecting everything in your life to be handed to you and we all know real life isn't that way. I truly believe you CAN raise your kids with nice things, but you have to teach them to appreciate them as well. It's not that difficult of a concept. I know I am grateful not to have been raised that way.

Excellent cranium crunch, Super!
--snow

Art_Fulldodger said...

Super and Dirty - She is a single mom, yeah she is fairly large and very short, I have never seen the Dad around, ever, they live with the grandparents and get zero supervision.

Christina said...

I totally agree especially when I heard that his mother refused to stop giving him junk food because she did not want to upset her son and that is all he likes.