~stomps off in a huff~
That is it! I have had it with this POS Dr. She perscribes 10 days of antibiotics then advises me to call if I am still not 100% by the 10 day mark. So what do I do? I called them up today and advised that I am most likely looking at another 7-10 days of antibiotics to KICK this URI (That is Upper Respitory Infection for all non medical peeps) I wait by the phone and tapping my foot. I am not a patient sick person.
*ring*
DR Nurse: Hi this is _________ for Dr. ______ Office
Me: Great! Thanks for calling back so quickly (~stopped tapping my foot~)
DR Nurse: Yeah we reviewed your file and the Dr will have to see you again to proceed with any more perscriptions.
Me: Well Dr ____ told me that she would just call in more if I still had not kicked it.
Dr: She is on vacation and there are no notes, to say that.
Me; Look I know y body and every URI I have requires 3 weeks to get it out. Bronical Pneumonial infections are not an over night cure...
Dr: I know but the Dr filling in needs to see you to be sure that you don't need something else.
Me: SOmething else? I am already out $100 from a week ago seeing Dr_____ can't we just do what I norally do and get additional antibiotics? What is the deal. I don't have any additional funds or insurance. I was just there 10 days ago.
Dr: Sorry we have to see you to continue treating you.
Me: Well is the Dr going to pay for my office visit then? I just told you I don't have the money, and I still need to buy the antibiotics.
Dr: well, we can work out a payment plan. You can pay half for the visit and we can bill you for the remaining.
Me: Well who is going to pay for the antibiotics if i GIVE YOU MY LAST $50????
Dr: I guess you could go to the ER.
Me: Forget it. You are all fired.
So, I guess this is what our medical coverages have come to. No longer do the Dr's listen LISTEN to their patients. They just do what they want and then who really is to suffer here? That is right me. Jo consumer. Ever timeI have gone to this office for edical care, they want to run EVERY test and poke me. Then as if they are a "fee for service" provider, I get dinged everytime I look. If I hadn't been so insistant on my last visit, I would have had to pay for a rapid strp test that was $61!!! I told the PA and the nurse both. "Look, I have chroinic URI's I have NEVER in y life had strep. HELLO??? If you took 5 m in AND listened TO ME YOU would KNOW that I know how my body is and reacts to.
I fired them. Now I need to find a Dr that is interested in Listeing to his/her patients and not trying to reach into y wallet every 10 days for a poke around the bambi mobil. In the mean time I will be on the HUNT for a Family Practice/General Practice Doc that wants to treat each patient not a "general" population...this is how we do it for EVERYONE! I am not ERVERYONE! I have struggled w/ these URI's since age 10...I KNOW how my body works. I specifically moved to AZ because of the weather and my ability to fight them off. (cold weather, mold and allergies are HUGE triggers for y URI's).
GRRRRR I am so not happy. PLUS I am still coughing up smoe mucus which makes me sound like a smoker cough or some of a lung! I mean REALLY! This means that IF I want to get better, I am either going to have to suck it up for bad service to this POS Dr. OR suffer it out and be suseptible to getting sick AGAIN! (colds will come back if you are not 100% and 2 X the strength)
SO FIRED!!!!! I just can't make myself go back...So, if anyone has any herbal suggestions I am all ears. I REFUSE to give my last $$$$ to the Dr. Stick it to ya JACKAZZ.
~searches for that Zinc vitamin bottle and the echinasia~
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
My Dr is so fired!
Single Suburbian blah blah blah from Superstar at 1:44 PM

5 Left me pearls of wisdom:
I am convinced that the medical community has a system in place to make sure you visit their doctors as much as possible so they ave another excuse to bill you.
I'm not saying this is the case for all medical procedures, but I do think the attitude has always been to encourage as many visits as possible. I'm betting half of theise visits are unnecessary.
But if the medical community didn't encourage these visits, they would make half as much money.
The answer is a "Doc-in-the-Box." Go to them, tell 'em the problem and what you usually get and they write the scrip. The visits are pricey but it's wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.
Either that or hook up with a doctor. ;-)
Sorry you're still sick and the docs are being a pain in the ass. Want me to come and take care of it?
So, the important lesson here is to never get sick ... EVER! Doctors are a scam now, there is no doubt. They give you an appointment, you wait in the waiting room for 3 hours and then STILL pay them. There should be some sort of Dominos Doctor, where, if you wait for more than 30 minutes, your visit is free.
Smokin: It's like I am being looked at as the "payment" for the BMW sitting in the parking space!
IAI: I used to have a great DR! The problem is that he moved to Cali. All I used to have to do is call him and his PA would call in anything I needed as long as I had been there w/in the last year. I am sure that Dr. Eng would just Love a trip back to wherever he came from.
LOL ;o) I like that. Doc-in a box! Hey that isn't a half bad idea....drive thru Dr. ;o) Fits right in w/ American style!
Los: SEE?!?!?! Yes, and WE still PAY for it. Bad service, long waiting w/ and appointment. I wouldn't put up w/ that from any other service. I don't tolerate it from my clients...so why do I put up w/ bad service from a DR? Lets face it...They have us by the short and curlies!
I say look for a doctor who is just starting out-they usually still have a lot of compassion and are eager to do a great job.
And I'm sorry you're still sick. :(
--snow
Post a Comment