BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 12, 2006

guy speak 101

Ok so GEG guy ended our conversation the other night on the phone with "love YOU babe".

*gasp*

OMG he just said YOU not YA....

Now I am flipping out. I then threw the phone across the room like a hot potato." HOLY crap" . OMG wait. Am I absolutly POSSITIVE that he said "love you babe" and not "love YA babe"? OK think, think, think....

Yep it was "love YOU babe".... not sure just HOW much to read into this verbal "outburst" I talked to a couple of my "guy friends" (no benes...just guys that I talk to) they all 4 out of 4 of them said, "yep he's into you." when we say YOU not YA it's going somewhere...Maybe just a big toe in the deep end of the pool to see...but Yep, it's a word that we are sure to use when we want to move it up a notch!"

CRAP! Now what? I really like this guy and I am sure that we both could be the "hottest" new couple. My fear? That it will be all that I want and that he wants. This means moving back to Spokane. What is the big deal about moving home?

Let me share a glimps in the life of Bambi. Rewind with me back in 1997 when I loaded up the U-Haul and tow trailer with my car, I didn't even cry or look in the rear view. I was so excited to be going to a city and state that I had always DREAMED of living.

Ten years later I am reflecting, was I Running away? Was I just needing to be out on my own in the BIG world, to discover all that I could become? There is something so awesome about being able to "start over" in a fresh city and State. No one knows you from WHO you were, They only know you as they see when y'all meet. I really dug in deep in PHX, leaving behind the fat, "brace-face", 4 eyes girl that had blossomed into a beautiful butterfly...

What is so wrong with the beautiful city I had called "home" for so long? (Aside from the snow 3 months a year?!) I firmly beleived that when I left I would never, NEVER move back. Every trip I take back to visit, I swear on the plane that I am SO glad that I live in PHX. I am so glad to live 1500 miles away from all that I grew up with. That is where my guilt comes in.

Thanks Grandma for packing my bags for my little guilt trip over here. So digging deeper within me, what do I think will make me the happiest? What outcome can I spin and make a positive?

Guy speak 101 has now lead me to this road...While he says You vs. YA and now my head HURTS like a Friday night hangover, all from the closing "Love YOU babe".

16 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Yoda said...

Well, make that 5/5. I too think that he's really into you!

Spokane is a Southwest city, so if you move there, you'll have cheap airtickets, that's for sure :-)

Superstar said...

Yoda! Hey babe! OK Spokane is in Washington state and the tickets ON SLE are $200 roundtrip. ;o(

Thanks for the weigh in!

Mama en Fuego said...

He used LOVE and YOU in the same sentance? Shit, it hate bridesmades dresses, they always make me look like a Barbie that got left on the dashboard

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with moving back home. I should know.

Art_Fulldodger said...

Start packing, No guy in his right mind says the L word until he knows for sure! He wasnt drunk was he? :)

By the way, Your done like dinner!

Jen said...

That is a toughy! We are women, and we want to think he said "love you" as in I am in love with you! But guys are weird creatures!
I tell my boyfriend I love him, and he says "you too"! I think he has said I love maybe two or three times in two years! But he comes from a different country and culture where they don't say those sort of things! But to my friends, when I get off the phone I tell them I love them, and he thinks it is weird!
So you just gotta figure the dude ou t!

Superstar said...

dirty: Like I would make you wear pink satin/taffita...(barf)BTW aren't you putting the cart well befor the horses? LOL ;o)

Smokin: Good to see you 'round these parts. I am al floopy about moving home...so many demonds....

Jen..I know but he and I are both from GEG so...WASP as they come...LOL ;o) I wouldn't have thought twice about it if he had not pronounced the YOU so much...

Rainman: Really? CRAPPPPPPP!!!!!

I mean it was just a simple, Love you babe...I say it Ya... but still...*sigh*
~gets out packing tape guns and inspects them~

Jen said...

Ok so what is "GEG" and "WASP" if that is some sort of subliminal message I don't get it! LOL
Maybe it is online talk I am not hip to just yet! :)

Superstar said...

jen: GEG is the airport code for Spokane and WASP is White anglo saxon.,.I forget the P...HS history cless...LOL ;o)
That is ok..I had to ask what IHO was! (In my humble opion.) LOL

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

And I just put in for two jobs in Phoenix. Sigh.

I, too, escaped my hometown and you can hardly PAY me to go back for visits. I have no desire to ever return ... unless it's in a time machine to a certain HS summer but that ain't happening.

You have to ask yourself how important location is to you. For me, a cold, snowy place is NOT an option. I don't care if George Clooney is begging me to come live there so I can have a threesome with him and Brad Pitt, not gonna happen.

I left this state once and actually came back after a seven week stint in New England. Hated it. Missed my friends. Missed the sunshine. Tried to talk myself into the move and that just didn't work.

So, I know GEG guy has a fancy schmancy business that would be tough to relocate. But would it be impossible??

And yo - this guy was waaaaaay into you before the L-word slipped. No shit. Hook, line, sinker.

snowelf said...

"I don't care if George Clooney is begging me to come live there so I can have a threesome with him and Brad Pitt, not gonna happen."

omg...lmfao!!

Super--is he the kind of guy you can see yourself living happily ever after with? If in your heart you can truly say yes, it won't matter where you live. You will be happy.

Fairmaiden327 said...

OMG love this. Have to catch up. Oh and morning!

jali said...

If we can love you - he can love you.

I'm happy for you sweetie!

Superstar said...

IAI: I am trying to figure out if 1. I could bear the cold again after...well, paradise in PHX...and 2. How I can manage to live in both. ;o) I wouldn' mind leaving in May when temps start into the 100 thru end of Aug when it's walk into the oven hot at a nice 110-120...fly back and forth, kind of thing...but ultimatly I am going to have to pick one place...Well maybe not. LOL ;o)

OMG PHX really?!?!?!? YEAH! That would be the shizzznit~!!

Fair: HEY pull up a computer and join along!

Jali: Thank you...*sniff* *sniff* Y'all do really WWWUUUVVVV ME!!! ;o)

Snow: "Home is where the Heart is?" LOL ;o) My heart has always been in PHX!!!! ;o)

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Yup. Phoenix, really. And I'm really selling myself on it - golf mecca for KAATN, MOntessori schools for GC ... good ops for spanish-speaking, non-criminal me ...

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is don't do anything rash. I am a middle aged woman who was married for 32 yrs and is now in the process of getting a divorce. If you have the SLIGHTEST DOUBT, don't do it. You may regret it later. If there should be things in your life that you regret they should be the things that you didn't do, not the things that you did do. I didn't have any doubts when I got married, however, I don't know if my soon to be ex had any doubts when we got married. The reason for our divorce is I found out that he had been having an affair. You know when life hands you lemons you just ask your friends to bring the Tequila and the salt and make the best of the situation.