BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 16, 2006

Dashing through the snow...

That is right people. It is 15 days past the "official" date that I begin my Christmas shopping. October first. I start asking for Christmas lists and advise that any items that are on the list are things that can not be purchased until after Christmas. (how else can the Christmas begal do it's thing???)

Well this year I am doing one better. I am not asking for any lists. That is right for the first year in many I am doing a gift that people can't return and if they don't like it...TOUGH TITTIES! I am sure that my whole family will be BEAMING with pride when they receive my very first Christmas album. I was supposed to go to the recording studio this week...[Laughs at my self]...Yeah right. I am a good week and a half out from this head cold not affecting my ability to sing. I sound like a giant nose singing right now...NO BUENO. SO, I thought I would open up the "request" line for songs that people like to hear

Let me tell you my list so far:

1. O holy Night (Celine Dion's version 2 keys lower)
2. My grown up Christmas list (Amy Grants)
3. I wanna hippopotumus for Christmas
4. Where are you Christmas (faith hill)
5. Rockin' around the Christmas Tree (Amy Grant)
6. Santa Baby (Madonna's version while I am torn I like Ertha Kitts too...)
7. Mary did you know? (duet w/ ?? guest male vocal I am hoping Vance will or Patrick)

There are a number of "memories" that I will be speaking the tracks of when my sister and family were little and the fun and special memories we all shared...

What other songs would be fun to have on the CD???...as I am going to make it available to the public for all that would like to buy one. I already have 3 requests for purchase in my e-mail...

Request lines are now open!

10 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Sven said...

* "Blue Christmas" by Elvis
* "Last Christmas" by Wham
* "Christmas Time Is Here" from The Charlie Brown Chistmas special

Los said...

Little Drummer Boy - Bowie and Crosby (always makes me well up inside).

Father Christmas - The Kinks (probably the most rockin' Christmas tune of all time).

Happy Christmas (War is Over) - John Lennon (Even with Yoko's annoying voice, still a fantastic song).

Wonderful Christmas - Paul McCartney (Yes, it is very poppy, but still, always reminds me of X-mas).

Sven said...

los:

Did you ever see the video for Little Drummer Boy with Bowie and Bing? Apparently Bowie couldn't remember the words to the song so he had to have a lyric sheet. It was kind of funny watching him read along. I wonder what was going through Bing's head.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

Is this for Bambi Does Christmas? ;-)

Little Drummer Boy, hands down, it's my favorite.

I also like Do You Hear What I Hear?

Do They Know It's Christmas ... when I was verrrrrrry pregnant (like three days from delivery), I heard this song on the radio and actually had to pull off the interstate b/c I was bawling so hard ... friggin' hormones. So don't do that one, OK?

Flash said...

"Your a mean one, Mr. Grinch".

My all time favorite X-mas song.

Superstar said...

Sven: OH Blue Christmas. Wynonna did a version of that I can get a copy of the track.

Los: Anne Murrey's version of Little Drummer boy is most definatly doable for me. I am not a sure about Wonderful Christmas...

Sven: LOL Bowie can't remember a song??? Imagine that! Too many drugs!

IAI: Yes, This is for my signing DEBUE! ;o)

Flash: I will see if my guest male will be able and or willing to do that one. ;o) LOL ;o) I have sang it before and it sounds like something that the chipmunks recorded on crack!

There are some great suggestions...I am so exited!

Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year and the decorations are out of control. I have 15 storage bins of decor that ALL gets used! OUT of control!

snowelf said...

O Holy Night is my favorite, and you already picked that, :) so I'm with Los--Little Drummer boy.

I also like All I Want for Christmas is You. There is a great version of it on the Love Actually Soundtrack.
(I can email the file to you if you like.)


I would LOVE a cd, too. Just lemme know what to do. :) Make sure you sign it. ;P

--snow

Superstar said...

Snow: I am not so sure I can pull that song off.. I will see. There are 3 key changes and the version I like is done by Mirah Carey..Kind of like following Shamo at Sea world...LOL ;o)

I will ad you to the list for mailing. ;o)

Yoda said...

OHHHHNOOOOO!! Don't talk about Christmas ... look its still fall outside. Its still light till 7 pm. Oh no, I don't want the snow ... I'm not ready for it yet!

jali said...

The Christmas Song..."chestnuts (which means something sexual to my confuse extended family) roasting on an open fire."

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" is one of my old favorites - the WWII era song - I love it.