I tell you having 2 weeks off did NOTHING for me! I started a new sub assignment for Language arts (fancy for English class) so I had to do a crash corse in 6-8th grade Lit and vocab words.
So here is a question for y'all. Should a teacher be able to spell the words with out the book? LOL ;o) I actually had to look up the word ghoul, ghost and stadium. I also have learned that the word "because" is the most mis used and mis-spelled of any word I know about for 6-8th graders. HMMMMM....
I swear there are some of these words that I don't even spell right! (potato /potatoes....) ;o) YOu get the idea. I am LOVING the dictionary. A student told me that I spelled a word wrong.. *ahem* I am the teacher..."really?" I said. "prove me wrong!" I handed him the dictionary and all the kids thought I was the "bomb" to be willing to be proved "wrong"..Guess what. They all learned the meaning and HOW to spell it right! (OMG I am effective??? SHHHH don't tell anyone!)
Gots to go...Sorry if you couldn't link to the stripper post. I will try to fix the link and post some good and juicy gossip about my LOVE (or LACk there of) life!
I will give y'all a hint. The guy in Spokane that said "I was the one that got away!"!!!!!
Smooches
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
New classes!
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 2:19 PM

9 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I would argue that "like" is even more mis-used than "because" among middle school student. Although it is much easier to spell.
effective, hell yes!
m
How about the word, um, when used with like, and because. It drives me, like, um, nuts, you know?
Oooh - gossip! Can't wait!
My father is an English and Reading teacher and can't spell for shit. Never could. It always amazed me how he could be such a great teacher and smart guy but still can't get the whole "i before e" thing ...
I before E, except after C. Or when sounded like a as in "neighbor" and "weigh".
If that's the case... then what the fuck is up with the following words?
codeine, conscience, feisty,
foreign, forfeit, height, heinous, heir, heist, neither, prescient,
science, seismic, seize, sheik,
society, sovereign, weird
Smokin: The words w/ the silent "g" "h" and use of combo "ght" is because many of the english words are root in German, and Latin. ;o)
Seize uses the "ei" as a Hard "e" thus not like "a" such as in neighbor or weigh...again using the silent "gh"...
LOS: When my students start the sentance with the following: like, Um, Aint, cant. I correct them and make them repeat it correctly before giving them my responce. LOL ;o) They HATE me!
Molly: Thank you ~takes a bow~
IAI: I don't get it. I can spot it when it's spelled wrong, but can't spell it ...I know the meaing of big words but can't spell them...beleive...?? I mean I once caught myself spelling "of" OV...LOL ;o) ~smakes hand on forhead!~ UGH!
Sven: Are you sneeking into my classroom all day??? LOL ;o)
You hit it right on the head! "Like, OMG, he is , like, so crazy!" ~teeney whore rolles her eyes here.~
I can't wait till I start reading them some Emily Dickenson or Emily Plath! LOL ;o)
*sigh*
I still get confused sometimes as to whether there's two m's in tomorrow!
Um, did I wander into spelling class? I forgot my pencil.
Spokane dude is BACK! Wooohoooo!
I can't spell for shit either. I guess that's why I'm not a teacher...But I think there's nothing worst then when a teacher writes something on the board, and some little snot-nosed kid says "Um, Miss So and So...You spelled it wrong".
Post a Comment