BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Here is to cheating death...

I was tagged YET AGAIN for this morbid post. But I hope that everyone who really knows me, KNOWS that there had better be a party to celebrate my life rather than a bunch of crying wankers with runny noses and tears of sadness. With that being said here is the list of songs that I would like for all my friends, family and others to remember me by.

Amerika-Wildfire

She Comes Down From Yellow Mountain
On a Dark Flat Land She Rides
On a Pony She Named Wildfire
With a Whirl WindBy Her Side
On a ColTheySay d Nebrasken Night
Oh She Died One Winter
When There Came a Killing Frost
And the Pony She Named Wildfire
Busted Down and Stalled
In a Blizard He Was Lost


Chorus

She Ran Calling Wildfire
She Ran Calling Wildfire
She Ran Calling Wildfire

By the Dark of the Moon -I Planted
But There Came An Early Snow
It'sBeen a Hoot in Hell in My Window Now
For Six Nights in aRow
Shes Comeing For Me I Know
And On WildfireWe're Both Gonna Go

Will Be Riding Wildfire
Will Be Riding
We;ll be ridin' wildfire
We'll be riding WILDFIRE...

John Denver-Poems Prayers and Promises.

I've been lately thinking about my life's time,
all the thingsI've done and how it's been.
And I can't help believing in my own mind,

I know I'm gonna hate to see it end.
I've seen a lot of sunshine, slept out in the rain,

spent a night or two all on my own.
I've known my lady's(MEN's) pleasures,

had myself some friends,
spent a time or two in my own home.
I have to say it now, it's been good life all in all,

it'sreally fine to have a chance to hang around.
and lie there by the fire and watch the evening tire
while all my friends and my old lady sit and pass a pipearound.
And talk of poems and prayers and promises and things that we believe in.
How sweet it is to love someone, how right it is to care.
How long it's been since yesterday,

what about tomorrow and what about our dreams
and all the memories we share?

Days they pass so quickly now, the nights are seldom long.
Time around me whispers when it's cold.
The changes somehow frightens me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old.
For though my life's been good to me there's still so much to do.
So many things my mind has never known.
I'd like to raise a family,

I'd like to sail away and danceacross the mountains on the moon.
I have to say it now, it's been good life all in all,

it'sreally fine to have a chance to hang around.
and lie there by the fire and watch the evening tire
while all my friends and my old lady sit and pass a pipearound.
And talk of poems and prayers and promises and things that we believe in.
How sweet it is to love someone, how right it is to care.
How long it's been since yesterday, what about tomorrow
and what about our dreams and all the memories we share?

Gretchen Wilson - Here For The Party

Well I'm an eight ball shooting double fisted drinking son of a gun
I wear My jeans a little tight
Just to watch the little boys come undone
Im here for the beer and the ball busting band
Gonna get a little crazy just because I can
[Chorus]


You know im here for the party
And i aint leavin til they throw me out
Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know im here, im here for the party
I may not be a ten but the boys say i clean up good
And if i gave em half a chance for some rowdy romance you knowthey would
Ive been waiting all week just to have a good time
So bring on them cowboys and their pick up lines

[repeat chorus]

Dont want no purple hooter shooter just some jack on the rocks
Dont mind me if i start that trashy talk
[repeat chorus twice]

Alphaville - Forever Young

Let's dance in style, lets dance for a while
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst
Are you going to drop the bomb or not?
Let us die young or let us live forever
We don't have the power but we never say never
Sitting ina sandpit, life is a short trip
The music's for the sad men
Can you imagine when this race is won
Turn our golden faces into the sun
Praising our leaderswe're getting in tune
The music's played by the mad men
Forever young, I want to be forever young
do you really want to live forever, forever and ever
Forever young, I want to be forever young
do you reallywant to live forever? Forever young
Some are likewater, some are like the heat
Some are a melody and someare the beat
Sooner or later they all will be gone
whydon't they stay young
It's so hard to get old without a cause
I don't want to perish like afading horse
Youth's like diamonds in the sun
are forever.


So many adventures couldn'thappen today
So many songs we forgot to play
So manydreams swinging out of the blue
We let them come true
Forever young, I want to be forever young
do youreally want to live forever, forever and ever
Foreveryoung, I want to be forever young
do you really want tolive forever, forever and ever
Forever young, I wantto be forever young
do you really want to live forever?


Scorpions, The - Living For Tomorrow Lyrics(Music: Rudolf Schenker / Lyrics: Klaus Meine)
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Let's make this world
A better place to live
Start to take
Start to give
Love's got the power
To get it done
To stop the pain
Of a killing gun
And even if you say
We're gonna die today
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Cause love will find a way my friend
Whatever it will take
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Why don't we try today my friend
To make this world a better place
Let's make this life
A better life to live
Stop to hate
Learn to forgive
Even power can kill
The human race
If we gave life
A human face (a human face)
And even if you say
We're gonna die today
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Cause love will find a way my friend
Whatever it will take
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Why don't we try today my friend
To make this world a better place (a better place)
And even if you say
We're gonna die today
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Cause love will find a way my friend
Whatever it will take
I'm still living for tomorrow
I'm living for today
Why don't we try today my friend
To make this world a better place
I'm still living for tomorrow



I am now taggin this back to IAI, Jim Mckee, Molly Mcmommy (please let there be a song about peni) and Snowelf.

14 Left me pearls of wisdom:

Los said...

Man - what a depressing topic, eh? I don't want to think about my death, although it would be cool to see who actually showed up to "mourn" my passing.

Art_Fulldodger said...

Holds hand up!

No peni songs Please!

I like the Gretchen Wilson tune.
Is she considered a spinner?

snowelf said...

All righty---this is a tough one since I'm so fabulous and all! ;) But I'll work on it. :P

--snow

Superstar said...

Los: I know I would want to "hang out" at my wake..Joking and laughing about all the fun times and NOT so fun times! I just know that when the time comes...My friends will make sure that all will be having and FEELING GOOOOOODDDD!!!

Rainman:~holds out a bottle of valuim~
Seriously, you KNOW Molly will have a song if there is one! Grethen Wilson is a Country Songstress. Big and Rich, Skinard, Hank William Jr, Waylon Jennings, and Haggard??? They all are calling themselves the "muzac Moffia" Kid Rock is in that group too, off and on.

Snow: I know...I had to sit and stew on this one for a few days. PLUS I was at the hospital on such a JOYOUS occation...Who could think about "death"!!!!

Flash said...

I want my funeral to be a party. No suits, no crying. Just a toast and great memories.

Yoda said...

My answer would be oh so simple. Not a second thought. I'd like to have Jim Morrison's "The End" for my end, my friend.

"No safety or surprise, the end
Ill never look into your eyes...again"

Art_Fulldodger said...

Super - Ummm I think you misunderstood the term "Spinner" for Gretchen.

Spinner: One who is small enough in stature to be spun on the male appendage during intercourse.

Irreverent Antisocial Intellectual said...

But I'm going to live forever ... or at the very least, haunt people.
This might be the toughest tag yet ... shit. Will get cracking on it - I know you're good with that whip ;)

Sven said...

I think Wildfire was originally written and performed by Michael Martin Murphy.

Art_Fulldodger said...

Crassius Maximus -
My favorite line from those guys is:

Ve are Da Scorpions and Ve are going to Sting Ya!

Superstar said...

Yoda:I will have to download and listen.

IAI: WHIPA*snap*
LOL;o)

Rain: OHHHHHH I totally went blonde on you there....opps. Iguess. Ironic that she sings a song making fun of "skinny girls"...hmmmm

CM: Klaus is goin' to KICK your ass! I also like the song wind of change for an alternate...now...

Sven: Hey! Welcome...I will have to check out your link! I hope it has the original score....

Superstar said...

Sven: YOu are a musical wizard! That was fantastic...Here I thought I KNEW all the remakes...I have learned something new...
Oh BTW I think they call that mailbox money when another group records songs written by another right?

Anonymous said...

Rock You Like a Hurricane is so much better of a Scorpions song.

Sven said...

Only if you get permission first. Otherwise its called "being in a cover band"